The Most Open Administration In History

I can, when the employer mandate takes effect in 2015, dumbass. The cancellations will occur on the effective date. Had Obama not delayed the employer mandate, those 55 percent of cancellations would have occurred THIS YEAR.

Can you show me where 55% of companies won't cancel those plans in 2015? Didn't think so.

TK believes that tens of millions of working Americans....who are currently insured with employer sponsored plans....will be uncovered in 2015. It will be a nutter landslide!

TK doesn't know that the mandate is meant to force employers with 50 or more employees to provide insurance. And that only about 1-2% of said companies don't already offer it.

TK has absolutely zero understanding of the topic he is discussing.

It is full retard.

Exactly. They forget that all those employers who currently do not provide insurance will be required to provide it. That means MORE employees will be insured, not less.

Right. Just like right now, with more than 4 Million fewer people having health insurance than they did just three days ago.

And don't forget the soundbite of the year, "If you like your insurance plan, you can keep it. Honest Injun."

dimocraps lie. It's what they do.

ALL of them

So when you consider then this President LIED like Hitler,et.al. to the people:
'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ar-if-you-like-your-health-care-plan-keep-it/

Thanks for Godwinning the topic, dipshit.

You really like big colors, eh?

You are talking about the individual market. Those people were lied to. And I have stated quite unequivocally several times on this forum that Obama lied when he said you could keep your plan, period.

For example:

It was a lie to some people, and the truth to most people.

So if Obama looked you in the eye and said, "I'm not going to shoot anyone, period", and then he shot you in the head, he was mostly telling the truth, eh?

The very reason he told that particular lie was to assure the very people who WOULD lose their insurance that they would not. He was lying to the very people he was talking about, about the very thing they were worried about happening.

You really don't have to warp your brain like that just to suck up to Obama. The sooner you come back to reality, the better off you will be.

A lie is a lie is a lie.

Thanks for playing.

TK believes that tens of millions of working Americans....who are currently insured with employer sponsored plans....will be uncovered in 2015. It will be a nutter landslide!

TK doesn't know that the mandate is meant to force employers with 50 or more employees to provide insurance. And that only about 1-2% of said companies don't already offer it.

It is full retard.

Exactly. They forget that all those employers who currently do not provide insurance will be required to provide it. That means MORE employees will be insured, not less.

Right. Just like right now, with more than 4 Million fewer people having health insurance than they did just three days ago.

And don't forget the soundbite of the year, "If you like your insurance plan, you can keep it. Honest Injun."

ALL of them

I will wager that more people will be insured when the 2016 election rolls around than had it when ObamaCare was enacted.

Save this post.

Quote it for posterity.

The GOP is gambling this won't happen. They are PRAYING this won't happen. They are doing everything they can to PREVENT it from happening.

ALL of them

I will wager that more people will be insured when the 2016 election rolls around than had it when ObamaCare was enacted.

Save this post.

Quote it for posterity.

The GOP is gambling this won't happen. They are PRAYING this won't happen. They are doing everything they can to PREVENT it from happening.

Yes they are.

Sadly....for our resident USMB dummies...."everything" means wishing and hoping and whining on a message board.

I can, when the employer mandate takes effect in 2015, dumbass. The cancellations will occur on the effective date. Had Obama not delayed the employer mandate, those 55 percent of cancellations would have occurred THIS YEAR.

Can you show me where 55% of companies won't cancel those plans in 2015? Didn't think so.

It is full retard.

That percentage of employee group plans will have to be either re-written or the employees will be sent into the exchanges.

THAT is what that paper shows.

Fuck but you people get stuck on stupid easily

That is not what it shows. All it shows is a prediction for how many grandfathered employer plans would lose their grandfather status, and nothing more. The voices in your head are making up the rest.

For example, I have already explained that when my company lost its grandfather status, we did not have to re-write or re-do anything. Because we already exceed the minimum standards of the ACA. So losing our status meant fuck-all to us.

That has been, and will be, true for other companies, as well.

