The Nazis and Japs made it easy to rally the nation

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
My question has been - who were the worst??? ; the Nazis with theirdeath camps, or theJaps with their less-publicized atrocities ie theRape ofNanking and the Contest to Behead 100 Peoole ??

They made it easy to rally the Nation? That's not true. FDR was desperate for the US to get into the "real war" in Europe so he made it easy for the Japanese to commit an atrocity that would galvanize America into action. The dirty little secret is that everyone including the great orator criminally misjudged the Japanese. Most government documents from the 30's indicate that the Japanese were little nearsighted monkeys who were incapable of building a plane that would fly or a ship that would float. It was racism magnified by 10 square and the fDR administration had no functioning intelligence network. Strangely enough the US relied on bigotry and crazy assumptions prior to WW2. After the US entered the war the Brits were shocked about how little we actually knew about the enemy.

hatred for the Asians was around a long ime before FDR. The Asians have no respect for Americans either.

hatred for the Asians was around a long ime before FDR. The Asians have no respect for Americans either.

Does your grammar just suck, or are you really making a statement in the present tense?

The US under two FDR administrations had no intelligence network. Wild Bill Donovan tried to create an espionage network shortly after the War started but the administration was so conflicted that it took a federal judge to appoint Hoover's FBI as the lead espionage agency but the FBI had no experience in espionage and they were engaged in arresting suspected spies instead of turning them around. The Navy might have broken the Japanese code but the FDR administration was only interested in steering the Japanese fleet to Pearl so that we could get into the "real war". When FDR's appointed former WW! soldier lost his entire army about three months into the Pacific war and escaped leaving his Army to surrender the FDR administration awarded him the Medal of Honor. Slick politics trumps real life when the media is on your side.

They made it easy to rally the Nation? That's not true. FDR was desperate for the US to get into the "real war" in Europe so he made it easy for the Japanese to commit an atrocity that would galvanize America into action. The dirty little secret is that everyone including the great orator criminally misjudged the Japanese. Most government documents from the 30's indicate that the Japanese were little nearsighted monkeys who were incapable of building a plane that would fly or a ship that would float. It was racism magnified by 10 square and the fDR administration had no functioning intelligence network. Strangely enough the US relied on bigotry and crazy assumptions prior to WW2. After the US entered the war the Brits were shocked about how little we actually knew about the enemy.

Haha, laughable analysis. I'm sure it was solely racism that caused our entrance into the war, discount the messy details of oh, I don't know ..Pearl Harbor or the US merchant ships under attack constant attack or...our closest allies being slaughtered by the Nazis or the rape of Nanking in 37 by the Jap animals.

GOOD! Well deserved......given the attrocities that the Jap animals committed in the Pacific, starting with the rape of Nanking. Read any of the books that chronicle the Bataan Death March and you'll understand my position. They killed as many as 80,000 Phillippine civilians in a 48 hour period at one time and raped Phillippine children repeatedly. One story by Lester Tenney, a Bataan survivor chronicled how a Japanese Soldier cut the head off of an American and then drop kicked the head into a formation of laughing and cheering Japs.

Haha, laughable analysis. I'm sure it was solely racism that caused our entrance into the war, discount the messy details of oh, I don't know ..Pearl Harbor or the US merchant ships under attack constant attack or...our closest allies being slaughtered by the Nazis or the rape of Nanking in 37 by the Jap animals.

Do you deny that FDR did all he could to CAUSE a military confrontation with Japan and Germany prior to Pearl Harbor, with the goal of embroiling the US in WWII, while lying to the American people about staying out of the war?

Do you deny that the US government in coordination with Hollywood and the press, did all they could to depict the Japanese as ruthless subhumans?

Do you deny that FDR rounded up American Japanese and imprisoned them during WWII, while not doing so to German or Italian Americans?

Inappropriate laughter aside, racism didn't cause our entrance into WW2, racism caused the negligence that that led to the loss of an entire Army at Corrigador and Battan barely four months after FDR finally got us into the "real war" in Europe. Racism was the root cause of the US being unprepared for the Dec. 7 attack on Pearl Harbor.

Ok, I got it, FDR had some shady politics surrounding the US entr into WWII, the supposed "memo" received weeks prior to Pearl Harbor, ok, I got it. These are discussion topics that are still being validated. And, yeah, any 6th grade history student knows about the racism in US politics during the first half of the 20th century. Great job on this careful analysis...lol.

