The NFL makes yet another stunningly stupid decision

Brandon Marshall was fined for wearing pink sneakers.

The Dallas Cowboys have been wearing a patch on their uniforms all through preseason honoring the Dallas police officers killed by that psychotic son of a bitch in July. The NFL has now told the team they will not be 'allowed' to wear the patch during the regular season.

A fish really does rot from the head down.
Open up that Pandora's box and soon all the uniforms will look like Nascar race cars only plastered with causes as opposed to ads.....

yep,they will look as ugly as those god awful uniforms the rams are going to be wearing this season playing in those ugly rags from stank louis. thankfully they get to play in their classic LA colors in two home games this year for throw back games.I might go to the last one of the year since it is their classic long time rival the 49ers.
Personally I could give a rat's ass whether they wear tutus or war bonnets, I was only commenting on what the NFL will allow and why.

The NFL is a private concern that makes its own rules. Teams and players agree to certain terms when they become contact partners and play under the rubric of the NFL.

NFL allowed a wonderful anti cop halftime show in the Super Bowl, so you know where they stand.
That was stupid but the issue isn't half time, it's regular season play and what players can have on their uniforms during regular season.

If there was a 'low-life scumbag son of a bitch' button, your post would have about 100 of them by now.

What the hell are you talking about?

He commented that this is a different issue than what goes into halftime shows, and it is. He is a low life scumbag for pointing out the obvious?

The Dallas Cowboys have been wearing a patch on their uniforms all through preseason honoring the Dallas police officers killed by that psychotic son of a bitch in July. The NFL has now told the team they will not be 'allowed' to wear the patch during the regular season.

Training camp. The preseason just started.

NFL allowed a wonderful anti cop halftime show in the Super Bowl, so you know where they stand.
That was stupid but the issue isn't half time, it's regular season play and what players can have on their uniforms during regular season.

If there was a 'low-life scumbag son of a bitch' button, your post would have about 100 of them by now.

He commented that this is a different issue than what goes into halftime shows, and it is. He is a low life scumbag for pointing out the obvious?
He wants to be outraged and he wants everyone else to be outraged, I'm stepping on his dick, raining on his parade.
Also I wasn't as clear as I could have been with "that was stupid", it could be interpreted that I was claiming what Weatherman said was stupid. What I meant was what the NFL sanctioned at half time (if indeed that's what happened) was stupid.

He wants to be outraged and he wants everyone else to be outraged, I'm stepping on his dick, raining on his parade.
Also I wasn't as clear as I could have been with "that was stupid", it could be interpreted that I was claiming what Weatherman said was stupid. What I meant was what the NFL sanctioned at half time (if indeed that's what happened) was stupid.

I don't blame you for trying to dance away from your low-life comments.

I was wrong to call you Guano, even as stupid as he can be he has nothing on you in this instance. :thup:
Don't blame me that you can't admit that you were wrong. :dunno:

must adhere to the requirements set forth by the NFL.
I was wrong to call you Guano, even as stupid as he can be he has nothing on you in this instance. :thup:
Don't blame me that you can't admit that you were wrong. :dunno:
The NFL is a private concern which that their own requirements those who get involved

I'm still trying to figure out just what you consider to be a "low-life" comment. That the NFL having an anti-cop halftime show was stupid, or that such a halftime show is a different issue than decals on uniforms?

I'm still trying to figure out just what you consider to be a "low-life" comment. That the NFL having an anti-cop halftime show was stupid, or that such a halftime show is a different issue than decals on uniforms?
It's okay, after all it is a presidential election cycle.......... Hacks are generally bad but they loose it completely every four years....... :eusa_whistle:

I'm still trying to figure out just what you consider to be a "low-life" comment. .......

The low-life scumbag's original comment equating a tasteful tribute to fallen heroes with a Pennzoil ad on a race car.

I'm still trying to figure out just what you consider to be a "low-life" comment. .......

The low-life scumbag's original comment equating a tasteful tribute to fallen heroes with a Pennzoil ad on a race car.

Ah. Well, that is almost certainly part of the reasoning behind keeping those kinds of individual or team tributes off of NFL uniforms; allowing one, however well-intentioned, will lead to every team and player wanting their own addition to their uniform. That, in turn, will lead to arguments that individual players or teams should be allowed to advertise, hence leading to NASCAR-like advertisement.

I certainly didn't see it as him calling the two equal. He said it was a Pandora's Box, that the one would lead to the other, not that they were the same.

Why doesn't Jerry Jones donate all profits for the season to the families of the police officers, and why don't the players donate their salaries.

I mean if they really cared. (getting tissue in support of J Jones and team donating their money to the families)

Training camp. The preseason just started.

yeah and a historic moment is about to occur in less than 24 hours as this thread indicates.yahoo!!!!:banana:

Dallas Cowboys at "LOS ANGELES" Rams. same as it was a historic moment in 95 when the Raiders moved back to Oakland.

oh and did you notice i got my new user name? a DOUBLE yahoo!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Forum List

Back