"The Notion of Sarah Palin Being President

They do make choices based on who can step into the job. She was more qualified than Obama was and you are still acting as if she was unqualified despite the fact that you VOTED HIM IN.

She wasn't qualified because she didn't know anything and refused to learn. He's smart. You just disagree with him.

If I just disagreed with her, I'd say, 'she's smart but i disagree with her' like I do about people like Scalia.

Palin knows nothing and instead of studying and preparing herself, she refused to learn anything and embarrassed herself.

I understand the rightwingnut attachment to her. But that isn't what we're talking about.

Palin was more than qualified to be the GOP nominee. Because a Republican president is nothing more than a figurehead who represents the top 1% and religious nuts. She would be no different than Bush. Cut programs that help the poor and give tax breaks to the rich? Spend trillions on defense/war. She's no different than Romney or Santorum or McCain or Bush. They are simply the figurehead for the top 1%. She would turn a blind eye to corporate pollution. She would push for free trade and send all the good jobs overseas. She would break unions. She would take away collective bargaining. She would sell "The commons" to private companies just like any other Republican. She would go to war with Iran. She would kill social security and medicare. She would ban abortion. She would descriminate against gay people. She would not regulate the bankers, oil companies or healthcare companies.

Who's telling GOP politicians, Senators and Governors what to do? Adelson, The Koch Brothers and ALEC. Billionaires.

Let me know if I'm wrong about anything I said about Palin. Am I wrong on any of the positions I said she's just like Bush on? Can anyone show me where/how Romney/Palin are different than Bush?

They do make choices based on who can step into the job. She was more qualified than Obama was and you are still acting as if she was unqualified despite the fact that you VOTED HIM IN.

She wasn't qualified because she didn't know anything and refused to learn. He's smart. You just disagree with him.

If I just disagreed with her, I'd say, 'she's smart but i disagree with her' like I do about people like Scalia.

Palin knows nothing and instead of studying and preparing herself, she refused to learn anything and embarrassed herself.

I understand the rightwingnut attachment to her. But that isn't what we're talking about.

Your post is based on flawed thinking. Governor Palin was actually more qualified than Obama and McCain when it came to running a government. She had a great resume and she garnished a 90% approval rating with the people of Alaska, a state with multi billion dollar business contracts that she delt with. It is a fact that Obama's resume didn't match up to hers. He only spent 147 days as a Jr Senator by default. Palin had common sense and people in the media just couldn't understand her way with words when she would talk issues. The people of Alaska did because she debated 2 veteran governors 3 times and became the 14th person in the nations history to unseat a incumbent governor. It was that fact that she had a phenominal record of executive experience and public service that the media could not stand and they decided to send a team of 30 attorneys and democratic operatives to Alaska to unturn every stone in order to slime her as well as her family. That is the truth. She was a serious threat to their chosen one and still is to this day. That is why team Obama released a campaign attack ad against her, a civilian, yesterday. Schmidt is a turncoat and is shifting the blame off him because he ran a losing campaign based on McCains unwillingness to attack Obama and raise issues about his past as well as McCain making a fateful decision to suspend his campaign at the most critical phase of the race to go to Washington and deal with the bailout crisis to a much protest from Palin who wanted to continue the campaign. McCains decision to do that was the final nail in his coffin.

Last edited:

Your post is based on flawed thinking. Governor Palin was actually more qualified than Obama and McCain when it came to running a government. She had a great resume and she garnished a 90% approval rating with the people of Alaska, a state with multi billion dollar business contracts that she delt with. It is a fact that Obama's resume didn't match up to hers. He only spent 147 days as a Jr Senator by default. Palin had common sense and people in the media just couldn't understand her way with words when she would talk issues. The people of Alaska did because she debated 2 veteran governors 3 times and became the 14th person in the nations history to unseat a incumbent governor. It was that fact that she had a phenominal record of executive experience and public service that the media could not stand and they decided to send a team of 30 attorneys and democratic operatives to Alaska to unturn every stone in order to slime her as well as her family. That is the truth. She was a serious threat to their chosen one and still is to this day. That is why team Obama released a campaign attack ad against her, a civilian, yesterday. Schmidt is a turncoat and is shifting the blame off him because he ran a losing campaign based on McCains unwillingness to attack Obama and raise issues about his past as well as McCain making a fateful decision to suspend his campaign at the most critical phase of the race to go to Washington and deal with the bailout crisis to a much protest from Palin who wanted to continue the campaign. McCains decision to do that was the final nail in his coffin.

You could make this exact same argument for Rick Perry, but like Palin, he too is a fucking idiot. So was Cain and Bachmann.

And just as wrong as McCain/Romney/Bush/Rush/Fox/Santorum.

Obama has proven to be a great commander and chief. 4 more years!