What has been validated are the first hand accounts and books that have been written by uhmmm survivors from Bataaan and the Corregidor. Go ahead and google Lester Tenny's "My Hitch in Hell" and learn from a survivor of the attrocities committed by the JAP bastards during WWII, gee..maybe word of these attrocities got back to the mainland and helped fuel the racism that supposedly steeered ALL American activities of that era. I know how those messy facts and first hand accounts do get in the way of a good argument though.

FDR probably had plenty of incidents that he could have used to go to war with Japan. In 1937 there was the sinking of the American gunboat Panay with the loss of American lives. What FDR did that caused Japan to attack Pearl Harbor was to stop selling the Japanese raw materials which Japan needed for its war on China. Without oil the Japanese navy was dead in the water, in any case FDR stopped the shipping of oil and other American raw materials to Japan. Japan took a chance with war to force America to make some kind of peace, and in the negotiated peace, Japan would take over parts of the Pacific that had her needed raw materials.
The question: should America have continued selling oil and other materials to Japan so she might continue her military operations in China?

Ok, I got it, FDR had some shady politics surrounding the US entr into WWII, the supposed "memo" received weeks prior to Pearl Harbor, ok, I got it. These are discussion topics that are still being validated. And, yeah, any 6th grade history student knows about the racism in US politics during the first half of the 20th century. Great job on this careful analysis...lol.

What has been validated are the first hand accounts and books that have been written by uhmmm survivors from Bataaan and the Corregidor. Go ahead and google Lester Tenny's "My Hitch in Hell" and learn from a survivor of the attrocities committed by the JAP bastards during WWII, gee..maybe word of these attrocities got back to the mainland and helped fuel the racism that supposedly steeered ALL American activities of that era. I know how those messy facts and first hand accounts do get in the way of a good argument though.

You do know the war is over, right?

FDR probably had plenty of incidents that he could have used to go to war with Japan. In 1937 there was the sinking of the American gunboat Panay with the loss of American lives. What FDR did that caused Japan to attack Pearl Harbor was to stop selling the Japanese raw materials which Japan needed for its war on China. Without oil the Japanese navy was dead in the water, in any case FDR stopped the shipping of oil and other American raw materials to Japan. Japan took a chance with war to force America to make some kind of peace, and in the negotiated peace, Japan would take over parts of the Pacific that had her needed raw materials.
The question: should America have continued selling oil and other materials to Japan so she might continue her military operations in China?

Good question. However we know that FDR wanted war desperately with Germany and since Japan was Germany's ally, creating problems for Japan certainly helped him reach his goal. Relations between Japan and US were not good for some time prior to Dec 7, 1941. If FDR really had tried to avoid war, as he told the American people he was doing (big LIE among many), relations with Japan should not have been so frayed. FDR had to know he was pushing Japan into an intolerable position. He considered himself extremely intelligent (like most who reach the WH), so why did he not pursue relations based on preventing war, while seeking some way to end to Japans's aggression?

Secondly, FDR's short sighted and tyrannical unconditional surrender demand lead to thousands of dead and wounded Americans and Japanese. The war with Japan might have ended in 1943 had the fool not made such a ridiculous demand. But, being a disgusting pro-war progressive, he loved war.

Yet another good reason for why we need to limit the power of government and our political leaders. History shows that politicians invariably make bad decisions that lead to much death and suffering.

If only our political leaders would learn from our founders....
James Wilson: (framer and ratifier): "This system will not hurry us into war; it is calculated to guard against it. It will not be in the power of a single man, or a single body of men, to involve us in such distress; for the important power of declaring war is vested in the legislature at large. . . ."

Last edited:
Throughout the war and from before, Americans hated the Japanese worst, because of racial intolerance and then the Pearl Harbor sneak attack inflamed everyone.

The Nazis, as bad as were the Japanese, were far worse because they industrialized mass murder along with mass slave labor and concentration camps. They had the same mind set of some of our far right and far left extremist cultural and religious groups.

My question has been - who were the worst??? ; the Nazis with theirdeath camps, or theJaps with their less-publicized atrocities ie theRape ofNanking and the Contest to Behead 100 Peoole ??

Throughout the war and from before, Americans hated the Japanese worst, because of racial intolerance and then the Pearl Harbor sneak attack inflamed everyone.

The Nazis, as bad as were the Japanese, were far worse because they industrialized mass murder along with mass slave labor and concentration camps. They had the same mind set of some of our far right and far left extremist cultural and religious groups.

Agreed. The Nazis were worse due to the industrialization of mass murder, they had the entire society involved in this, the transportation network organized to transport the jews to concentration camps, the textile mill and factory owners lined their pockets with free labor from the jews and the german populace looking the other way while attrocities occurred literally in their backyard. The Japs just committed their attrocities on the road, the general poulace was largely innocent.

Forum List

Back