And the part you rubes keep ignoring is all those employers who currently have NO plan at all who WILL have plans when the mandate kicks in. That means all those employees who are currently uninsured will become insured.

The mandate also means that many employees who have subpar plans will have better plans when this is all over.

Some employers will cancel their plans. The paper makes NO predictions about that. At all. You made that up.

And you predict that ALL the employers who lost their status will cancel their plans. And that makes you an idiot.

Last edited:

ALL of them

Save this post.

Quote it for posterity.

You're an idiot.

You really are.

It is full retard.

That percentage of employee group plans will have to be either re-written or the employees will be sent into the exchanges.

That is not what it shows. All it shows is a prediction for how many grandfathered employer plans would lose their grandfather status, and nothing more. The voices in your head are making up the rest.

For example, I have already explained that when my company lost its grandfather status, we did not have to re-write or re-do anything. Because we already exceed the minimum standards of the ACA. So losing our status meant fuck-all to us.

And the part you rubes keep ignoring is all those employers who currently have NO plan at all who WILL have plans when the mandate kicks in. That means all those employees who are currently uninsured will become insured.

The mandate also means that many employees who have subpar plans will have better plans when this is all over.

Some employers will cancel their plans. The paper makes NO predictions about that. At all. You made that up.

And you predict that ALL the employers who lost their status will cancel their plans. And that makes you an idiot.

And you are a lying cocksucker.

ETA:

What the FUCK are you talking about with 'your company' and its grandfather status?

Is the ACA in effect where you live and nowhere else in the Country?

You're not only a lying fuck but a stupid one as well.

Last edited:

ALL of them

Save this post.

Quote it for posterity.

You're an idiot.

You really are.

More stuff for you to quote:

SOME employers who lose their grandfather status will stop insuring their employees. Not all. You will be proven absolutely wrong on this point.

SOME employers who did not insure their employees before the ACA will start insuring them. You and your fellow rubes will clamp your eyes and ears to this when it starts happening. Of that much we can all be sure.

SOME employers will lose their grandfather status and keep on trucking because it won't mean anything to them. Their insurance plans already exceed the ACA minimum standards.

SOME employers who lose their grandfather status will IMPROVE their insurance coverage for their employees in order to meet the ACA minimum standards. They will not cancel, they will improve.

Quote this, too, for posterity.

I know you can feel the truth emanating from it, even though you have been listening to hack partisan manufacturers of bullshit for a long time.

ALL of them

Save this post.

Quote it for posterity.

You're an idiot.

You really are.

No, he's not. But I will take what he said and say that employers who are strapped with higher-priced plans will start dumping employees to get back to manageable costs. They've been laying people off for six years now and distributing these jobs amongst their current employee base. They will do it again. I wager that unemployment is going to jump back up, maybe to 8% by mid-2014.

Lay offs are always the first step towards staying in the black. That's not going to change regardless.

Last edited:

Save this post.

Quote it for posterity.

You're an idiot.

You really are.

SOME employers who lose their grandfather status will stop insuring their employees. Not all. You will be proven absolutely wrong on this point.

SOME employers who did not insure their employees before the ACA will start insuring them. You and your fellow rubes will clamp your eyes and ears to this when it starts happening. Of that much we can all be sure.

SOME employers will lose their grandfather status and keep on trucking because it won't mean anything to them. Their insurance plans already exceed the ACA minimum standards.

SOME employers who lose their grandfather status will IMPROVE their insurance coverage for their employees in order to meet the ACA minimum standards. They will not cancel, they will improve.

I know you can feel the truth emanating from it, even though you have been listening to hack partisan manufacturers of bullshit for a long time.

You are a lying piece of fucking shit.

ETA:

And stupid

Last edited:
You're an idiot.

You really are.

ETA:

And stupid

And I hope psychiatric care is in YOUR health care plan.....

ETA:

And stupid

And I hope psychiatric care is in YOUR health care plan.....

I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.

Have you finally admitted to yourself that obama lied about his statement, "If you like your Health Insurance Plan, you can keep it?"

No?

Who needs the shrink, again?

All you scumbags got is lies.

