The most educated states are all blue

Who gets a graduate degree has very little to do with the intelligence of a person. I know that you know better than this. Are they getting degrees in fields that require a graduate degree? A lot of liberal arts degrees require a masters (or PHD) to be worth anything. Take a history degree for example... You can't do much more than teach HS and maybe work as a curator at a crappy museum with a history degree. Degrees in art history are about the same. Political science? Psychology? Same thing. English majors? Same thing.

And is it surprising that an educational system which is predominantly liberal produces liberal people? What percentage of engineers and doctors are conservative/liberal/libertarians?

It is remarkable how biased people are about their political leanings and it is idiotic to throw a study like this out and act as if it means anything.

Mike

The standard answer to your question, which I took the liberty to emphasize, is 6%.

You really should drop by more often, if you did you'd know the answers to questions like that... :D

LOL. Are you saying that 94% of engineers don't care?

Mike

Nah, I'm saying there are about twenty or so threads throwing around the stat that only 6% of scientists/doctors/whatever are Republicans.

Just ask rdean, he'll tell ya...

LOL

Here are the states' rankings for graduate degree holders:

1. Washington, D.C.: 23.6 percent
2. Massachusetts: 14.5 percent
3. Maryland: 14.1 percent
4. Connecticut: 13.7 percent
5. Virginia: 12.9 percent
6. New York: 12.6 percent
7. Vermont: 12.3 percent
8. Colorado: 11.5 percent
8. New Jersey: 11.5 percent
10. New Mexico: 11.0 percent
11. Illinois: 10.6 percent
12. New Hampshire: 10.5 percent
13. Washington: 10.1 percent
13. California: 10.1 percent
15. Rhode Island: 9.9 percent

See any Red States on the list?

Starsplash: Where are all the educated people

Who gets a graduate degree has very little to do with the intelligence of a person. I know that you know better than this. Are they getting degrees in fields that require a graduate degree? A lot of liberal arts degrees require a masters (or PHD) to be worth anything. Take a history degree for example... You can't do much more than teach HS and maybe work as a curator at a crappy museum with a history degree. Degrees in art history are about the same. Political science? Psychology? Same thing. English majors? Same thing.

And is it surprising that an educational system which is predominantly liberal produces liberal people? What percentage of engineers and doctors are conservative/liberal/libertarians?

It is remarkable how biased people are about their political leanings and it is idiotic to throw a study like this out and act as if it means anything.

Mike

:eusa_shhh:

The major reason people get advanced degrees is because the undergraduate degree they hold does not make them employable.

They've worked 4 years, and the UnFair System of Capitalism will not hire them.

:confused:

Sad, really.

That's probably because they overpay for those degrees, hence more that people have them go to them. Plus I know what your trying to do (show blue states as more educated) but you fail because there are several other factors and this proves nothing.

Voting patterns of America

And what do "Liberal" children produce? More liberal bullshit?

Sure they can postulate and pontificate, but can they swing a goddamn hammer?
Fire the engines of commerce? Forge industries? Put people to work creating physical, tangible assets? Contribute to the GDP of a nation? Establish real property wealth?

Fuck no.

Ever heard of Warren Buffett?

Educate me. It's your thead.

He ain't coming back.

The standard answer to your question, which I took the liberty to emphasize, is 6%.

You really should drop by more often, if you did you'd know the answers to questions like that... :D

Mike

Nah, I'm saying there are about twenty or so threads throwing around the stat that only 6% of scientists/doctors/whatever are Republicans.

LOL

Is that the PEW poll? Yeah, the people who quote that poll are morons. Well maybe its not fair to say they are morons. You see the first line in my signature. The one about doing research? Yeah, that applies to all of the mor... err lazy people who use that quote. That poll was taken exclusively from the AAAAS. Here is their website: AAAS - The World's Largest General Scientific Society it is a political organization to advance the study of things like climate change and carbon emissions. ALL of the contacts supplied for the study came from that organization. That is kind of like saying "Attention everyone, liberal scientists belong to liberal organizations!!! Yes, we actually studied that".

It is nothing more than an idiot finding a slightly bigger megaphone.

Mike

Mike

LOL

Is that the PEW poll? Yeah, the people who quote that poll are morons. Well maybe its not fair to say they are morons. You see the first line in my signature. The one about doing research? Yeah, that applies to all of the mor... err lazy people who use that quote. That poll was taken exclusively from the AAAAS. Here is their website: AAAS - The World's Largest General Scientific Society it is a political organization to advance the study of things like climate change and carbon emissions. ALL of the contacts supplied for the study came from that organization. That is kind of like saying "Attention everyone, liberal scientists belong to liberal organizations!!! Yes, we actually studied that".

Mike

Good catch Mike.. I posted the "poll" background as a separate thread some time ago. Because like you -- the Bull detector just went nuts..

