The New Government: 'Citizen Bank'

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
When Hollywood (USA) released the networking-meditation films "Celebrity" [1998] and "Fight Club" [1999], people were taking notice of new age trends regarding social contemplation of teamwork and resource-sharing. This trend arguably began in civilization with the Open-Door Immigration and Trade Policies of U.S. President Teddy Roosevelt but continued through the 'active-government' policies of FDR (e.g., New Deal) and the pro-populism political 'style' of Bill Clinton.

Perhaps it was consumerism (which really took off during the Reaganomics of the 1980s) that cemented home the idea that lifestyle and social philosophy (and politics) are wed (e.g., European Union, NATO, eBay, Wall Street, Facebook, etc.).

Today, it seems our profit-gauged geo-political environment of market-based networking (e.g., European Union) makes Bill Gates as important as Bill Clinton.

People from around the world can now log onto the Internet and post and share (and exchange!) personal photos (for free) on a public bulletin board (i.e., Facebook). The Internet-blogger is the new 'society critic,' and the Internet hacker is the new 'terrorist.'

Imagine therefore a new 'Federation Government' comprised of socially-engaged citizens (e.g., Cornel West), capitalism-minded leaders (e.g., Donald Trump), and media idols (e.g., Tom Cruise).

This network-convenience based government is truly 'by the people,' so we'd have to consider social cohesion issues --- e.g., better Internet regulations (e.g., Napster), recognition of religious podiums (and free speech on the Internet), and enhanced community security agency (e.g., curfews and neighborhood-watch programs). This would ensure that 'mob psychology' would not dictate social dialogue.

The American paramilitary fantasy-adventure comic book stylized franchise G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (Hasbro), which includes toys/dolls, cartoons, and full-length Hollywood (USA) films (e.g., G.I. Joe: Retaliation), presents stories of patriotic crusaders called 'G.I. Joes' contending with a terrible terrorist organization called Cobra for dominion in the USA and elsewhere. G.I. Joes represent the passion of American citizenry, while Cobra represents the lingering threat of anti-American activity.

Imagine that the G.I. Joe leader Duke is debating with the Cobra emperor Serpentor about the new age socio-political 'impact' of Facebook. Such a dialogue may be seen in a G.I. Joe Hollywood film, no doubt.

Maybe 'the new media culture' has redefined Orwell's dystopian Animal Farm 'teamwork-theater vision.'

====

DUKE: You used to be an Armenian chef.
SERPENTOR: I turned to terrorism.
DUKE: Does Cobra intend to manipulate the Internet?
SERPENTOR: Americans are too dependent on Facebook.
DUKE: Facebook is simply a tool for convenient social networking.
SERPENTOR: Anyone can join Facebook --- it's hysteria!
DUKE: Americans respect Computer Age pioneers (e.g., Bill Gates/Steve Jobs).
SERPENTOR: Americans pardon social scandals (e.g., Bill Clinton/OJ Simpson).
DUKE: America is not a place for vigilantes and terrorists!
SERPENTOR: Americans need another jolt of revolution.
DUKE: G.I. Joe will prevent Cobra from recruiting 'impressionable mercenaries.'
SERPENTOR: We'll find ISIS agents on Facebook soon...

====

G.I. Joe (Wikipedia)

cuba.jpg

Forum List

Back