"The Notion of Sarah Palin Being President

He should of talked about how the people elect a President. They elected a inexperienced Junior Senator that never ran a thing in his life.
Mitt has never run a business.

Santorum (Google him!) has never run a business.

So I guess it's not that important to you guys.

Who cares about Quayle? That was long ago. Get some new material. Sheesh.

They do make choices based on who can step into the job. She was more qualified than Obama was and you are still acting as if she was unqualified despite the fact that you VOTED HIM IN.

She wasn't qualified because she didn't know anything and refused to learn. He's smart. You just disagree with him.

If I just disagreed with her, I'd say, 'she's smart but i disagree with her' like I do about people like Scalia.

Palin knows nothing and instead of studying and preparing herself, she refused to learn anything and embarrassed herself.

I understand the rightwingnut attachment to her. But that isn't what we're talking about.

Palin was more than qualified to be the GOP nominee. Because a Republican president is nothing more than a figurehead who represents the top 1% and religious nuts. She would be no different than Bush. Cut programs that help the poor and give tax breaks to the rich? Spend trillions on defense/war. She's no different than Romney or Santorum or McCain or Bush. They are simply the figurehead for the top 1%. She would turn a blind eye to corporate pollution. She would push for free trade and send all the good jobs overseas. She would break unions. She would take away collective bargaining. She would sell "The commons" to private companies just like any other Republican. She would go to war with Iran. She would kill social security and medicare. She would ban abortion. She would descriminate against gay people. She would not regulate the bankers, oil companies or healthcare companies.

Who's telling GOP politicians, Senators and Governors what to do? Adelson, The Koch Brothers and ALEC. Billionaires.

Let me know if I'm wrong about anything I said about Palin. Am I wrong on any of the positions I said she's just like Bush on? Can anyone show me where/how Romney/Palin are different than Bush?

good points

And this is what I don't get about the Dan Quayle pick. He wasn't prepared to be president, and he really didn't bring anything to the table, social conservatives-wise.

They thought he was good looking and that women would vote for him....

because, of course, women only vote based on whether the person running is good looking.... or another woman.

:cuckoo:

Let's see:

Running a city & state

v

Running NOTHING

Who has more experience here?

Did someone spike the water today or something?

I don't consider a city or a state without any major economic problems all that convincing.

I mean, hell... give me a city where your revenues are just handed to you without any sacrifice from my constituents and I'll run it flawlessly.... it's like playing Sim City and having a cash cheat.

Obama "laid out his platform". What a joke. Spend, spend, spend. Stand around and do nothing in terms of leadership. Put an end to any real hope of obtaining and drilling for more oil. Golf, golf, golf and live the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Barf o Rama.

first off... your AM Radio driven bullshit aside....

Like I said..he laid out his platform. YOU don't agree with it. YOU didn't vote for him... He won anyway. He's doing what he was elected to do....just because YOU don't agree with it, doesn't make it invalid.

But that's the mindset of the right... They feel so fucking ENTITLED that they can't believe that many others could have possibly had a different plan for the country than they did.

It was the will of the people. Will the "will of the people" change? Perhaps... perhaps not.

The point is... Neither YOU or I get to dictate it.

Will of the people??? Anyone with a brain realizes that O'Bamma appealed to the pathetic, guilt ridden white population and that is the only reason he got elected........that and he spent 730,000,000 special interest dollars against McCain's 150,000,000. That and McCain didn't appeal to the majority of Conservatives and didn't run a campaign that convinced anyone he gave a shit about actually being President. Just because the dumb fucks of this country voted for this empty suit doesn't mean that the other half, that didn't vote for him, disappeared.........we are all still here and paying attention to what this as swipe administration is doing. They will be going down.

Obama "laid out his platform". What a joke. Spend, spend, spend. Stand around and do nothing in terms of leadership. Put an end to any real hope of obtaining and drilling for more oil. Golf, golf, golf and live the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Barf o Rama.

Like I said..he laid out his platform. YOU don't agree with it. YOU didn't vote for him... He won anyway. He's doing what he was elected to do....just because YOU don't agree with it, doesn't make it invalid.

But that's the mindset of the right... They feel so fucking ENTITLED that they can't believe that many others could have possibly had a different plan for the country than they did.

It was the will of the people. Will the "will of the people" change? Perhaps... perhaps not.

Will of the people??? Anyone with a brain realizes that O'Bamma appealed to the pathetic, guilt ridden white population and that is the only reason he got elected........that and he spent 730,000,000 special interest dollars against McCain's 150,000,000. That and McCain didn't appeal to the majority of Conservatives and didn't run a campaign that convinced anyone he gave a shit about actually being President. Just because the dumb fucks of this country voted for this empty suit doesn't mean that the other half, that didn't vote for him, disappeared.........we are all still here and paying attention to what this as swipe administration is doing. They will be going down.

