The Movie: 2016

Does anyone in the movie interview anyone who actually knows Obama and what he thinks or Obama himself who is the best person to tell what he thinks? The factchecker above did watch the movie as well but it seems many of you already have your mind made up about Obama and are not open to other viewpoints.

They interviewed his half brother. They attempted to interview his grandmother. They largely used Obama's own words from his own book.

Are you mad that Robert Gibbs wasn't allowed to turn the video into a propaganda piece?

Using Obama's words from his own book and twisting them around to what they think you mean? And no I'm not mad or looking for a propaganda piece. I would like something truthful and factual though.

Okay, here's something from Obama's OWN BOOK that made me sick. He was asked if a certain thing hurt him and how he coped with that. His answer was 'The trick is NOT MINDING that it hurts. And he rippped that off, fully sprung from Lawrence Of Arabia. The guys a phoney and a charleton, to say the very least. He does NOT belong in the White House rather in a wagon going from town to town pitching 'magic elixers'.

I am terrified of what will happen if this guy is allowed to run amok over our country for the next 4 years, unobstructed with nothing to lose and anybody with any sense feels the same way.

They interviewed his half brother. They attempted to interview his grandmother. They largely used Obama's own words from his own book.

Are you mad that Robert Gibbs wasn't allowed to turn the video into a propaganda piece?

Using Obama's words from his own book and twisting them around to what they think you mean? And no I'm not mad or looking for a propaganda piece. I would like something truthful and factual though.

Okay, here's something from Obama's OWN BOOK that made me sick. He was asked if a certain thing hurt him and how he coped with that. His answer was 'The trick is NOT MINDING that it hurts. And he rippped that off, fully sprung from Lawrence Of Arabia. The guys a phoney and a charleton, to say the very least. He does NOT belong in the White House rather in a wagon going from town to town pitching 'magic elixers'.

I am terrified of what will happen if this guy is allowed to run amok over our country for the next 4 years, unobstructed with nothing to lose and anybody with any sense feels the same way.

It is scary. We'd see what an evil man, drunk with power looks like.

Books, the Movie... Hell, we've seen and heard enough about this guy to know who he is what he stands for and is determined to accomplish. Thank our lucky stars he'll be voted out, no, booted out in November.

What remains a secret also brings more question to bear.

I've often wondered how many Democrats truly like the guy... Personally I think they are disgusted too.
They stand by him for the sake of hand outs. Hand outs that won't last if the Liberal movement wins out.
The guy is a communist and he hates America. So is most of the Democratic Party. Pelosi and Reid come to mind in an instant.

I don't know whether all hate America or whether Democrats stay loyal to their party for the handouts or whether they have just been brainwashed to hate Republicans and conservative concepts.

I loved Susana Martinez's line last night though. As a Democrat, she had been to a luncheon where the terms "Democrat/Republican/conservative/liberal" were left out of the discussion and the conversation was focused on issues and values. Do people really want a hand out or do they want a hand up? What is the best policy about that? Is goverment more efficient and effective to get some things done or does the private sector provide the best solutions for this or that? And she said that as she and her husband left that gathering, she turned to Chuck and said, "I'll be damned. We're Republicans!"

In the movie, D'Souza left all concepts of political parties, conservative/liberal etc. out of the thesis and focused on the history, the conversations, and the people. I have not read the book and until this week had not seen the movie. But the content of the movie affirmed the convictions I had acquired over the last four years of careful listening and observing our President. He is a liberation theology Marxist, through and through, and he has a very different view of America than most Americans do.

But the conclusion of his motives at the end of the movie was the most riveting concept I brought away and one I had not previously considered. I'm wondering if everyone else who has seen the movie saw what I saw?

Last edited:
obama's understanding of his father's political beliefs don't come from his father. He never saw his father until he was 12. He got his father's political beliefs as filtered through his mother who was a radical leftist. obama never learned that his father was an alcoholic with several wives. He was told that his father was a brave freedom fighter, had been jailed for being a political activist as was his grandfather. None of that was true, but mom made sure her son believed it.

And the legendary fake image of his father died driving home drunk at 1:45 in the morning. After a night of drinking at the local bar hut which was a nightly practice for him.

Obama's real father was nothing more than a polygamist drunk who never took care of any of his many children.

