The Movie: 2016

After reports of it grossing the most of any documentary of its type in its first days in the theaters, Mr. Foxfyre and I went to see the movie yesterday. After reading a lot of Dinesh D'Souza in recent years, it was pretty much what I expected. It was not at all what Mr. Foxfyre was expecting.

The amazing thing is we went to an eight-theater complex at 2:25 in the afternoon. The 2016 theater was completely full--sold out--and packed. The others, several showing pretty decent movies, not so much.

So has anybody else seen the movie? Any comments on what you think about it? The themes and conclusions built into it?

Sad that one has to go see a documentary to learn what the press should have covered 4 years ago, isn't it.

The press only covers actual stories, not kooky conspiracy theories.

Where is the conspiracy???

The movie was in Obamas own words :dunno:

After reports of it grossing the most of any documentary of its type in its first days in the theaters, Mr. Foxfyre and I went to see the movie yesterday. After reading a lot of Dinesh D'Souza in recent years, it was pretty much what I expected. It was not at all what Mr. Foxfyre was expecting.

The amazing thing is we went to an eight-theater complex at 2:25 in the afternoon. The 2016 theater was completely full--sold out--and packed. The others, several showing pretty decent movies, not so much.

So has anybody else seen the movie? Any comments on what you think about it? The themes and conclusions built into it?

Sad that one has to go see a documentary to learn what the press should have covered 4 years ago, isn't it.

And yet......they didn't cover actual stories. Go figure.

obama's understanding of his father's political beliefs don't come from his father. He never saw his father until he was 12. He got his father's political beliefs as filtered through his mother who was a radical leftist. obama never learned that his father was an alcoholic with several wives. He was told that his father was a brave freedom fighter, had been jailed for being a political activist as was his grandfather. None of that was true, but mom made sure her son believed it.

Does anyone in the movie interview anyone who actually knows Obama and what he thinks or Obama himself who is the best person to tell what he thinks? The factchecker above did watch the movie as well but it seems many of you already have your mind made up about Obama and are not open to other viewpoints.

See the post after yours, and you'll know why you're just another libtard troll making my ignore list after only one thread.

The movie is based on D'Souza's book "The Roots of Obama's Rage", which is full of complete rubbish. D'Souza claimed Obama stopped using his nickname as a way to assert to his African heritage, when the President has been asked about his in an interview before and gave a perfectly reasonable explanation: he started using his actual name because his nickname made him sound like a kid. D'Souza claimed that Obama's opposition to nuclear weapons comes from "anti-colonialism", even though it's a view shared by a large number of figures on both sides of the aisle (even by that noted-anti-colonialist Ronald Reagan). D'Souza also had tons of other pieces of "evidence" of Obama's "anti-colonialism" which were pure fabrications.

Does anyone in the movie interview anyone who actually knows Obama and what he thinks or Obama himself who is the best person to tell what he thinks? The factchecker above did watch the movie as well but it seems many of you already have your mind made up about Obama and are not open to other viewpoints.

The movie wasn't based on people's opinions. The movie was based on observations about what we already know of the people in Obama's life, the main influences on his life, the driving forces that shaped who he is, the people with whom he has surrounded himself during his life. There was one clip of an interview with Obama's brother in Kenya--and wow do they look alike; absoluely no question that they are borthers--but the interview was really trying to bait the brother into criticizing Obama for not 'helping' the brother. No dice. The brother did not see that as Obama's duty or responsibility or obligation to do. It was also instructive that the brother did not appear to be the destitute, impoverished person as sometime rightwing pundits have portrayed him.

All is to say that D'Souza was as objective, non inflammatory, non accusatory, and as honest as anybody could be in a documentary of this type.

So I will be interested to see whether D'Souza's conclusion at the end is shared by others who actually see the movie.

They did a fact check on this movie which I looked at before deciding whether to see it.

FACT CHECK: Anti-Obama film muddy on facts - Yahoo! News

I stopped reading at the third paragraph:

The assertion that Obama's presidency is an expression of his father's political beliefs, which D'Souza first made in 2010 in his book "The Roots of Obama's Rage," is almost entirely subjective and a logical stretch at best.

Any article that is titled FACT CHECK should stay away from its own wildly subjective (and imo subversive) opinions.

Why is that different from Bush 43 just avenging his FATHER'S beliefs and honor? I thought that was what the left was telling us motivated GW in Iraq.

Now I might have to go see this silly documentary.. Mainly because I hear that D'Souza hit it off with BHO's step-brother in Kenya who has been snubbed by his famous American kin because of his political leanings...

They interviewed his half brother. They attempted to interview his grandmother. They largely used Obama's own words from his own book.

Are you mad that Robert Gibbs wasn't allowed to turn the video into a propaganda piece?

They did a fact check on this movie which I looked at before deciding whether to see it.

The assertion that Obama's presidency is an expression of his father's political beliefs, which D'Souza first made in 2010 in his book "The Roots of Obama's Rage," is almost entirely subjective and a logical stretch at best.

Any article that is titled FACT CHECK should stay away from its own wildly subjective (and imo subversive) opinions.

Why is that different from Bush 43 just avenging his FATHER'S beliefs and honor? I thought that was what the left was telling us motivated GW in Iraq.

Now I might have to go see this silly documentary.. Mainly because I hear that D'Souza hit it off with BHO's step-brother in Kenya who has been snubbed by his famous American kin because of his political leanings...

If you haven't seen a movie then you can't have an educated opinion.

I read Dineshes book, The Roots of Obama's Rage, interesting and illuminating. well worth a look.