Turns out that only about 15% of the responding readership were from industry with the vast majority being university professors..

You can find the background here :: http://www.usmessageboard.com/3902701-post1.html

Didn't phase the guy at all. Happy to repeat his little fantasy OVER and OVER ad nauseum. I've developed my own special RDean filter.. Would NEVER put him on ignore. He's a reminder of why I will never vote for the candidates or issues that he pimps for..

LOL

Mike

Good catch Mike.. I posted the "poll" background as a separate thread some time ago. Because like you -- the Bull detector just went nuts..

Turns out that only about 15% of the responding readership were from industry with the vast majority being university professors..

You can find the background here :: http://www.usmessageboard.com/3902701-post1.html

Didn't phase the guy at all. Happy to repeat his little fantasy OVER and OVER ad nauseum. I've developed my own special RDean filter.. Would NEVER put him on ignore. He's a reminder of why I will never vote for the candidates or issues that he pimps for..

In the name of full disclosure I don't have a "bullshit detector". I tend to research every claim made that seems substantial. If someone I agree with says something I'll research it too. There is nothing that will prevent the advance of your ideology more than using false evidence.

Mike

Fire the engines of commerce? Forge industries? Put people to work creating physical, tangible assets? Contribute to the GDP of a nation? Establish real property wealth?

Fuck no.

Ever heard of Robert Oppenheimer?

BOOM!

Yeah, smart people don't contribute anything...right?

Republicans look at this thread and say, "Good, education is for snobs anyway".

Fuck no.

Blue collar liberal here. Journyman Millwright by trade. I can swing a goddamned hammer, and more than fire the engines of commerce, I build, repair, and maintain them.

H, that is as silly of a statement to make as stating that conservatives aren't educated. Read and enjoyed William Buckley for decades. Now, when we speak of 'Conservatives', that is a differant animal. But then, they consider Buckley to be a liberal.
You are in the service sector. So what.

OR makes a good point, and I applaud him for that. Maybe he and I are just approaching this from diffferent perspectives on the OP.

There's the school of "LAS" and the school of "Business". I spent 4 years in the school of college business studies. I also took classes in psychology, philosophy, sociology, criminology, and logic.

I chose to major in business because it is what puts people in motion- the motion of work. Work being an activity that fulfills the demand of consumers. Work that is created by the demand of consumers. I liked this field because it seemed productive.

The other disciplines seemed to be self-serving, self-absorbed, counter-productive, and non-productive as it relates to motivating other people to... work.

Work being an activity that actually creates a physical, tangible thing that in itself may result in the need for more workers.

Here's another chart in case you missed it dean.

Party Affiliation Versus Education Level | The Quantum Pontiff

Which explains politics, democrats are mostly uneducated, but then you have people that want to be in school for like 40 years, because they cant hack the real world

then you have republicans that get an education and then do something with it.

That explains a lot. Uneducated people are easily manipulated.

That explains a lot. Uneducated people are easily manipulated.

Which is why the most uneducate are democrats and advanced degrees arent that much of the population. Overall republicans are faaaar more educated than democrats and have been for.........forever. I'll be here all weekend.

Here's another chart in case you missed it dean.

Party Affiliation Versus Education Level | The Quantum Pontiff

Which explains politics, democrats are mostly uneducated, but then you have people that want to be in school for like 40 years, because they cant hack the real world

then you have republicans that get an education and then do something with it.

And how many of those degrees are a "BS" in Bible Study.

Do a little more research and then come back with something you can brag about.

(he won't be back)

I searched and searched and could find nothing conclusive that backs up Chris' lame blog post.

Most states are judged by how many bachelor degrees were received in that state. And having a bachelors degree doesn't necessarily mean you are smart. And also it doesn't mean once you receive said degree that you stay in that state making this another pointless thread by a pointless lib.

"What were Barack Obama's grades in college?

Answer:
It is difficult to say. Barack Obama has not released transcripts for his grades from Occidental College, Columbia University and Harvard Law. He has also not released his SAT and LSAT scores."

What were Barack Obama's grades in college

I searched and searched and could find nothing conclusive that backs up Chris' lame blog post.

Most states are judged by how many bachelor degrees were received in that state. And having a bachelors degree doesn't necessarily mean you are smart. And also it doesn't mean once you receive said degree that you stay in that state making this another pointless thread by a pointless lib.

Just because one has a degree doesn't necessarily mean they are the smartest or have large degrees of common sense.

All it means is that they are highly polished...but not necessarily the sharpest tools in a given drawer.

Anyone can polish a turd.

It's the elitist way to control.

Last edited:

Got a Chart that shows how many of those are Broke .....lol...

I see quite a few :)

PS, having someone graduate from Kindergarten and someone having Common Sense are two wildly different things :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back