We catch you in one lie and you just start a new one.

It is full retard.

Um no. You can't sit there and define what a "subpar" plan is, g5. That's the entire problem right there. The government cannot stand there and say, "this plan is subpar" or "that plan is subpar." The ACA simply insures one group of people by uninsuring the another.

Thirty percent of employers will definitely or probably stop offering health benefits to their employees once the main provisions of President Obama's federal health care law go into effect in 2014, a new survey finds.

The research published in the McKinsey Quarterly found that the number rises to 50 percent among employers who are highly aware of the health care law.

1 in 3 Employers Will Drop Health Benefits After ObamaCare Kicks In, Survey Finds | Fox News

• Overall, 30 percent of employers will definitely or probably stop offering ESI in the years after 2014.

• Among employers with a high awareness of reform, this proportion increases to more than 50 percent, and upward of 60 percent will pursue some alternative to traditional ESI.

As we have seen, a Congressional Budget Office report estimated that only 9 million to 10 million people, or about 7 percent of employees, currently covered by ESI would have to switch to subsidized exchange policies in 2014. Most surveys of employers likewise show relatively low interest in shifting employees from traditional ESI.

Our survey found, however, that 45 to 50 percent of employers say they will definitely or probably pursue alternatives to ESI in the years after 2014. Those alternatives include dropping coverage, offering it through a defined-contribution model, or in effect offering it only to certain employees. More than 30 percent of employers overall, and 28 percent of large ones, say they will definitely or probably drop coverage after 2014.

How US health care reform will affect employee benefits | McKinsey & Company

Last edited:
That article has NOTHING to do with employer plans.

Thanks for playing.

Seriously? From the link:

So why is this happening right now?

Some -- or maybe even most -- of the plans offered on the individual insurance market right now don't meet certain requirements in the health-care law. They may not offer preventive care without co-payment, for example, or leave out coverage of maternity care, one of the health-care law's 10 essential benefits.

Some of these plans have stuck around for a little bit. The health law allowed plans that existed back in March 2010, when it became a law, to keep selling coverage. These are known as "grandfathered plans:" They don't meet the health law's requirements, but as long as they don't change much, insurers can keep offering them.

Insurance companies typically do like to change their insurance plans, making changes to cost-sharing or the benefits they offer. That means that grandfathered plans have disappeared. We don't have great data about how quickly this is happening in the individual market, but we do see it in this Kaiser Family Foundation survey of the employer market.

grandfathered-plans.png

These cancellations are, essentially, a lot of grandfathered plans exiting the insurance marketplace. From an insurance company's vantage point, grandfathered plans are a bit of a dead end: They can't enroll new subscribers and are really constrained in their ability to tweak the benefit package or cost-sharing structure. There's not a whole lot of business sense, for a managed care company, in maintaining a health plan that doesn't meet the health law's new requirements.

Did you read the article or make an assumption?

The part I bolded is an erroneous conclusion.

"These cancellations are, essentially, a lot of grandfathered plans exiting the insurance marketplace." Wrong. Dead wrong.

All the chart shows is that less employers are grandfathered with each passing year. And that is plain common sense. Any law which grandfathers some people will eventually have less and less people grandfathered as each year passes and people relinquish their status by going outside the law's parameters for maintaining that status.

It does not follow those same employers cancelled their insurance, and ten seconds of thinking would make this very obvious.

Look at the figure for 2011. It says there were 56% of employers who were grandfathered. At the end of 2013, it says there were 36%.

If the number of employers who were insuring their employees dropped from 56% to 36%, THAT WOULD BE BIG NEWS. It would be in all the papers. Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, et al. would be going on and on and on about it.

But that has not happened.

So the bolded part is simply wrong. They lost their grandfather status, they did not leave the marketplace.

And did Obama say..
"If you like your Employer's health plan you can keep it" NO!
Did he say..:
"If you like your individual health insurance plan you can keep it"? NO!

