The Myth of Wind and Solar Energy: They Are Not Free

Solar and wind wont ever be an energy source for the mass's not any time in the near future.

They are already an energy source, and in some states are already popping up at more than half the electrical generation. Where have you been? What, you think people are IMAGINING these gigawatts?

Wind booms in North America and tops 100 GW in Europe in 2012 - Electric Light & Power

yada said:
It just cant produce energy on a massive scale...could you even imagine how many windmills you would need just to power NYC forget about the rest of the country.

Yes. In Kansas, they are building them beyond what the eye can see. Drive I70 west of Salina sometime, see for yourself. You need to get out more.

yada said:
Maybe we should be researching how to mass produce a synthetic oil thats cheap and plentiful, that can run in engines and heat homes.

Done. Its called gas-to-liquids, and is being considered for stranded natural gas fields around the globe. The stuff is worth more as a liquid than a gas, so there is money to be made. nd it is already being done.

Shell Sells First Gasoil From Pearl Gas-to-Liquids Plant - Businessweek

Solar and wind wont ever be an energy source for the mass's not any time in the near future.

They are already an energy source, and in some states are already popping up at more than half the electrical generation. Where have you been? What, you think people are IMAGINING these gigawatts?

Wind booms in North America and tops 100 GW in Europe in 2012 - Electric Light & Power

yada said:
It just cant produce energy on a massive scale...could you even imagine how many windmills you would need just to power NYC forget about the rest of the country.

Yes. In Kansas, they are building them beyond what the eye can see. Drive I70 west of Salina sometime, see for yourself. You need to get out more.

yada said:
Maybe we should be researching how to mass produce a synthetic oil thats cheap and plentiful, that can run in engines and heat homes.

Done. Its called gas-to-liquids, and is being considered for stranded natural gas fields around the globe. The stuff is worth more as a liquid than a gas, so there is money to be made. nd it is already being done.

Shell Sells First Gasoil From Pearl Gas-to-Liquids Plant - Businessweek

How many states are generating HALF of their energy from wind could you show me that ? and you telling me that wind and solar is generating that much energy doesnt mean much even if it is true in one small area. Half of 2 is one house. You cant generate enough to do metropolitan areas. Eventually, maybe, but not in our lifetimes.
Oil is here to stay until you and I are in our crates, I see no good reason not to use oil derived from america and not the middle east. All the money stays in the USA more taxs for the govt more jobs for americans...
Look I am not a right wing nutjob and Im not for anything and everything the GOP wants...I have views that cover both sides. This one im with them on

How many states are generating HALF of their energy from wind could you show me that ?

Nope. I know Colorado started doing it sometime this summer, I am guessing that the answer to this question lies with the citizens of each state, their opinion on NIMBY issues, their environmental concerns, and what they are willing to pay to have cleaner power generation. It certainly HAS been done, so it isn't a matter of technology or money anymore. It is a matter of choice, and some states will choose to burn stuff or radiate stuff or use hydroelectric power because it is better suited to their tastes, costs, availability, etc etc.

yada said:
and you telling me that wind and solar is generating that much energy doesnt mean much even if it is true in one small area. Half of 2 is one house. You cant generate enough to do metropolitan areas. Eventually, maybe, but not in our lifetimes.

Half of Colorado sure sounds like the equivalent of a metropolitan area to me. 5-6 million people, even WORSE than a metropolitan actually because those millions are scattered all over 100,000 square miles. Metro areas would be much easier, fewer distribution lines required, economies of scale would work to your advantage. And yes, this is happening now, so unless you have died since you wrote the quote above, in our lifetimes.

yada said:
Oil is here to stay until you and I are in our crates, I see no good reason not to use oil derived from america and not the middle east. All the money stays in the USA more taxs for the govt more jobs for americans...

No objection with that statement from me, my entire professional career has revolved around oil and gas exploration, drilling, development, distribution, and research.

But if you ask for my honest opinion, oil is obsolete. It just doesn't know it yet.

yada said:
Look I am not a right wing nutjob and Im not for anything and everything the GOP wants...I have views that cover both sides. This one im with them on

Who is them? The Republicrats who advocate renewable development as well as fossil fuels, or the Democans who advocate fossil fuel use as well as renewable development?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back