She was more qualified than Obama

Are you kidding me? She couldn't even hack it as the Governor of the 4th least populated state, and you think she would have been even better at presiding over the entire country?

And just like Perry in Texas, she benefitted from high oil prices. Totally not her control. And I'm sure Alaska today is worse off but Exxon and Shell are better off because of Palin's policies.

of the United States is..... "

unacceptable?

That was Steve Schmidt just now on Morning Joe... and HE isn't saying that the portrayal in Game Change was wrong.

He also says that we need to start making Vice Presidential choices for actual considerations like can this person step into the job rather than for political considerations like what group does this person help with?

FWIW, he thought John Edwards was ill-equipped for the big job, too.

crusaderfrank-albums-pds-victims-picture1353-user18625-pic1321-1266418812.jpg

You think "Not So Shovel" ready Obama has done good?

Your post is based on flawed thinking. Governor Palin was actually more qualified than Obama and McCain when it came to running a government. She had a great resume....

Funny how the GOP tries to point to Romney's experience at Bain as a reason why he should be president, and all he did was lay people off, rip off their pensions and send their jobs overseas. And he walked away with millions each time he did this. This is not good for America.

Similar to how they want to give Palin credit for Alaska's budget surplus when the only reason they had a surplus was because the oil companies were charging us $4 a gallon.

I hope one day there is a water shortage and Michigan cuts off water to any state that isn't bordering the Great Lakes and we should charge the rest of the country an arm and a leg for our fresh water.

My post is based on a lot of things. Flawed thinking isn't one of them. Palin was mayor of a city that didn't have many more people than one of the larger high schools in manhattan. Then was a half term governor of a state where she misused her authority. And while I appreciate that palinistas think her flaws were the fault of the "lamestream media", her flaws were a pervasive ignorance that permeated her interviews. And, if you actually read the o/p, it was the person who PICKED her to run with John McCain who felt she was unwilling to learn anything. Certainly he wasn't predisposed to disrespect her. That isn't a creation of the media... it is fact. And his admonition was that both parties

What I DO agree with you about is that McCain looked doddering with his pretend suspension of his campaign during the financial meltdown. But that served to make normal people look at palin and say: ummm... can this person handle the top spot? do you trust her in an emergency?

So, while this Hillary voter would have liked to see the president be more seasoned, he is smart and capable of learning. She is shrewd politically, but extraordinarily ignorant and, worse, unwilling to learn.

That isn't a construction of the media.

Im convinced Republicans run guys like Dole or McCain whenever they want to make sure the Democrats win. McCain was a disaster while a Palin/McCain ticket would have won a vast majority of our 57 states

The Right didn't want that election, or it wouldn't have had grandpa Munster as the front runner to begin with. Sarah was just the stake that planted the french kiss (there was tongue) on the deal.

The left is wasting time on these issues. The right doesn't want this election either. There's still too much pain in the economy, pain that they caused, to want anything to do with what is needed to recover. Instead, they'll wait four more years, pissing and moaning all the way, and when things look like they're turning around they'll do three things: win, take credit, and TANK it so they can once again claim the government they continue (and they will) to kneecap cannot function. They will then throw the whole coot and kabibble to the "free" market and the MIT to charge us for the expected results, once again.

Short little attention spans.

Still cant handle the fact that Sarah Palin had more experience governing than Barack Obama did can you guys?

And my boss at work as "more experience" at "running something" than almost anyone out there in any recent Presidential race. You want to elect him?

unacceptable?

That was Steve Schmidt just now on Morning Joe... and HE isn't saying that the portrayal in Game Change was wrong.

He also says that we need to start making Vice Presidential choices for actual considerations like can this person step into the job rather than for political considerations like what group does this person help with?

Why was she more qualified? Because she ran a State with fewer people than a medium sized city? A state that gets MORE Federal Aid than any other? A State that is subsidized by big oil and government to such an extent that State Taxes aren't even necessary?

Yeah... she's been through the political wringer...:cuckoo:

Let's see:

Running a city & state

v

Running NOTHING

Who has more experience here?

Did someone spike the water today or something?

Obama is purely OTJ training. So, if you want to compare Palin to Obama, sorry. If that is your standard, then you need to kick out the current POTUS.

so now we are suppose to care what some LOSER that ran a campaign that helped lose the Presidency says..

Like a Vice President does a hell of a lot...Just look at Joe Biden..:badgrin:
You are clueless. Biden is invaluable to this administration. He has made countless trips to Iraq to confer with commanders, and he also is the President's link to the Senate, where the VP is still immensely popular with Senators from both sides.

unacceptable?

And this is what I don't get about the Dan Quayle pick. He wasn't prepared to be president, and he really didn't bring anything to the table, social conservatives-wise.

Forum List

Back