The Myth of Bad Republican Candidates

Best description of this field of Republicans...

Lipstick on a pig

Oh, please, guy.

This is the weakest feild of GOP Candidates I've seen in 32 years of being involved in politics.

Really? You'd prefer an old actor who was governor and a washed up MI congressman?
No, the article was spot on. The truth is we have a pretty accomplished slate of candidates. You'd never know it because the press constantly belittles them and their achievments. But they are all very bright people with tremendous records.

Tremendous records?? :lmao:

Gingrich's record looks like today's democrat. The man presided over some of the largest expansion in the size of government, and has plenty of YES votes to go along with it.

Santorum's record should appeal to democrats too, he's voted to spend insane amounts of money, increase deficits, increase debt ceilings, grow government, etc.

We don't know about Romney because he has no record at a federal level, but his state record is pretty liberal. For crying out fucking loud, the guy has a state version of fucking OBAMACARE.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Have you actually looked at ANY of these guys? :lol:

And yet every one of them would be more responsible than this president. That's a terrible fact.

Really? You'd prefer an old actor who was governor and a washed up MI congressman?
No, the article was spot on. The truth is we have a pretty accomplished slate of candidates. You'd never know it because the press constantly belittles them and their achievments. But they are all very bright people with tremendous records.

Tremendous records?? :lmao:

Gingrich's record looks like today's democrat. The man presided over some of the largest expansion in the size of government, and has plenty of YES votes to go along with it.

Santorum's record should appeal to democrats too, he's voted to spend insane amounts of money, increase deficits, increase debt ceilings, grow government, etc.

We don't know about Romney because he has no record at a federal level, but his state record is pretty liberal. For crying out fucking loud, the guy has a state version of fucking OBAMACARE.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Have you actually looked at ANY of these guys? :lol:

And yet every one of them would be more responsible than this president. That's a terrible fact.

That any one of them would not veto any bill that grows government is enough for me.

There will be no more compromise on the growth of government. It's big enough.

These days anyone can be torched.

Reveal something in their past that is a surprise and the candidate doesn't walk on water anymore.

I read "Killing Lincoln" and using that information alone I could make a convincing case that our 16th President was disorganized and ran a White House that was in constant turmoil. People were often sleeping in the hallways waiting to petition the President. Members of his administration were constantly intoxicated. His VP was a prime example.

The way the press and the media holds sway over political discourse Obama got into the White House with no leadership experience and no record of accomplishment. His image of being a great speaker and a nice guy is enough to keep plenty of people supporting him, even though he's nothing but trouble in real life. This is why his records have been sealed under court order and his past practically erased. Yet any one of the GOP candidates could mop the floor with him if they would just compare resumes.

None of the GOP candidates has anything close to the resume of President Obama

The only candidate in the GOP with any real CROSS-OVER potential is Huntsman.

But as Huntsman appears to stand for things the GOP can't stand?

I doubt he has a prayer except perhaps as a VP

Oh, please, guy.

This is the weakest feild of GOP Candidates I've seen in 32 years of being involved in politics.

I guess you fell for it then.

No.

Any field where a crank like Bachmann or Cain can be considered a real contender is a weak field.

Did we forget, a mere three months ago, Herman Cain, crazy person, was considered a "frontrunner"?

After looking at all the GOP hopefuls, and finding them wanting, the GOP is going to pick the guy it soundly rejected four years ago becuase the party elites insist on it. A guy who won't even carry his home state.

Now, I'll admit, I really do wish Perry hadn't turned out to be such a dud. But what did him in was his own weaknesses.

You think that Herman Cain is crazy?
You can't be a CEO of anything if you are crazy.
Here is what crazy is;
Vermin Supreme,
A Democrat who is running for president.
Autostraddle — New Prez Candidate “Vermin Love Supreme” Promises Free Ponies, Dental Care

I guess you fell for it then.

No.

Any field where a crank like Bachmann or Cain can be considered a real contender is a weak field.

Did we forget, a mere three months ago, Herman Cain, crazy person, was considered a "frontrunner"?

After looking at all the GOP hopefuls, and finding them wanting, the GOP is going to pick the guy it soundly rejected four years ago becuase the party elites insist on it. A guy who won't even carry his home state.

Now, I'll admit, I really do wish Perry hadn't turned out to be such a dud. But what did him in was his own weaknesses.

You think that Herman Cain is crazy?
You can't be a CEO of anything if you are crazy.

Yeah, Corzine is "normal" right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Lipstick on a pig

The irony of those words is very amusing when you consider every Democrat Presidential candidate starting with Carter. Kerry, Gore, Obama, and the rest had to pass for something they weren't.

