The New Battle Cry

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
Let it be known I support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment for the Right to keep and bear arms and disagree with the useless legislation of gun control.

That being said, I can't help but feel for this womans grief & rage at the senseless murder of her son who had survived the Las Vegas shooting, only to become a victim in Thousand Oaks massacre.

For those who say 'they aren't coming to take away your guns'...….this will be the new Democrat battle cry to do just that.

Telemachus ‘Tel’ Orfanos, 27, survived mass shooting in Las Vegas but not one in his hometown Thousand Oaks – Daily News

The battle for guns and gun rights has no real answer for either side. Gun control measures only restrict responsible gun owners, since criminals don't abide by those or any laws to commit their illegal acts and even better mental health checks aren't any better as this shooter had been recently cleared and there are so many others that are never diagnosed.

There is something far more wrong in this world that neither gun control or mental health control can ever fix. Atleast in part I believe it has to do more with the deep seated hate and anger within society that has no other constructive outlet than to turn to violence.

Is there a better way to stop this from happening? Instead of spouting or parroting the normal arguments, can anyone come up with some real solutions???

There are no real solutions except fear. Sound's a bit counter-intuitive, but only fear of the consequences could possibly hope to stop this kind of shit - and there is honestly only one fear great enough to do it, the fear of Hell. We're long past that possibility though so that's just a fantasy to think on.

The next best thing we could do is to teach respect for life. But again, we're long past that possibility.

The next best thing we could do is teach responsibility and honor. Yet again, we're long past that possibility.

Next on the list would be to allow everyone to have a gun and the means by which to shoot such people dead without having to wait for someone to save them. But yea, we're pretty much past that possibility as well.

So basically, your option is to hope you're never caught in the sights of one of these lunatics, because that is all the left side of the aisle will allow you peons. Thankfully I'm not a peon - I have a bullet proof jacket and an armed body guard.

There are no real solutions except fear. Sound's a bit counter-intuitive, but only fear of the consequences could possibly hope to stop this kind of shit - and there is honestly only one fear great enough to do it, the fear of Hell. We're long past that possibility though so that's just a fantasy to think on.

The next best thing we could do is to teach respect for life. But again, we're long past that possibility.

The next best thing we could do is teach responsibility and honor. Yet again, we're long past that possibility.

Next on the list would be to allow everyone to have a gun and the means by which to shoot such people dead without having to wait for someone to save them. But yea, we're pretty much past that possibility as well.

So basically, your option is to hope you're never caught in the sights of one of these lunatics, because that is all the left side of the aisle will allow you peons. Thankfully I'm not a peon - I have a bullet proof jacket and an armed body guard.

Actually you may have hit on something...…..fear of the consequences. Our laws and punishments for criminals aren't strong enough to deter such crimes as they have in the past. The legal system has truly become something of a joke since the worst punishment is life in prison.. While not a glamorous life, they are treated better than they deserve.

The solution would be to decrease due process protections for mentally ill people so that it is easier to involuntarily commit them to mental institutions.

Let it be known I support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment for the Right to keep and bear arms and disagree with the useless legislation of gun control.

That being said, I can't help but feel for this womans grief & rage at the senseless murder of her son who had survived the Las Vegas shooting, only to become a victim in Thousand Oaks massacre.

For those who say 'they aren't coming to take away your guns'...….this will be the new Democrat battle cry to do just that.

Telemachus ‘Tel’ Orfanos, 27, survived mass shooting in Las Vegas but not one in his hometown Thousand Oaks – Daily News

The battle for guns and gun rights has no real answer for either side. Gun control measures only restrict responsible gun owners, since criminals don't abide by those or any laws to commit their illegal acts and even better mental health checks aren't any better as this shooter had been recently cleared and there are so many others that are never diagnosed.

There is something far more wrong in this world that neither gun control or mental health control can ever fix. Atleast in part I believe it has to do more with the deep seated hate and anger within society that has no other constructive outlet than to turn to violence.

Is there a better way to stop this from happening? Instead of spouting or parroting the normal arguments, can anyone come up with some real solutions???
Was he shot and survived the Las Vegas shooting or was he just 1 of 50,000 in the area?

Actually you may have hit on something...…..fear of the consequences. Our laws and punishments for criminals aren't strong enough to deter such crimes as they have in the past. The legal system has truly become something of a joke since the worst punishment is life in prison.. While not a glamorous life, they are treated better than they deserve.

We don't have any fear of consequences anymore, have you not seen the revolving door that is the left leaning justice system? That's the problem in a nut shell, the left live without consequence for /any/ of their actions from cradle to grave - it's always 'someone' or 'something' else's fault.

The solution would be to decrease due process protections for mentally ill people so that it is easier to involuntarily commit them to mental institutions.

That may be part of it, but not all criminals are mentally ill......they just think laws don't apply to them

We don't have any fear of consequences anymore, have you not seen the revolving door that is the left leaning justice system? That's the problem in a nut shell, the left live without consequence for /any/ of their actions from cradle to grave - it's always 'someone' or 'something' else's fault.

yep exactly

take away the ability to continually appeal convictions. One appeal with a different judge/jury, bring back the death penalty and a shorter trip from conviction to the chair...….or just 'get a rope'. :thup:

Was he shot and survived the Las Vegas shooting or was he just 1 of 50,000 in the area?

You have a search function for a reason, try it.

Honestly I don't see that it really matters. The fact is that another mass shooting happened and more people died because of it. I'm asking for ideas for a solution that would be acceptable to both sides of the gun control issue

Forum List

Back