the NFL contacted teams about signing Michael Sam

Memorizing sports stats of players and teams will never make you an Alpha Male RKMBrown.

The NFL is a "TV Show" and nothing more.
Ok, why are you talking about memorizing sports stats of players and teams?

I was born an alpha male, get over it.

TV is how NFL games are broadcast. Games are games, get over it.

The guy was a 7th round pick, he couldn't make the cut, how do you justify him being worth more? Teams saw his potential and passed on him, the Rams cut him, he made a practice squad, on a team with defensive problems.

If he could play, he'd be on the roster.

Sorry. I was not clear enough.

My opinion as a fella who lives in StL and knows some football is Sam was looming pretty good and if the Rams were not so oddly good and deep on the defensive line he would have made the team. I felt they should have kept him as trade bait in fact.

Perhaps 25 other teams in the league do not have as good a 7 linemen as the Rams. I am of the opinion many of them 25 did not pick Sam up because of fear of him being gay. I offered a bit of understanding based on my time in a HS locker room and my distaste for it.

Sorry to disagree.

Sorry. I was not clear enough.

My opinion as a fella who lives in StL and knows some football is Sam was looming pretty good and if the Rams were not so oddly good and deep on the defensive line he would have made the team. I felt they should have kept him as trade bait in fact.

Perhaps 25 other teams in the league do not have as good a 7 linemen as the Rams. I am of the opinion many of them 25 did not pick Sam up because of fear of him being gay. I offered a bit of understanding based on my time in a HS locker room and my distaste for it.

Sorry to disagree.

Disagree all you like, I'm trying to figure out how someone thinks a 7th round pick could four months later be worth a 5th or a 6th round pick. Before he announced being gay, he was a long shot to make a team. Nothing has changed.

Disagree all you like, I'm trying to figure out how someone thinks a 7th round pick could four months later be worth a 5th or a 6th round pick. Before he announced being gay, he was a long shot to make a team. Nothing has changed.

I thought he played that well.

If the logic does not make sense consider a late round draft pick QB in New England who a few years ago could have been traded for a couple 1st rounders. Plus, the drafting of Sam hardly ruined the Rams like some feared.

Perhaps we disgree on how skilled Sam is at rushing the passer. I thought he looked pretty decent really. Better than a 7th rounder. Oh well.

I thought he played that well.

If the logic does not make sense consider a late round draft pick QB in New England who a few years ago could have been traded for a couple 1st rounders. Plus, the drafting of Sam hardly ruined the Rams like some feared.

Perhaps we disgree on how skilled Sam is at rushing the passer. I thought he looked pretty decent really. Better than a 7th rounder. Oh well.

The NE QB had a good season behind him when he was traded. Sam has not played one single professional game, not one. 32 NFL teams passed on him for six rounds, St. Louis waited until the 7th, they didn't think he was better than a 7th rounder. He is a good pass rusher but not NFL quality, right now, he has lots of time to improve. He may turn out good but right now he is only a practice player.

Forum List

Back