I did look at the movie trailer:

2016: Obama's America | Official Movie Trailer

Starts out with ominous muslimy music, scenes of various dark people rioting, and then, at 1:05, the most shocking thing of all -- a black family quarrels over a game of Monopoly.

Then, the music changes, and the world-without-Obama is shown, a peaceful happy world. Of white people.

Given the trailer used such brazen race-baiting, I assume that's what the movie is like. The clip of the black family quarrelling over a Monopoly game was the clincher. It was such stupid over-the-top race-baiting, it made me laugh. Yes, if Obama is elected again, those violent black people are leaving their Monopoly games and coming to get YOU!

I did look at the movie trailer:

2016: Obama's America | Official Movie Trailer

Starts out with ominous muslimy music, scenes of various dark people rioting, and then, at 1:05, the most shocking thing of all -- a black family quarrels over a game of Monopoly.

Then, the music changes, and the world-without-Obama is shown, a peaceful happy world. Of white people.

Given the trailer used such brazen race-baiting, I assume that's what the movie is like. The clip of the black family quarrelling over a Monopoly game was the clincher. It was such stupid over-the-top race-baiting, it made me laugh. Yes, if Obama is elected again, those violent black people are leaving their Monopoly games and coming to get YOU!

I don't know what trailer you saw, but the movie was nothing like that. And there was no race baiting in it. D'Souza is an Indian from India after all and holds a green card. He is not an American citizen.

Books, the Movie... Hell, we've seen and heard enough about this guy to know who he is what he stands for and is determined to accomplish. Thank our lucky stars he'll be voted out, no, booted out in November.

I've often wondered how many Democrats truly like the guy... Personally I think they are disgusted too.
They stand by him for the sake of hand outs. Hand outs that won't last if the Liberal movement wins out.
The guy is a communist and he hates America. So is most of the Democratic Party. Pelosi and Reid come to mind in an instant.

I don't know whether all hate America or whether Democrats stay loyal to their party for the handouts or whether they have just been brainwashed to hate Republicans and conservative concepts.

I loved Susana Martinez's line last night though. As a Democrat, she had been to a luncheon where the terms "Democrat/Republican/conservative/liberal" were left out of the discussion and the conversation was focused on issues and values. Do people really want a hand out or do they want a hand up? What is the best policy about that? Is goverment more efficient and effective to get some things done or does the private sector provide the best solutions for this or that? And she said that as she and her husband left that gathering, she turned to Chuck and said, "I'll be damned. We're Republicans!"

In the movie, D'Souza left all concepts of political parties, conservative/liberal etc. out of the thesis and focused on the history, the conversations, and the people. I have not read the book and until this week had not seen the movie. But the content of the movie affirmed the convictions I had acquired over the last four years of careful listening and observing our President. He is a liberation theology Marxist, through and through, and he has a very different view of America than most Americans do.

But the conclusion of his motives at the end of the movie was the most riveting concept I brought away and one I had not previously considered. I'm wondering if everyone else who has seen the movie saw what I saw?

Really Foxy? Those are the choices for Democrat motivations? I suppose you think the Republicans all believe strongly in their ideology and don't hate Dems or liberals?

You haven't seen the movie have you. I can assure you that D'Souza did not in any way twist or misrepresent Obama's words or point of view.

How do you know that? Did he talk to Obama himself? I'd hate someone to tell me my point of view without talking to me.

And no, I have not seen the movie but I will go see it. I'm real hesitant to waste time on a hit job or a propaganda movie-for either side!!

Really Foxy? Those are the choices for Democrat motivations? I suppose you think the Republicans all believe strongly in their ideology and don't hate Dems or liberals?

I found the line you highlighted extremely offensive. Those of you assuming Democrats hate this country or want it to suffer, or want handouts without having to work, or hate the other side really don't have a clue what you are talking about!!

I can tell you right now, I know a lot of Democrats and I am one myself and I have never taken a handout or had any hatred for this country or anyone else. BUT, if someone is in need of Government assistance, I am o.k. with them receiving it.

Please educate yourself on what we stand before before you just ASSUME something.

You haven't seen the movie have you. I can assure you that D'Souza did not in any way twist or misrepresent Obama's words or point of view.

How do you know that? Did he talk to Obama himself? I'd hate someone to tell me my point of view without talking to me.

And no, I have not seen the movie but I will go see it. I'm real hesitant to waste time on a hit job or a propaganda movie-for either side!!

