The New Mode of Living

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
As things get tighter and more expensive, the trend is to make homes smaller. Will this too come to America? A photo essay from The Telegraph Online @ Overhead photos of cramped apartments in Hong Kong - Telegraph
hong-kong-apartmen_2489574k.jpg

"Will this come to America?"

Not likely, but maybe.However you and I and our kids and grandchildren will be long dead and buried before it ever becomes a real question.

I think it's here already! Don't know where but I posted a thread about mini homes being built and lived in here in major urban centers.

"Will this come to America?"

Not likely, but maybe.However you and I and our kids and grandchildren will be long dead and buried before it ever becomes a real question.

I think it's here already! Don't know where but I posted a thread about mini homes being built and lived in here in major urban centers.

It is here, I saw a segment about it on tv, I think it was in chicago but could have been new york city.

It's not here:rolleyes:

We build homes more compact because that's what people want, and of course there are some places where land is in prime demand. However not only do we have no where near the population per square foot they have, we aren't even trending in that direction.

I guess it was new york

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg in July announced a pilot program to develop a new housing model for the city's growing small-household population. The program, adAPT NYC, seeks to accommodate the need for smaller apartments for roughly 1.8 million households in New York that consist of one or two people.

The New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development kicked off the program in July with a request for proposals from designers and development teams for self-contained "micro-units" between 275 and 300 square feet, including kitchen and bathroom.

Tiny homes hit the big city - CNN.com

Forum List

Back