Very simple when Politicfact.org etc. all point out the simple fact.. THIS WAS A LIE:

'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it' Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it' | PolitiFact

1) It is cumulative percentages - so the numbers represent not each year - but the cumulative % of the combined years.
2) What this document shows is HHS estimates for the number of companies that would relinquish the grandfather status BEFORE 2014.
NOW - The Obama administration delayed the company mandates - SOOO - YES THIS REPRESENTS HHS KNEW AND WAS PLANNING ON PEOPLE LOSING THEIR COMPANY PLANS. AND THEREFORE DELAYED EMPLOYER MANDATE
Keep in mind the numbers do not represent ALL PLANS...just plans that did not meet the standards.
The Wall Street Journal and others believe the 66% is a very low number and that it is more likely 85% - 90%.

I don't usually...well I think I have only one or two times...quote myself.
But here it is again so it doesn't get lost. [MENTION=34052]g5000[/MENTION] - you are a good poster who is usually in the right - not this time.

You are incorrect. The numbers represent just what they say they represent: The number of employer plans that relinquished their grandfather status. Anything you add to that is from your own imagination or what has been fed to you by manufacturers of bullshit.

Um no. You can't sit there and define what a "subpar" plan is, g5. That's the entire problem right there. The government cannot stand there and say, "this plan is subpar" or "that plan is subpar."

The ACA has done just that very thing.

As I keep saying, the Democrats telegraphed for over a decade what they would do if they were given a chance. They were going to stage a government takeover of healthcare. The GOP could have stopped this from happening when the GOP had all the power, but instead the GOP abdicated the issue completely.

All the sound and fury the GOP is making today is theater for the rubes. We were sold down the river by the Republicans. Delivered into the Democrats' hands, with a bow and a ribbon. On a silver platter.

The rest is just figuring out what the outcome of this betrayal will be.

The outcome will be a catastrophe. ObamaCare will bankrupt the federal budget as well as most state budgets. Eventually, it will be so disastrous that the American people will cry out for single payer healthcare. Obama will be well into retirement at that point, laughing his ass off on the golf course. If I am wrong on this point, it will be that it will happen sooner than I expect.

In the interim, a whole lot of other things will happen, including those things I have predicted in this topic.

Even your own link does not say all employers who lose their grandfather status will automatically cancel insurance for their employees. Some will, some won't.

And your poll did not survey those employers who do not currently have plans to find out if they will obey the mandate and start insuring their employees.

Last edited:
Um no. You can't sit there and define what a "subpar" plan is, g5. That's the entire problem right there. The government cannot stand there and say, "this plan is subpar" or "that plan is subpar."

The ACA has done just that very thing.

As I keep saying, the Democrats telegraphed for over a decade what they would do if they were given a chance. They were going to stage a government takeover of healthcare. The GOP could have stopped this from happening when the GOP had all the power, but instead the GOP abdicated the issue completely.

All the sound and fury the GOP is making today is theater for the rubes. We were sold down the river by the Republicans. Delivered into the Democrats' hands, with a bow and a ribbon. On a silver platter.

The rest is just figuring out what the outcome of this betrayal will be.

The outcome will be a catastrophe. ObamaCare will bankrupt the federal budget as well as most state budgets. Eventually, it will be so disastrous that the American people will cry out for single payer healthcare.

In the interim, a whole lot of other things will happen, including those things I have predicted in this topic.

Even your own link does not say all employers who lose their grandfather status will automatically cancel insurance for their employees. Some will, some won't.

And your poll did not survey those employers who do not currently have plans to find out if they will obey the mandate and start insuring their employees.

Whoa.....

Some of these nuts will go from spitting at you to massaging your balls.....and then back to spitting at you after reading that post. You just gave em' hard-ons...and then whacked their dicks with a spoon.

Last edited:

Save this post.

Quote it for posterity.

You're an idiot.

You really are.

LOL, poor g YOU are one the largest partisan hacks on this board.

You're an idiot.

You really are.

LOL, poor g YOU are one the largest partisan hacks on this board.

Thanks for preserving my quote for posterity.

Would you like to wager that 93 million employees will lose their insurance? That is the root meme behind this topic.

Forum List

Back