We have a lengthening store of speeches, interviews, promos, youtube clips put out by Obama himself, and video clips of actual statements Obama made. Unless you are unwilling to use the record of those you dislike who have left such an obvious trail, you have to allow historians to use Obama's record as well.

However, as a quasi-media professinal and dedicated amateur historian, I am very good at spotting distortions creating by 'proof texting', a tactic most of the mainstream media uses shamelessly. I did not see any of that in D'Souza's movie.

I found the line you highlighted extremely offensive. Those of you assuming Democrats hate this country or want it to suffer, or want handouts without having to work, or hate the other side really don't have a clue what you are talking about!!

I can tell you right now, I know a lot of Democrats and I am one myself and I have never taken a handout or had any hatred for this country or anyone else. BUT, if someone is in need of Government assistance, I am o.k. with them receiving it.

Please educate yourself on what we stand before before you just ASSUME something.

Sorry. Didn't mean to be offiensive and I was just responding to the comments of another poster. But it has been my experience that if you take it issue by issue, most people are more closely aligned with Republican/conservative ideals than they are with those promoted by the Democrats/progressives/liberals/leftists. Which is what I tried to illustrate with my quote from Susana Martinez's speech.

I also have found that Democrats spend much more time railing against and being offended at Republicans and conservatives and their point of view or beliefs than they spend promoting or defining what they believe themselves. Which to me is telling. All the leftwing commentary I'm seeing this morning is nitpicking facts from last night's speeches without any attempt to discuss the concepts being presented.

D'Souza in his movie was totally focused not on political parties or the pros and cons of any ideology. He was focused on putting the history out there and did a credible job of that. No nitpicking of facts. No moral judgments. No putdowns of one person's point of view over another. It was well done for what it was.

Again I didn't intend to offend. I was responding to Cops' post and was actually not agreeing with his opinion. I have participated in focus groups that deal strictly with issues, and it is often fascinating how many who call themselves Democrats do embrace Republican ideals IF you don't identify them as Republican ideals. Again, Susana made that point in her speech last night.

And I have talked to Democrats who are convinced the Republicans would take away the safety nets and freebies and that keeps them voting Democrat.

It's just the fact, Jack.

And I wonder how many Obama supporters and D'Souza critics would be supportive of a person attached to the facts in the movie if they didn't know the person was Obama?

Last edited:
BUT, if someone is in need of Government assistance, I am o.k. with them receiving it.

So are conservatives considering that they give more to charity on average. The tricky thing is in the definition of the word "need."

BUT, if someone is in need of Government assistance, I am o.k. with them receiving it.

So are conservatives considering that they give more to charity on average. The tricky thing is in the definition of the word "need."

And depending on how close to the Founders' view of government you get, conservatives are all for doing good for the poor or those in need, but they see it as too corrupting an influence for both those in government and the recipients of government charity to see the federal government as the proper or smart way to do good for the poor or those in need.

The movie built a very good case for Obama's view of government and how it can be used to achieve a particular end. It was the end itself in the conclusion that the only really subjective component of the movie. And I will be interested to see what those who see the movie think about it.

Again I didn't intend to offend. I was responding to Cops' post and was actually not agreeing with his opinion. I have participated in focus groups that deal strictly with issues, and it is often fascinating how many who call themselves Democrats do embrace Republican ideals IF you don't identify them as Republican ideals. Again, Susana made that point in her speech last night.

And I have talked to Democrats who are convinced the Republicans would take away the safety nets and freebies and that keeps them voting Democrat.

And I wonder how many Obama supporters and D'Souza critics would be supportive of a person attached to the facts in the movie if they didn't know the person was Obama?

I don't think I would describe myself as offended. I'm certainly not trying to defend or agree with Dems. I am politically unaligned. I just see the kind of attack the other side, get offended rather than discuss the issues mentality you describe from both Dems and Repubs, and I don't know if I have noticed it being worse from either side. It may just be a matter of differing experiences and the kinds of people we are exposed to. I see those types of things as a matter of human nature rather than a function of political ideology and I don't think it's significantly more likely from a particular side.

