The most accurate poll has Romney up by 5

Obama-Sheep.jpg

Polls are perfect snapshots of a moment in time.

Independent voters are what decides these things, and they don't swing and then solidify around one of the candidates until the period after Labor Day until the time of the first debate.

Rasmussen's final snapshot before election '08 was 52-46.

The President won 52.9 to McCain's 45.6.

That final snapshot happened to mirror what was actually going on out there just before the election, just as this poll now mirrors what is going on in the landscape now, which is an electorate in early May that hasn't made up its mind because they're only being introduced to Mitt Romney now on the national stage (which is a different stage than any other one he's ever been on, even with all his primary experience).

And people are fickle about the economy. They see it getting marginally better, but not as fast as we'd like it to be, and people blame Wall Street for taking all that stimulus money and then sitting on it instead of lending, and they blame government for lending Wall St. a ton of our money, only to for them to sit on it.

This poll is significant or it's an outlier since Mitt Romney hardly ever cracks 50% in any kind of poll. My gut feeling is that there are other people like me out there, but a little less evolved, who are afraid to say they're going to vote for Obama, and so they just say Romney because the idea of saying out loud that you're going to vote for a Democrat seems wrong even if your gut is telling you that there's something wrong with today's Republican party.

Mitt Romney could very well win the election, but to do so he must win Ohio and turn other states back to red, like Indiana, Virginia and North Carolina, as well as Florida.

To do that, those people need to not only feel fed-up with what they've got, but they need to be somewhat excited about the possibility of the new, and I'm sorry to have to say it, but the average Independent voter like me doesn't exactly feel fed-up with Obama and isn't very excited about Romney. That means that Obama wins. A real sea-change can be felt in the real world with real people, and I just don't see it yet, even if Rasmussen happens to show me one snapshot that says so.

This is either the start of the sea-change towards Romney, or it's just an outlier that doesn't mean squat.

One can only conclude that if you're an Obama supporter, this week has been particularly gay for the president.

>>watch the k00ks falling all over themselves posting up other polls now!!<<

I knew it way back in late '08 that Hope and Change was gay..........finally the rest of the country is coming around to it!!

Obama Has Big Likability Edge Over Romney
Nearly twice as many say Obama, rather than Romney, is more likable
by Jeffrey M. Jones

PRINCETON, NJ -- Registered voters are nearly twice as likely to say Barack Obama, rather than Mitt Romney, is the more likable of the two presidential candidates. Obama's 60% to 31% advantage on this characteristic is the largest for either candidate on five separate dimensions tested in a May 1-2 USA Today/Gallup poll.

Next, thinking about the following characteristics and qualities, please say whether you think each one applies more to Barack Obama or more to Mitt Romney. How about -- [RANDOM ORDER]? May 2012 results
See all election 2012 data >

In fact, Obama leads or statistically ties Romney on each of the five dimensions tested in the poll. He holds a significant lead on caring about the needs of people and being a strong and decisive leader. Romney's best showing is on managing the government effectively, for which he holds a slight but not statistically meaningful 46% to 43% edge over Obama.

As would be expected, Republicans see Romney as the candidate who better exemplifies each of the five positive characteristics, while Democrats choose Obama for all five. Obama's overall advantages are due to his stronger showing among independents, and slightly higher scores among Democrats than Romney receives among Republicans, on most characteristics.

Candidate Advantages on Personal Characteristics, by Political Party Affiliation, May 2012

Although Obama has the edge on most characteristics, Romney remains competitive with Obama in terms of vote preference. For the last 10 days, the two have generally been tied or within one percentage point of each other in Gallup Daily tracking of registered voters' candidate preferences.

Still, Romney's large deficit in likability is a potential concern, given that voters usually elect the candidate they like more. In each of the last five presidential elections, the candidate whose basic favorable rating was higher won the election each time. The last time Gallup measured candidate favorable ratings, Obama's favorable rating was much higher than Romney's. The two candidates' Positive Intensity Scores -- another gauge of candidate appeal that takes into account the strength of positive feeling -- are more similar.

Implications

Romney's likability deficit presents a challenge for his campaign as it attempts to shape his image with voters. The campaign can attempt to increase perceptions of Romney as a likable person, or concede that dimension to Obama and try to emphasize other aspects of Romney's character and record on which he is more competitive with Obama, such as perceived managerial competence.

The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive goals; the campaign can certainly attempt to increase Romney's likability, while also emphasizing his other, stronger characteristics in voters' eyes. The question is which strategy is likely to have the greater payoff in terms of increasing Romney's overall support among voters.

At present, Romney doesn't seem to be hurting too badly from a likability deficit, given his competitiveness with Obama in voter support. However, it is also possible Romney would be doing better versus Obama if voters found him more likable

Rass is biased

Really ?
Then why did the Rasmussen polls predict in 2008 that Obama would win?
Which he did.

Because it was SO obvious at that point, what else could they do???

the facts of the matters ...I use to debate this same question many times about Rasmussen ... they had shown McCoward up in the polling all the time ... they would take obscure ideas that really didn't have the main question which was who do you think will win ??? all the way up to a month or two in the Rasmussen polling they had shown McCoward up in the polls ... when all the other polling had Obama up in the polling I would point this out and time and time again I was told by all the other posters it was liberal pollsters and they were biased ... come to find out I was right ... our liberal so call pollsters were right with their pollsters and the Rasmussen pollsters were wrong... the problem with rassmussin is they don't take pollling across the demographic ... they poll the same area time and time again in the same republican counties strong hold ... sooooooooooo like I said... if you look at all the polsters you will find obama is leading

It's May. How the fuck you people* manage to get so whiny about a fucking poll is laughable.