I plan on purchasing the movie when its available.

See the post after yours, and you'll know why you're just another libtard troll making my ignore list after only one thread.

The movie is based on D'Souza's book "The Roots of Obama's Rage", which is full of complete rubbish. D'Souza claimed Obama stopped using his nickname as a way to assert to his African heritage, when the President has been asked about his in an interview before and gave a perfectly reasonable explanation: he started using his actual name because his nickname made him sound like a kid. D'Souza claimed that Obama's opposition to nuclear weapons comes from "anti-colonialism", even though it's a view shared by a large number of figures on both sides of the aisle (even by that noted-anti-colonialist Ronald Reagan). D'Souza also had tons of other pieces of "evidence" of Obama's "anti-colonialism" which were pure fabrications.

really ? I read the book too, so what are the fabrications ( see: supposition) that seem to bother you?

no one ever escapes their upbringing and the collective input from influential people in their lives, Bush was no different , he may very well have seen getting Saddam as an 'honor' thing, who knows. ;)

example- whats interesting is obamas musings on say frank marshall davis, to say that davis has absolutely now effect on obamas mindset or thinking is, well, pretty ridiculous.

I just listed several of them.

what? this?

:confused:thats not exactly tons......what else? thats small potatoes.

It isn't like Barack Obama is someone unknown, he has been our president for nearly four years, you really cannot see through D'Souza's deceptive nonsense?

"The movie is based on D'Souza's notably dishonest book 'The Roots of Obama's Rage.' This book would be humorous if considered a spoof of one of the world's most placid leaders. But D'Souza makes truth the victim in his selective effort to demonize the president.

There are false economic claims, such as that Obama initiated the bailout and stimulus plans. Actually, George Bush initiated the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 on October 3, 2008. Obama followed this bill with his own attempt to stem the economic crisis and correct the earlier flaws in amount and administration.

There are misleading policy claims, such as D'Souza attacking Obama for supporting the reduction of nuclear weapons and idealizing a nuclear free world. As former Republican Secretary of State George Schultz has repeatedly stated, President Obama shares President Ronald Reagan's desire to rid the world of nuclear weapons, though both realize the need for a nuclear deterrent.

And there are incredible omissions and mis-interpretations, such as the conclusion that Obama was elected sheerly because of white liberal guilt ... without even mentioning the economic catastrophe that the previous Republican administration had created." Michael Berkowitz: '2016: Obama's America': Save Your Money, Use Your Vouchers

"Conservatives thrive on a world filled with mysterious evil and unfathomable hatreds, where good is always on the defensive and time is a precious commodity in the cosmic race against corruption and decline." Corey Robin 'The Reactionary Mind'

I cleaned up your nonsense this time, next time the whole post will be deleted. Keep your insults to yourself in the Clean Zone. Newby

Last edited by a moderator:
I have come to the conclusion republicans are purposely dumb. There is no other explanation. It isn't like Barack Obama is someone unknown, fools, he has been our president for nearly four years, are you really so stupid you cannot see through D'Souza's deceptive nonsense? I have to ask does your dumbness make you happy?

"The movie is based on D'Souza's notably dishonest book 'The Roots of Obama's Rage.' This book would be humorous if considered a spoof of one of the world's most placid leaders. But D'Souza makes truth the victim in his selective effort to demonize the president.

There are false economic claims, such as that Obama initiated the bailout and stimulus plans. Actually, George Bush initiated the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 on October 3, 2008. Obama followed this bill with his own attempt to stem the economic crisis and correct the earlier flaws in amount and administration.

There are misleading policy claims, such as D'Souza attacking Obama for supporting the reduction of nuclear weapons and idealizing a nuclear free world. As former Republican Secretary of State George Schultz has repeatedly stated, President Obama shares President Ronald Reagan's desire to rid the world of nuclear weapons, though both realize the need for a nuclear deterrent.

And there are incredible omissions and mis-interpretations, such as the conclusion that Obama was elected sheerly because of white liberal guilt ... without even mentioning the economic catastrophe that the previous Republican administration had created." Michael Berkowitz: '2016: Obama's America': Save Your Money, Use Your Vouchers

"Conservatives thrive on a world filled with mysterious evil and unfathomable hatreds, where good is always on the defensive and time is a precious commodity in the cosmic race against corruption and decline." Corey Robin 'The Reactionary Mind'

did you read the book or see the movie?

They interviewed his half brother. They attempted to interview his grandmother. They largely used Obama's own words from his own book.

Are you mad that Robert Gibbs wasn't allowed to turn the video into a propaganda piece?

Using Obama's words from his own book and twisting them around to what they think you mean? And no I'm not mad or looking for a propaganda piece. I would like something truthful and factual though.

Using Obama's words from his own book and twisting them around to what they think you mean? And no I'm not mad or looking for a propaganda piece. I would like something truthful and factual though.

You haven't seen the movie have you. I can assure you that D'Souza did not in any way twist or misrepresent Obama's words or point of view.

Books, the Movie... Hell, we've seen and heard enough about this guy to know who he is what he stands for and is determined to accomplish. Thank our lucky stars he'll be voted out, no, booted out in November.

What remains a secret also brings more question to bear.

I've often wondered how many Democrats truly like the guy... Personally I think they are disgusted too.
They stand by him for the sake of hand outs. Hand outs that won't last if the Liberal movement wins out.
The guy is a communist and he hates America. So is most of the Democratic Party. Pelosi and Reid come to mind in an instant.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back