The New Yorker?

Hey Boops - there's a free smartphone app available for The New Yorker. Reviews are mixed, but it's free. I use the NY Times app and it feeds different stories each day. Some quite lengthy. I like it.

$34.99 for six months. Anybody subscribed? I am just wondering if it's worth it.

Fun trick with the New Yorker, in the cartoons change out the caption for "I want to kill myself" and see if it makes even a bit of sense.

• Banned
Hey Boops - there's a free smartphone app available for The New Yorker. Reviews are mixed, but it's free. I use the NY Times app and it feeds different stories each day. Some quite lengthy. I like it.

The app is free, but you need a subscription, don't you?

The app is free, but you need a subscription, don't you?

Not sure with the New Yorker. The NY Times is free free. At first they limited me to three article views per day. Now it seems they've waived that. There are usually 6-8 stories from which to choose.

I know they are two totally different publications.

I love the New Yorker and fell in love with it when I live in NYC.

I miss the really great advertising. Steuben Glass, Tiffany's and others. I wonder if walking through either/both is still as entertaining as it was when I lived there.

I would not subscribe unless I lived there because much of the content is local.

I love the New Yorker and fell in love with it when I live in NYC.

I miss the really great advertising. Steuben Glass, Tiffany's and others. I wonder if walking through either/both is still as entertaining as it was when I lived there.

I would not subscribe unless I lived there because much of the content is local.

You are probably one of those people that laugh about the bon mot's in the cartoons without really getting them.

Buy Mental_Floss.

It's more fun and you'll learn stuff...

When I was laid off back in '09 and we were looking for places to save money, Mental_Floss was the only subscription I refused to give up. Newsweak? Gone. Consumer Reports? Gone. Smithsonian? Gone. All the others? Gone gone gone...

Buy Mental_Floss.

It's more fun and you'll learn stuff...

When I was laid off back in '09 and we were looking for places to save money, Mental_Floss was the only subscription I refused to give up. Newsweak? Gone. Consumer Reports? Gone. Smithsonian? Gone. All the others? Gone gone gone...

I LOVE mental Floss.

Forum List

Back