Disclaimer: You people means any idiot, left or right, who's dumb enough to get bent out of shape over polls in MAY.

Real Clear Politics has Obama up by +1.3

Polls are meaningless at this point.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

I agree to some degree
I also think we need to watch the media, the truth and the spin

I keep bringing up the direction of the country poll as well as the over-all approval poll
which has been in the low 40s allot more than the hi 40s
It gives us something to discuss

Now that the bullying story has come out, watch Romney's numbers crater for a few weeks.

Real Clear Politics has Obama up by +1.3

Polls are meaningless at this point.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

I agree to some degree
I also think we need to watch the media, the truth and the spin

I keep bringing up the direction of the country poll as well as the over-all approval poll
which has been in the low 40s allot more than the hi 40s
It gives us something to discuss

Now that the bullying story has come out, watch Romney's numbers crater for a few weeks.

desperate hope

Polls are perfect snapshots of a moment in time.

Independent voters are what decides these things, and they don't swing and then solidify around one of the candidates until the period after Labor Day until the time of the first debate.

Rasmussen's final snapshot before election '08 was 52-46.

The President won 52.9 to McCain's 45.6.

That final snapshot happened to mirror what was actually going on out there just before the election, just as this poll now mirrors what is going on in the landscape now, which is an electorate in early May that hasn't made up its mind because they're only being introduced to Mitt Romney now on the national stage (which is a different stage than any other one he's ever been on, even with all his primary experience).

And people are fickle about the economy. They see it getting marginally better, but not as fast as we'd like it to be, and people blame Wall Street for taking all that stimulus money and then sitting on it instead of lending, and they blame government for lending Wall St. a ton of our money, only to for them to sit on it.

This poll is significant or it's an outlier since Mitt Romney hardly ever cracks 50% in any kind of poll. My gut feeling is that there are other people like me out there, but a little less evolved, who are afraid to say they're going to vote for Obama, and so they just say Romney because the idea of saying out loud that you're going to vote for a Democrat seems wrong even if your gut is telling you that there's something wrong with today's Republican party.

Mitt Romney could very well win the election, but to do so he must win Ohio and turn other states back to red, like Indiana, Virginia and North Carolina, as well as Florida.

To do that, those people need to not only feel fed-up with what they've got, but they need to be somewhat excited about the possibility of the new, and I'm sorry to have to say it, but the average Independent voter like me doesn't exactly feel fed-up with Obama and isn't very excited about Romney. That means that Obama wins. A real sea-change can be felt in the real world with real people, and I just don't see it yet, even if Rasmussen happens to show me one snapshot that says so.

This is either the start of the sea-change towards Romney, or it's just an outlier that doesn't mean squat.

Done with class
I think the reason Rasmussen is not liked by the left is they do a daily and they do a party-line poll 50-50
They missed Reid's victory bad, but they were not alone. Rightfully so they caught hell over that one
I live in Florida when I am not (like now) 1300 miles from home to work. Every one I know except for 2 people (out of about 10) who voted Obama will not only not vote for him, there not voting Dem in 2012, They feel they were lied too
The GOP is in trouble also. My opinion sees the public after weighing out all of the issues will elect Romney on lack of job growth along with increased spending.
The BLS is having some serious issues with the exploding number of people leaving the work force, even CBS has reported as such.

People know that the real UE rate is closer to +-15% (U-6) than 8 (U-3)

Every family I know has an issue with a family member on hard times, that is the new norm that from 83 through 07 did not exist. BHO has not fixed that issue and thats the thing that will elect Romney I truly believe (and he lies allot)

Really ?
Then why did the Rasmussen polls predict in 2008 that Obama would win?
Which he did.

Because it was SO obvious at that point, what else could they do???

the facts of the matters ...I use to debate this same question many times about Rasmussen ... they had shown McCoward up in the polling all the time ... they would take obscure ideas that really didn't have the main question which was who do you think will win ??? all the way up to a month or two in the Rasmussen polling they had shown McCoward up in the polls ... when all the other polling had Obama up in the polling I would point this out and time and time again I was told by all the other posters it was liberal pollsters and they were biased ... come to find out I was right ... our liberal so call pollsters were right with their pollsters and the Rasmussen pollsters were wrong... the problem with rassmussin is they don't take pollling across the demographic ... they poll the same area time and time again in the same republican counties strong hold ... sooooooooooo like I said... if you look at all the polsters you will find obama is leading

That is code for they sample 50-50 unlike A.P.
Latest AP Poll Sample Skews to Democrats by 17 Points - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

But then you get to the party ID: 46 percent identify as Democrat or leaning Democrat, 29 percent identify as Republican or leaning Republican, 4 percent identify as purely independent leaning towards neither party, and 20 percent answered, “I don’t know.”

For contrast, the AP’s immediate preceding poll was 45 percent Democrat, 33 percent Republican; the likely-voter pool in October 2010 was 43 percent Democrat, 48 percent Republican. The poll’s total sample in October 2010 split 43 percent Democrat, 40 percent Republican.

With a poll sample that has a 17-percentage-point margin in favor of the Democrats, is anyone surprised that these results look like a David Axelrod dream?

You really want to know how Rasmussen did?
From there own web site, good reading that ABC/Post will not be doing

Election 2010: How Did We Do? - Rasmussen Reports™

Forum List

Back