The Millenium Trilogy (books & movies)

Sodafin

Dec 17, 2009
Helsinki, Finland
I have seen any discussion on these yet, but for anyone who hasn't read or heard about the Millenium Trilogy yet, I can't recommend them highly enough. They've been absolutely massive around the world, but may not have reached the US yet, I'm not sure.

For the uninitiated, the Millenium trilogy is a series of books (and now movies) by Swedish journalist Steig Larsson, whose lead character is a disfunctional lesbian computer hacker who spends much of her life in an asylum, and the other half battling a rapist lawyer, her psychotic father and the Swedish secret police.

Having read, and loved, all of the books, we saw the movie of Part Three last night, and thought it was the best of the 3 movies, the only one which actually is as good as the books.

I'm curious as to what other people thought of them.

I think from your review, I think I would prefer spending time getting a root canal and a barium enema rather than read/watch any of that.

I think from your review, I think I would prefer spending time getting a root canal and a barium enema rather than read/watch any of that.

Why do you say that?

Given The Millenium Trilogy is one of the most popular, and most critically-acclaimed - works of its kind in recent years, I would have thought most people would be at least a little curious about them.

Or do you only see movies made in Hollywood?

Dysfunctional lesbian computer hackers....... That speaks volumes.... that will remain closed.

I don't watch stuff out of hollywood. I prefer Korean stuff. It is my opinion that the Japanese and the Koreans are poised to do to Hollywood what they did to Detroit... they turn out a better product made at a cheaper price.

Dysfunctional lesbian computer hackers....... That speaks volumes....

It may say more about you than it does about the books, I suspect.

I don't recall the last time a series of books achieved both the mass market popularity and the critical acclaim these books have, and in so many different countries - I think most people who are at all open minded will be curious about them.

Forum List

Back