The next big US Naval war

Name a scenario where either side can conquer the other

Well, in the past Germany was conquered by the Allies, same for Japan and Italy.

I would suppose if India/US/Canada and some of Europe (mainly UN I suppose) combined a force to fight China, China would eventually lose, I mean, size only has so much to do, and now a days when technology is the key, I doubt anyone could match a force the US could pull together with its alliances/connections.

I am not saying we can, or cannot, I am simply saying a war could have a positive affect if it played out a victory that changed the nation.

It would involve tens of millions of deaths. The US doesn't have the stomach for it. China also has nukes

US can't be invaded

We're being invaded now or havn't you noticed the 20 million plus illegals in the country? Look up La Raza and their plans for California and all the other regions they claim we stole from Mexico.

Well, in the past Germany was conquered by the Allies, same for Japan and Italy.

I would suppose if India/US/Canada and some of Europe (mainly UN I suppose) combined a force to fight China, China would eventually lose, I mean, size only has so much to do, and now a days when technology is the key, I doubt anyone could match a force the US could pull together with its alliances/connections.

I am not saying we can, or cannot, I am simply saying a war could have a positive affect if it played out a victory that changed the nation.

It would involve tens of millions of deaths. The US doesn't have the stomach for it. China also has nukes

US can't be invaded

We're being invaded now or havn't you noticed the 20 million plus illegals in the country? Look up La Raza and their plans for California and all the other regions they claim we stole from Mexico.

Yea ...yea

I also notice 310 million other Americans

Name a scenario where either side can conquer the other

US can't be invaded

I wouldn't put it beyond the US to go to war, I just believe we'd have to be put in a dire situation, which is not impossible. Nukes are a good deterrent, but war cannot always be stopped by nukes.

Nothing is impossible.

No, the major military pundits said warfare on the size of the WWII was over because of nuclear weapons. The invasion of Iraq in 2003 included a full force of maybe five enhanced divisions. They possessed the firepower of fifty WWII divisions, though.

US can't be invaded

Yea ...yea

I also notice 310 million other Americans

What was the size of the armies in Europe in WWII? Oh yeah, other than the eastern front the combined German, French, British and American armies were around 20 million.
Minorities are now the majority in California or havn't you kept up with the demographics?

Yes I do and you didn't specify the size of the battle did you? No, you were so confident that the last ship to ship action was WWII that you were shocked that one had occured after that. Don't worry, you have to actually study military history to know about the little stuff that is the springboard for the big stuff.

You have read history, westwall, but not really studied it. Your examples don't support your thesis.

If you would argue that incidents will occur from time to time, then your thesis would fit the facts.

I understand history quite well. Clearly your statements indicate you don't. My thesis is that some time in the future there will be a major fleet action. It may involve the US and it may not. I hope it doesn't. History tells us however, that if the US is still a major power when it does come then odds are we will eventually be involved in it. The one thing that we can do is maintain a large effective navy like the British did during the 18th and 19th centuries. That way at least we don't have to deal with the vast majority of small navies as they will know enough to leave us alone (provided we actually use our power when neccessary to show we are still willing and able to use it when needed).

It's the head in the sand attitude that leads to force reductions which then leads to pissant nations biting the ankles because they can now get away with it.

Kind of like how North Korea got away with sinking that South Korean ship, not to mention shelling that Island. Absolutely nothing done, and the rice continues to flow into North Korea at the expense of the American tax payer. ~BH

US can't be invaded

One has to wonder that if war or the shit ever does hit the fan, Millions of Mexican and Chinese nationals with hidden weapons here could help with the armed citizen problem. ~BH

No, the major military pundits said warfare on the size of the WWII was over because of nuclear weapons. The invasion of Iraq in 2003 included a full force of maybe five enhanced divisions. They possessed the firepower of fifty WWII divisions, though.

Not true at all, in fact Bertrand Russel was one of the few who figured out the way the world was going and he wrote an essay advocating a one world government to ensure that wars and especially nuclear wars wouldn't happen. It is available somewhere online I am sure. I have it in hard copy somewhere in my storage room.

Not true at all, in fact Bertrand Russel was one of the few who figured out the way the world was going and he wrote an essay advocating a one world government to ensure that wars and especially nuclear wars wouldn't happen. It is available somewhere online I am sure. I have it in hard copy somewhere in my storage room.

Hey west? I bet that storage room has got some good stuff in it eh? :cool: ~BH

Yes, you would be correct! I am building a proper library right now and most of my books are in storage till then.

Yes, you would be correct! I am building a proper library right now and most of my books are in storage till then.

That's great bro. Build it up. Always good to keep a historical Library no matter who it is. Thank you for your input tonight. I enjoyed talking with you guys. ~BH

westwall has made some interesting comments. His analysis does not support his conclusions that reality confutes. However, what does come from his writing is the conclusions we maintain armed forces that are sufficient for our defense.

This, for the most part, has been a calm, respectful conversation.

US can't be invaded

One has to wonder that if war or the shit ever does hit the fan, Millions of Mexican and Chinese nationals with hidden weapons here could help with the armed citizen problem. ~BH

:lol:

Forum List

Back