The New Apple i Phone

Discussion in 'Computers' started by shepherdboy, Jan 10, 2007.

1. shepherdboy

shepherdboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I just watch the full (1 hour plus) presentation of the soon to be release (June 2007) Apple i Phone. What a technological marvel. It does it all. Music,Pictures,Internet, and of course mobil phone. The spec's on this thing looks like borrowed alien technology. There is nothing on the market currently or fourth coming that can even come close to this new device. I hear the patented technology is well protected from copy cats and people who would seize the new multi touch format and re engineer it. I know PC's rule the planet in numbers, but for highly skilled computing, the newer iMac are light years ahead in everything from multi media to just being better at user friendly. If you currently own or have seen an Apple iPod this is the next step in evolution for the Internet, multi media, mobil phone and so on. I give it a perfect 10! Just my 2 cents:cool:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Funny, I was just talking today to a friend, he's so excited about this. When I said, 'too exspensive', he replied, '$$$ for blackberry; $$$ for ipod, I think 80 something or other; $$$ for razer phone; and Safari! It's a bargain!'

Well since I have none of those, I just saved another $600, but for those that do employ all that, now it's 'all in one.'

3. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    Apple has never been in the business of doing cheap, they leave that to everyone else. Apple is about innovation, ease of use, beautiful intelligent intuitive design that in the long run is less expensive. Their fans are legendary but not that easy to please(check the MAC Rumors site to see how very critical they are of every new release).

The innovations in this latest creation do not come easily or cheap, this thing took years and hundreds of exceptional minds to design and produce. The miniturization, the touch screen controls, the vivid colors and sharpness of the big screen, the ambient light sensors that set the power used to preserve battery life, the 2 gig camera, extraordinary phone features, the scrolling feature for the ipod and the internet searching, the google maps, widgets, ridiculously thin, full internet abilities, able to pick specific voice mails, syncs with computer to download your address book........the list is unbelievable even for Apple.

With all that said, you can drop thousands on a ring that does nothing, 15 grand for a Rolex watch that doesn't tell time any better than a Timex, or 600 dollars for a Mont Blanc pen that doesn't write any better than a Bic throw away.

I doubt that I will get one, don't really have the want or need for that kind of device (not big on small, I would rather a 20" portable) but I do see technology that I am sure will be used in a full size computer that will be controlled with your fingers directly on the screen and I love that.

4. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,804
    Too bad Apple is about to get sued big time. Cisco already trademarked the name i-phone several years ago. :eusa_doh:

5. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I think about getting a cell phone sometimes but I really can't justify having one. I see other people who are wrapped around them and it controls their life and every move. I think back a mere 15 years ago and how we survived withot cell phones and yet today if you don't have one you are completely outta touch....I don't think and so my life is so much easier and less stressful. I see it as this you can't reach me via land line or email then it ain't important.

6. shepherdboy

shepherdboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    The jury is still out if Cisco even has a case. It would be very uncharacteristic for Apple not check to see if that name was already licensed and in use.

7. shepherdboy

shepherdboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Yea I can agree with part of your statement, but the work place has really accelerated its communication needs and the flow of information in the business world demands a cell phone for continuing and changing information to meet the customers needs. What ever happen to my two cans and the wire between them that was my tree house phone.:razz:

8. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    Apple should get rid of that silly name anyway. It certainly is not merely a phone and the name doesn't do it justice.

9. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    apple stole the apple records logo and name wtf do they care about cisco....

i will never own anything they make

10. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,804
    They do have a case. Apple was in negotiations with Cisco about use of the name. Cisco assumed that when Apple was revealing their new phone they would live up to their end of the bargain....they didn't. Lawsuit filed the next day.