Kerry the war hero
Gore the intelligent statesman
Obama the transformational answer to all our problems
Clinton the moderate
Carter the nice guy
Ducaccus the military leader
McGovern..........can't think of anything here. He was up front about his pacifism

These days anyone can be torched.

Reveal something in their past that is a surprise and the candidate doesn't walk on water anymore.

I read "Killing Lincoln" and using that information alone I could make a convincing case that our 16th President was disorganized and ran a White House that was in constant turmoil. People were often sleeping in the hallways waiting to petition the President. Members of his administration were constantly intoxicated. His VP was a prime example.

The way the press and the media holds sway over political discourse Obama got into the White House with no leadership experience and no record of accomplishment. His image of being a great speaker and a nice guy is enough to keep plenty of people supporting him, even though he's nothing but trouble in real life. This is why his records have been sealed under court order and his past practically erased. Yet any one of the GOP candidates could mop the floor with him if they would just compare resumes.

None of the GOP candidates has anything close to the resume of President Obama

Thank Christ for that!!!! LMAO

Republicans are voting for the moderate Romney for electability reasons. After the 2008 election, conservatives told us McCain didn't get elected because he was a moderate.

Who's right?

Is Romney considered more electable because he's a moderate, or because there is no quality conservative in the race?

Last edited:

Lipstick on a pig

The irony of those words is very amusing when you consider every Democrat Presidential candidate starting with Carter. Kerry, Gore, Obama, and the rest had to pass for something they weren't.

Kerry the war hero
Clinton the moderate
Carter the nice guy
McGovern..........can't think of anything here. He was up front about his pacifism

McGovern was one of the last old school Dems, people you could really respect, even if you didnt agree with them. Look at the candidates in 1968: Humphrey, Muskie, McGovern, Kennedy. Look at what the Democratic Party is now: Obama, Pelosi, Frank, Reid. Quite a come down.

Republicans are voting for the moderate Romney for electability reasons. After the 2008 election, conservatives told us McCain didn't get elected because he was a moderate.

Who's right?

Is Romney considered more electable because he's a moderate, or because there is no quality conservative in the race?

Even though you'e stupid you make a good point. Conservatives have not been able to field a credible candidate in two election cycles. What does this say about the state of conservatism?

Who's right?

From a personal standpoint....

I have yet to finish doing my grading of the REP candidates against my scoresheet, which I do for every election... but unlike 2008 (Where my candidate was Thompson), there is something polarizing about each of the candidates... you can love the economic stance of one but hate the social stance... you can love the social stance but hate something about the background... you can love the conservative approach to govt but hate the foreign policy...

I think the key is that one of the candidates HAS TO SHOW CHANGE... while they may have supported Medicare part X or this govt run healthcare in the past, they have to convince and show that they have learned from those mistakes and work completely in the opposite direction.. then and only then will you get a candidate that the party and the independents will rally behind

Who's right?

Even though you'e stupid you make a good point. Conservatives have not been able to field a credible candidate in two election cycles. What does this say about the state of conservatism?

It's says that hardline conservatism won't sell at the national level, so smart politicians with national aspirations don't align themselves in that manner.

Who's right?

Romney is leading because he is the establishment candidate and the media, up until this week has left him alone.

Lipstick on a pig

Kerry the war hero
Clinton the moderate
Carter the nice guy

McGovern was one of the last old school Dems, people you could really respect, even if you didnt agree with them. Look at the candidates in 1968: Humphrey, Muskie, McGovern, Kennedy. Look at what the Democratic Party is now: Obama, Pelosi, Frank, Reid. Quite a come down.

"McGovern..........can't think of anything here. He was up front about his pacifism"

Lt. George McGovern was a pilot of a B-24 and flew 35 missions against the Germans during WW II. Of course you can't think, that's obvious.

gop-debate.jpg

January 11, 2012
By Selwyn Duke

Repeat a big Democrat talking point often enough, and it becomes the truth. There is a certain liberal narrative that has recently filtered down to many independents and even some conservatives: the idea that the current crop of Republican candidates is weak, wanting, and worrisome.
Read more:
Articles: The Myth of Bad Republican Candidates

Whoa, thats some original thinking there. I never thought they would blame the liberals for republican dissatifaction with their own field of canidates. Never saw that one coming :doubt:

gop-debate.jpg

January 11, 2012
By Selwyn Duke

Repeat a big Democrat talking point often enough, and it becomes the truth. There is a certain liberal narrative that has recently filtered down to many independents and even some conservatives: the idea that the current crop of Republican candidates is weak, wanting, and worrisome.
Read more:
Articles: The Myth of Bad Republican Candidates

Whoa, thats some original thinking there. I never thought they would blame the liberals for republican dissatifaction with their own field of canidates. Never saw that one coming :doubt:

No, the media could never be accused of having anything to do with GOP voter's dissatifaction.

Forum List

Back