"The Notion of Sarah Palin Being President

If she wants to run for President, than she can and should. By all means. I support whoever wants to run. Come, make your case to the people and then let the chips fall where they fall.

I think i already stated it. You can vote for whoever YOU want to vote for and I will vote for whoever I want to vote for. It really isn't that difficult to figure out is it?

He should of talked about how the people elect a President. They elected a inexperienced Junior Senator that never ran a thing in his life.

And, judging from the wailing and mewling from the wingnut sector, he is doing an excellent job.:badgrin:
Yes, last year when he called up the United States Treasury to hurry up and pay Solyndra its half a billion dollars, he didn't know what the outcry would be when Solyndra not only went belly up, it fired 11,000 Americans living in California one year later.

That has to be a record for going through $525,000,000 then firing 11000 Americans to add a larger number of people to the unemployment lines.

You call that an excellent job?

And you wonder why your mother told everyone you were found under a cabbage leaf? :lmao:

of the United States is..... "

unacceptable?

That was Steve Schmidt just now on Morning Joe... and HE isn't saying that the portrayal in Game Change was wrong.

He also says that we need to start making Vice Presidential choices for actual considerations like can this person step into the job rather than for political considerations like what group does this person help with?

FWIW, he thought John Edwards was ill-equipped for the big job, too.

So long as we allow.... the wife be the vice president..... does it really make any difference what or who the vice president is?

But i agree... a vice president SHOULD be as strong a presidential candidate as the president himself.

who are we talking about in terms of the wife being VP?

of the United States is..... "

unacceptable?

That was Steve Schmidt just now on Morning Joe... and HE isn't saying that the portrayal in Game Change was wrong.

He also says that we need to start making Vice Presidential choices for actual considerations like can this person step into the job rather than for political considerations like what group does this person help with?

FWIW, he thought John Edwards was ill-equipped for the big job, too.

So long as we allow.... the wife be the vice president..... does it really make any difference what or who the vice president is?

But i agree... a vice president SHOULD be as strong a presidential candidate as the president himself.

clinton comes to mind right at the top.

The first "couple" thing is getting a bit old as far as i am concerned.

that was the only "first couple" thing I'm aware of except for ronnie and nancy. And to be fair, unlike the others, hillary was pretty top shelf on her own... and clinton gave Gore an awful lot of power, anyway, as does obama. .... pity Gore blew it b/c he was too "moral" to run on his record with Clinton.

that was the only "first couple" thing I'm aware of except for ronnie and nancy. And to be fair, unlike the others, hillary was pretty top shelf on her own... and clinton gave Gore an awful lot of power, anyway, as does obama. .... pity Gore blew it b/c he was too "moral" to run on his record with Clinton.

Yep.. nancy too! I put michelle into this category as well.

oh dont get me wrong....hillary is very well qualified and i would take her any day over palin....but hillary was not elected VP. Nor do we vote for a first couple... we vote for a president. If a president wants his wife as vice president...then he should run with her.

oh dont get me wrong....hillary is very well qualified and i would take her any day over palin....but hillary was not elected VP. Nor do we vote for a first couple... we vote for a president. If a president wants his wife as vice president...then he should run with her.

i don't see michelle obama doing any more than laura bush did.

and bill told people when they voted for him that his wife was his best advisor and they were getting "two for the price of one".

i think i clinton could have run with hillary, he would have. i'd still have voted for him. :)

i don't see michelle obama doing any more than laura bush did.

and bill told people when they voted for him that his wife was his best advisor and they were getting "two for the price of one".

i think i clinton could have run with hillary, he would have. i'd still have voted for him. :)

LOL.... which is what i said. I am tired of the wife being VP. It makes a running mate a mote point.

Yep. VP's are largely chosen to get votes from the electorate that the Presidential candidate wouldn't otherwise garner as was the case w/ Payland..... errr..... Palin.
But have you noticed that it's kind of a one way street?

Whenever it's a Northeastern/Urban POTUS candidate, the media always stresses the need to put a Southerner/Rural on the ticket. But I never see the same thing in reverse.

There was no pressure on Clinton (AR) to pick a Northerner. He went with Gore (TN).
There was no pressure on Bush (TX). He picked Cheney (WY).
There was no pressure on McCain (AZ). He picked Palin (AK).

Carter is the only one I can think of, and I think that was due to a general sense that he was a total newcomer to Washington and needed an insider, more than needing a Northerner. And Mondale was an insider, in the Senate since 1964.

But there was pressure on Kerry. And Bush The Wiser. And Kennedy. And Obama.

The only Northerner I can think of who wasn't pressured is Humphrey (MN), who picked Muskie (ME).

Last edited:
I've been following politics with a passion for a lot of decades now, and I do not recall EVER that the issue of whether a Vice President pick was qualified to be President ever came up until McCain/Palin. Maybe a little bit when Perot picked Colonel Stockdale, but even that was very low key and nobody suggested that it in any way affected Perot's electability.

