The newest "silent epidemic"

Okay, I've figured it all out: See, first we set up a communal compost heap, then we set up a large, sturdy framework above the compost heap, then we gather all the kids from the families who can't afford disposable diapers and put each one in a harness and then hang them, sans bottomwear, over the compost heap. Now the little angels can let loose in absolute freedom (just hose 'em down from time to time) at the same time they're creating fertilizer for the new community farm plot.

See, it takes a village to get things done. Dagnabbit.

:thup:

Dingbat Sunshine and other knee jerkers -

I agree disposable diapers aren't environmentally friendly. I've written about "disposable" being another word for "permanent". They're also not baby friendly in that some actually produce one of the ingredients of Agent orange when they come into contact with urine.

Look all you want. You will never find a post from me that is in favor of disposable diapers. Nor will you find me saying that using cloth diapers is hate. What a stupid thing to say.

I've given cloth diapers to church diaper drives and would again if I see one. My bet is that all you holier-than-thou lying hypocrites have never even used a cloth diaper.

For those who care - hiring a diaper service is actually cheaper than buying disposables.

Oh and lastly, I'm terribly hurt and junk that you "negged" me.

Dumb ass twit.

You are the dumb ass twit. You jump on something as if it was the supreme travesty of the universe, then claim you don't like the problems it causes. I though Jeremiah saved you. In light of that, you should be behaving better.

Dingbat Sunshine and other knee jerkers -

I agree disposable diapers aren't environmentally friendly. I've written about "disposable" being another word for "permanent". They're also not baby friendly in that some actually produce one of the ingredients of Agent orange when they come into contact with urine.

Look all you want. You will never find a post from me that is in favor of disposable diapers. Nor will you find me saying that using cloth diapers is hate. What a stupid thing to say.

I've given cloth diapers to church diaper drives and would again if I see one. My bet is that all you holier-than-thou lying hypocrites have never even used a cloth diaper.

For those who care - hiring a diaper service is actually cheaper than buying disposables.

Oh and lastly, I'm terribly hurt and junk that you "negged" me.

Dumb ass twit.

You are the dumb ass twit. You jump on something as if it was the supreme travesty of the universe, then claim you don't like the problems it causes. I though Jeremiah saved you. In light of that, you should be behaving better.

I suppose we should be dunned to hire diaper services for those incapable of paying for such services themselves? NOT! Cloth diapers are just fine, but we are talking about people who would not work if their lives depended on it, i.e. buying their own food and providing their own shelter.

Aside from that..people are re-learning what it means to be truly poor again. People are actually going hungry (despite foodstamps for all) and living without heat and air conditioning (horrors!) for the first time in their lives.

I used cloth only for my first two children, and for at least part of that time, we didn't have a clothes washer, so I washed them by hand. Yup. And even after we got a washing machine, we didn't have a dryer.

It can be done. Be strong little welfare mamas, you can do this!

You washed diapers by hand! So did I!!!

I scrubbed and wrung, then I found a washboard someone was throwing away. It made a big difference. The "dryer" was a line outside.

I have absolutely no sympathy, not an iota, not a scintilla of sympathy for people who can't afford disposable diapers.

The "poor" complaining that they have no disposable diapers is like the "rich" complaining that they have to drink Gallo Chardonnay because they are too poor to afford Château de St.-Cosme and expect some sympathy for their plight.

the saddest part is these "poor" parents prefer to abuse their children and let them marinate in dirty disposable diapers...simply becasue they do not want to have to deal with dirty cloth diapers that THEY have to wash and keep clean.

this should not be about not being able to afford luxury disposable diapers....this should be about child abuse.

the saddest part is these "poor" parents prefer to abuse their children and let them marinate in dirty disposable diapers...simply becasue they do not want to have to deal with dirty cloth diapers that THEY have to wash and keep clean.

this should not be about not being able to afford luxury disposable diapers....this should be about child abuse.

I'm guessing that part of the "silent epidemic" refers to the child neglect/abuse that occurs when those disposables are not changed often enough.

Aside from that..people are re-learning what it means to be truly poor again. People are actually going hungry (despite foodstamps for all) and living without heat and air conditioning (horrors!) for the first time in their lives.

I used cloth only for my first two children, and for at least part of that time, we didn't have a clothes washer, so I washed them by hand. Yup. And even after we got a washing machine, we didn't have a dryer.

It can be done. Be strong little welfare mamas, you can do this!

You washed diapers by hand! So did I!!!

I scrubbed and wrung, then I found a washboard someone was throwing away. It made a big difference. The "dryer" was a line outside.

I have absolutely no sympathy, not an iota, not a scintilla of sympathy for people who can't afford disposable diapers.

Nor do I. I had a dryer, but in summer preferred to hang them out to save on the electric bill. In those days I hung pretty much everything out on the line for that simple reason. I have a clothesline here. I use it for sheets, dish towels, and some clothing items. I just love going to hang the clothes out. My line is on the edge of the woods, so I can smell the woods, and hear the birds.

Forum List

Back