The next tax. The Mileage Tax

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Katzndogz, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Fresh from victory with the passage of the obamatax, democrats are ready to fight for the next tax. The mileage tax.

Seems like all those fuel efficient cars are cutting into gas tax revenue so a new tax is needed.

Mileage tax a "practical option," budget analysts tell Congress - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

The Obama administration wants to spend $556 billion over the next six years on transportation projects, but they may have to get creative to pay for them. One "practical option" could be taxing drivers based on their mileage, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) is reporting.

The CBO has released a report on a potential mileage tax at the behest of Democratic Sen. Kent Conrad (N.D.), the chairman of the Senate Budget Committee, the Hill reports. While tracking mileage was once considered infeasible, the CBO concluded that new technologies have changed that.

"Now, electronic metering and billing are making per-mile charges a practical option," the report said.

2. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,126
    This country doesn't have long to last. Europe WILL implode, and so will we. There will come a point when we can't pay the interest on our debt, and all these taxes will kill ALL business and bleed the people dry, and America will implode, and it's not that far off. It's going to get worse before it gets better... MUCH worse, like Civil/Revolutionary War/Anarchy worse.

3. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
  4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    You what new technology that is? All new cars have cell phones with tracking tech built into them. Don't believe me? Research it for yourself.

I'm not talking about a slick cell phone that mounts on your dash that YOU can use, no no no. I'm talking about one that is put in an area you don't see and can't get to.

You guys already know about that electronic "Easy Pass" system for Tolls right? Well just imagine one being built into your car at the factory and as a condition of sale you have to activate it on the showroom floor.

"Easy Pass" will soon be "Easy Fleece".

5. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,723
    I expect any day now to hear that the government has put a tax on sex. With the way the government is screwing us, they could take in some real money with a tax on sex.

6. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    That's new cars. There will have to be some way of dealing with old cars that don't have that technology. Those owners will have to have them installed, probably as a condition of registering the car.

Unless the government mandates that everyone buy a new car.

7. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,570
    the reason being is that truckers underfund the very roads they use to make money. Here where I live the county wanted to put a tax on the people for the waterway that is used for floats and swimming, camping, but the camp sites around here volunteered to pay the tax because they considered that they were the ones using the public access and patrolmen for their profit. In NW Ark they were going to put up a mileage tax, but the trucking firms told the govt. they would pay it since they benifited from the roads.

8. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Legalize prostitution and tax it. All the whores that don't include the tax can be prosecuted for income tax evasion.

9. InDoctriNation

InDoctriNation Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Ok, well let me know when the sky falls, I wouldn't want to miss it.

10. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    wow

That's just fucked up.

so now people that live in the country, cuz it's cheaper, and commute to the cities will now be taxed out of their savings.

or, move too a city to avoid the tax

That's a win win for the tyrants