If anything about it offended me, it would be because I like you and, while you obviously have your biases, I think of you as trying to keep those biases from influencing your arguments too strongly, and the portion I highlighted was disappointing to read. Taken in the context of a reply rather than a general statement, I am certainly less offended. :)

I don't think I would describe myself as offended. I'm certainly not trying to defend or agree with Dems. I am politically unaligned. I just see the kind of attack the other side, get offended rather than discuss the issues mentality you describe from both Dems and Repubs, and I don't know if I have noticed it being worse from either side. It may just be a matter of differing experiences and the kinds of people we are exposed to. I see those types of things as a matter of human nature rather than a function of political ideology and I don't think it's significantly more likely from a particular side.

If anything about it offended me, it would be because I like you and, while you obviously have your biases, I think of you as trying to keep those biases from influencing your arguments too strongly, and the portion I highlighted was disappointing to read. Taken in the context of a reply rather than a general statement, I am certainly less offended. :)

Everyone is politically aligned. You saying you're not politically aligned is like me saying I'm not politically aligned b/c I'm not registered with a party. We all bring our politics into the discussion.

Good. :) Context is everything, and sometimes I do focus on one particular issue and come across as perhaps more partisan or dognatic or sound bite than what I intend. So within the larger context, I would like to think your opinion of me is justified. In the contet you highlighted, I can see how I would be misunderstood and how that could make my comment offensive. No harm. No foul. (But after I discussion, if I had that post to do again, I would word is differently and less abrasively. :))

Last edited:
Foxfyre; I'm going tomorrow afternoon and I'm asking my son (a Ron Paul supporter) to join me, but what did you mean that, "It was not at all what Mr. Foxfyre was expecting?"

He mentioned that he thought it would show America in decay, Wrigly Field grown up in weeds, and stuff like that. :)

It doesn't. But I will be interested in you and your son's opinion about the conclusion D'Souza offered in the closing minutes of the documentary. Please report back.

I went today with my son, and we didn't discuss it afterwards. There were a total of 21 people in the theater, with the movie running between 2:30 - 4:00 matinee hours.

It was what I expected from the trailers; a look at the presidents formative experiences and influences from his father and his mother, who kept or raised his father in an exalted , honored position in their small and erratically changing family; this even though B. O. Senior fathered other children by other mothers, and was still married to another woman when he married and fathered Obama.

Fathers influence sons, whether directly or indirectly as an ideal, probably more so when the son does not see the flaws, as when the father is missing, or interact in conflicting ways with the father in the father son relationship. One only has to consider the environment in which his father developed to get an understanding how that affect would be manifested in the developing Barrack.

It was a more or less clinical look at the family history from its initial geneses to the matriculation of Obama, and it's no surprise that he found a mentor and or fellow traveler who reminded him of his idealized missing father to whose "dreams" he dedicated his own biography, almost as a mission statement. His mentors are Frank Marshal Davis, William Ayers, and less directly, Saul Alinsky as a philosophical inspiration.

His brother, George, is completely different in his philosophical leanings in that he sees the flaws in the existing political situation in the 3rd world as opposed to the developing world like (SingaIpore, South Korea, and even mentions South Africa) which he sees as being superior, and believes it could be improved if it were more in the model of America/U.S. and South Africa as better off because it was more tardily released from colonialism.

He does not fault his brother for not providing for him, seeing himself as being responsible for himself, as an adult. He was interesting to watch, exhibiting a certain "cynicism" in his demeanor, which may have only been his expectation of the types of questions he expected about his brother from his past experience.

The “2016” reference relates to the recognition that President Obama, given a full two terms will most certainly fundamentally change America by their completion. It’s up to the voter (and the viewer informed by the film) if the change, which is going to be a leveling one for America, is the change they want to see brought about, because his father, as a formative/influential model for Barrack, strongly opposed all colonial powers, so you can imagine how this will figure into Barrack’s policies in a country that is anathema to his utopian vision, whatever that was.

If I get the chance to do so I will recommend it to others, even my liberal friends and I wish it could be aired on TV prior to the election.

Last edited:

Everyone is politically aligned. You saying you're not politically aligned is like me saying I'm not politically aligned b/c I'm not registered with a party. We all bring our politics into the discussion.

I meant in the party sense. Sorry if the context didn't make that clear.

I meant in the party sense. Sorry if the context didn't make that clear.

But we're still all politically aligned. I find that people that say otherwise, are often trying to assume some sort of moral high ground based upon the false idea that he/she is more objective. I'm frankly more weary of people who make such claims than even so-called partisans. It may not be what you were trying to do; but the majority of the time, these so-called centrists are playing that game while indeed pursuing an agenda; as we all have our positions.

Forum List

Back