And I don't recall a Vice President pick that the opponents of the GOP nominee liked. Especially in modern times. Who had ever heard of Spiro Agnew? When he resigned in disgrace, Gerald Ford was a good pick but had the sad distinction of being both Veep and President without ever being elected to either office. The media was furious with George H.W. Bush when he named Dan Quayle his veep. The Media never saw that coming and made him an object of ridicule from day one. They also hated Dick Cheney from day one, but couldn't make him an object of ridicule so turned that honor onto the President.

So why was Palin such a big deal? Because she was charismatic, funny, beautiful, and therefore a huge threat? So she had to be humilated, marginalized, trashed, demeaned, and disqualified?

Don't give me her not knowing her geography, history, world politics crap unless you acknowledge that the current occupant of the White House was equally ignorant, made just as many gaffes, and was pretty clueless about how it all worked. He was the one who so arrogantly criticized the Bush administration for not pulling Arabic translators out of Iraq, remember? He said they should be taken out of Iraq and sent to Afghanistan. (Where no Arabic is spoken.) More than once he made major mistakes in demanding that the U.N., most especially the U.N. Security Council, do something when that something was not within its prerogative.

And Joe Biden? The lovable clown? Have you seen anywhere near the ridicule, scorn, and demeaning characterizations heaped on him?

Sarah Palin may or may not have accomplished herself in high office. But she sure as hell wouldn't have done any worse than what we've had. And most likely would have done a far sight less damage. But every stumble would have been blasted for days on end and she would have gotten no credit for anything done right.

She wasn't qualified because she didn't know anything and refused to learn. He's smart. You just disagree with him.

If I just disagreed with her, I'd say, 'she's smart but i disagree with her' like I do about people like Scalia.

Palin knows nothing and instead of studying and preparing herself, she refused to learn anything and embarrassed herself.

I understand the rightwingnut attachment to her. But that isn't what we're talking about.

Your post is based on flawed thinking. Governor Palin was actually more qualified than Obama and McCain when it came to running a government. She had a great resume and she garnished a 90% approval rating with the people of Alaska, a state with multi billion dollar business contracts that she delt with. It is a fact that Obama's resume didn't match up to hers. He only spent 147 days as a Jr Senator by default. Palin had common sense and people in the media just couldn't understand her way with words when she would talk issues. The people of Alaska did because she debated 2 veteran governors 3 times and became the 14th person in the nations history to unseat a incumbent governor. It was that fact that she had a phenominal record of executive experience and public service that the media could not stand and they decided to send a team of 30 attorneys and democratic operatives to Alaska to unturn every stone in order to slime her as well as her family. That is the truth. She was a serious threat to their chosen one and still is to this day. That is why team Obama released a campaign attack ad against her, a civilian, yesterday. Schmidt is a turncoat and is shifting the blame off him because he ran a losing campaign based on McCains unwillingness to attack Obama and raise issues about his past as well as McCain making a fateful decision to suspend his campaign at the most critical phase of the race to go to Washington and deal with the bailout crisis to a much protest from Palin who wanted to continue the campaign. McCains decision to do that was the final nail in his coffin.

Im convinced Republicans run guys like Dole or McCain whenever they want to make sure the Democrats win. McCain was a disaster while a Palin/McCain ticket would have won a vast majority of our 57 states
Yeah.....that's why she lasted, so deeply into the
2012 Primaries!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!

531.gif
531.gif
531.gif
531.gif
531.gif
531.gif

Governor Palin would have been leagues better than community organizer obama. She's far smarter than he is, and far more wise.
Yeah.....that's why she lasted, so deeply into the
2012 Primaries!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!

531.gif
531.gif
531.gif
531.gif
531.gif
531.gif

So why was Palin such a big deal? Because she was charismatic, funny, beautiful, and therefore a huge threat? So she had to be humilated, marginalized, trashed, demeaned, and disqualified?
No....that bubbleheaded, ex-pageant-contestant pretty much managed that, on her own....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZKPwiXCHRE]Jack Cafferty From CNN Gives Palin A Pounding - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMypXCUWMw]CNN Laughs It Up Over Sarah Palin Interview - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPFPiP1Nv8c]Fox News Proves Sarah Palin Is Dumber Than Bush - YouTube[/ame]​

"Warm and effusive in public, indifferent or angry in private: this is the pattern of Palin’s behavior toward the people who make her life possible. A onetime gubernatorial aide to Palin says, “The people who have worked for her—they’re broken, used, stepped on, down in the dust.” On the 2008 campaign trail, one close aide recalls, it was practically impossible to persuade Palin to take a moment to thank the kitchen workers at fund-raising dinners. During the campaign, Palin lashed out at the slightest provocation, sometimes screaming at staff members and throwing objects. Witnessing such behavior, one aide asked Todd Palin if it was typical of his wife. He answered, “You just got to let her go through it… Half the stuff that comes out of her mouth she doesn’t even mean.” When a campaign aide gingerly asked Todd whether Sarah should consider taking psychiatric medication to control her moods, Todd responded that she “just needed to run and work out more.” Her anger kept boiling over, however, and eventually the fits of rage came every day. Then, just as suddenly, her temper would be gone. Palin would apologize and promise to be nicer. Within hours, she would be screaming again. At the end of one long day, when Palin was mid-tirade, a campaign aide remembers thinking, “You were an angel all night. Now you’re a devil. Where did this come from?”

Last edited:

Forum List

Back