Wow...anyone with a brain? Yep.... like I said... the entitled... if you're not with us... you're stupid... Thanks for proving my point.

You are still here and paying attention? To what? Your elitist propaganda machine cutting your legs out from under you and telling you that the "other side" is the traitorous enemy?

Yeah.. keep going with that.

Are you talking about having a separate election for the VP?

I won't be able to see the movie, I don't get HBO, since Showtime is free.

but going on what I know...

We simply don't have enough actual facts to vote for Pres and it takes for fucking ever just to get down to Two candidates.

Could you imagine the insanity of it all?

How would the VP be picked?

Would it come from a list of the Pres noms wish list?
Would people put their names in to run separably, and then we have to have them campaign..

krist; Would they even have to come from the same party?

Imagine; McCain/H. Clinton
Obama/Jeb Bush
Biden/The Real Frankenstein.

Or imagine getting Two hard core left or rights in at the same time.

bleh, getting sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

No one is talking about a separate nomination process for VP. What they ARE talking about is the nominee and his/her campaign people picking a VP based on ability to do the job rather than who can help him/her win the election by appealing to specific constituencies.

You know, I saw that interview this morning... the thing that bothered me MOST wasn't that she was unprepared...but the fact that she refused to become prepared. According to Schmidt, they tried in vain to give her an education on history and politics on the National Scale and she refused to participate. He also stated that he felt that the campaign took a deep emotional toll on her and he felt bad about that. He basically stated that he made a mistake and that there were more important things than winning an election...like the aforementioned "ability to do the job if something happened to the POTUS".

lol, he tried to give her a education in history and politics..what a frikken joke..She comes from a line of educators in the family
yeah he feels bad about the emotional toll it took on her, so here he is..making his monies off her...what a class act.

Then why didn't she know anything about WWI or WWII?

He should of talked about how the people elect a President. They elected a inexperienced Junior Senator that never ran a thing in his life.

It is "should have". Idiot.

It is "an" inexperienced...... Idiot.

It is "who" never...... Idiot.
Stephanie really is one of the stupidest posters on this board. She proves it every day with every misspelled post.

Wow...anyone with a brain? Yep.... like I said... the entitled... if you're not with us... you're stupid... Thanks for proving my point.

You are still here and paying attention? To what? Your elitist propaganda machine cutting your legs out from under you and telling you that the "other side" is the traitorous enemy?

Yeah.. keep going with that.

I plan to. I will think and vote for whoever i want too.

It is "should have". Idiot.

It is "an" inexperienced...... Idiot.

It is "who" never...... Idiot.

Oh boy, the Grammar Nazi is in this week... :cuckoo:
It's not about being a grammar Nazi, it's about a poster (Stephanie) who can't spell, can't think intelligently, and can't debate.

I bet she's good at spitting out babies, though!

More bolded idiocy on display. You should be embarrassed.

Governor Palin would have been leagues better than community organizer obama. She's far smarter than he is, and far more wise.

It is simple. If you don't like her, don't vote for her, problem solved. But, YOU dont' get to decide how i vote.

wow.... where did that come from? fail reading comprehension?

Oh yawn, another page from the Dem playbook. When losing a debate, you start calling the other person stupid or insinuating you are so much smarter or whatever. Grow up. I am not going to play with that nonsense.

You're not playing with a full deck, either, if you think our domestic oil production is less under Obama.

Incorrect.

while factually true.

they elected the cool, young, tall dark and handsome black guy instead of the harpy.

FOX news is the most fair and balanced.....H. Clinton

Yup that they did.

They elected a guy who has never held a real job in his entire life.

A guy who gives pretty speeches and buries us in even more debt.

Hope his daughters are bitching because they will be paying the bills.

of the United States is..... "

unacceptable?

That was Steve Schmidt just now on Morning Joe... and HE isn't saying that the portrayal in Game Change was wrong.

He also says that we need to start making Vice Presidential choices for actual considerations like can this person step into the job rather than for political considerations like what group does this person help with?

FWIW, he thought John Edwards was ill-equipped for the big job, too.

So long as we allow.... the wife be the vice president..... does it really make any difference what or who the vice president is?

But i agree... a vice president SHOULD be as strong a presidential candidate as the president himself.

Well, i don't see Palin running for any office right now so not sure what all the ridiculous Liberal angst is all about.

John Tyler
Millard Fillmore
Andrew Johnson
Chester A. Arthur
Theodore Roosevelt
CalvinCoolidge
Harry S. Truman
Lyndon B. Johnson
Gerald R. Ford

With the exception of Andrew Johnson (who was impeached and later did not win the nomination) all were decent Presidents and the Republic lives on. People have a way of rising up to meet great challenges. I trust the system the way it is.

Forum List

Back