The methods of conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by DKSuddeth
not everybodies morals are exactly the same, everyone is an INDIVIDUAL, or do we throw that out because it fucks up our individual rights argument?

therefore, compromise is the only thing you have left besides killing off the other side.

True. What is the rule of law itself but a series of moral assertions, arrived at through arduous discussion, a mutual desire for fairness and justice (we hope), and, yes-compromise.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Compromise is not the highest moral good.

I guess by that you mean some principles or beliefs are uncompromisable.
Very good point. With regards to slavery for example.
Nevertheless, in politics as in life, never understimate the power of compromising.
IMO.

Originally posted by winston churchi
The problem with that to me is....take a major company in America...you have skills to perform this job and you can turn it around to a massive profit, but instead they hire an eighteen year old fresh out of school because they are neighbors to the h.r. dept. head....or someone owes someone a favour...or whatever the reason...you are frustrated? They didn't hire fairly, they never do anymore...how many jobs do these days? They hire based on the dumbest reasons...perhaps the interviewee reminded them of themselves???
At anyrate, my argument is that - companies dont hire the best person for the job....

Good point.
Nevermind affirmative action, how about losing out on a job to someone because HE is good friends with the boss or SHE looks like she gives a good blowjob? No disrespect to women, but this is how guys can think.

How many jobs are found through the paper? Less than 10% I'd hazard to guess. Most jobs are obtained because someone knows somebody. It seems to me if someone is willing to work, Heaven forbid, there should be a job out there for him. This is not always the case though.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
not everybodies morals are exactly the same, everyone is an INDIVIDUAL, or do we throw that out because it fucks up our individual rights argument?

therefore, compromise is the only thing you have left besides killing off the other side.

Is it not possible to stand ones ground? I believe there are still options besides compromise and besides "killing off the other side."

This is why there are so many lawyers :puke3:

Originally posted by nycflasher
Good point.
Nevermind affirmative action, how about losing out on a job to someone because HE is good friends with the boss or SHE looks like she gives a good blowjob? No disrespect to women, but this is how guys can think.

No. Not true.
How many jobs are found through the paper? Less than 10% I'd hazard to guess. Most jobs are obtained because someone knows somebody. It seems to me if someone is willing to work, Heaven forbid, there should be a job out there for him. This is not always the case though.

Should should should . I should be king.

Maybe they're not IN SOCIETY, but they are BY THE POLICY. I just think race based discrimination is always bad.

We needed to go through the civil rights movement when we did. And gueess what, we decided raced based discrimination was wrong.

Wow, what a thread.

You're so jealous you can't see straight.

You guys are really going at it.

I am trying so hard to not hate libs, but when I see Kerry spout untrue sladerous filth about our good Presdient, that sets me off. Wow RWA, I think you're more conservative than me.:D

Originally posted by Gop guy
You guys are really going at it.

I am trying so hard to not hate libs, but when I see Kerry spout untrue sladerous filth about our good Presdient, that sets me off. Wow RWA, I think you're more conservative than me.:D

Could be! Are you madly in love with Ann Coulter? I am. I'll never have her.:(

Could be! Are you madly in love with Ann Coulter? I am. I'll never have her.:(

Although, i heard she's a hard drinker, smoker, and treats men like kleenex. I don't care. Abuse me, Ann. Sweet ann.

No. Not true.

Should should should . I should be king.

RWA, come on, try and make a point if you are going to bother to quote me.
You do yourself no service with this hypocrisy.
On the one hand, you go on and on ad nauseum railing against AA. Fine. But then you disagree with me when I say that there are other types of discrimination in the workplace? I don't know why we even bother to discuss things with YOU. I mean, that's common knowledge.

Secondly, you should be silenced. I should be king ;-)

piginally posted by nycflasher [/i]
RWA, come on, try and make a point if you are going to bother to quote me.
You do yourself no service with this hypocrisy.
On the one hand, you go on and on ad nauseum railing against AA. Fine. But then you disagree with me when I say that there are other types of discrimination in the workplace? I don't know why we even bother to discuss things with YOU. I mean, that's common knowledge.

Secondly, you should be silenced. I should be king ;-)

hypocrisy?

Sorry you didn't understand the zen-like wisdom of my post.

hypocrisy?

Sorry you didn't understand the zen-like wisdom of my post.

Oh my gosh, pray tell. What of anything you ever say is Zen-like?
I gotta hear this...

You are the king of the one-liner. The BS one-liner.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Good point.

The most annoying thing companies do, and they DO this...is post that a certain position is open for all to apply...what they will NEVER tell you is that they already hired someone for this job...they interviewed and hired someone , be it an outsider or a person already in the company..this is all hush hush because they are obligated to go through all the politics...you apply ..you have worked very hard for this company and you deserve a shot at this job....you take time off and interview on your day off, you might even get a second interview...for what? For nothing! They never had the intention of hiring you or any other qualified person...So what harm does aa effect if the government says you need to hire so many of this person?...it doesnt does it?

Originally posted by winston churchi
The most annoying thing companies do, and they DO this...is post that a certain position is open for all to apply...what they will NEVER tell you is that they already hired someone for this job...they interviewed and hired someone , be it an outsider or a person already in the company..this is all hush hush because they are obligated to go through all the politics...you apply ..you have worked very hard for this company and you deserve a shot at this job....you take time off and interview on your day off, you might even get a second interview...for what? For nothing! They never had the intention of hiring you or any other qualified person...So what harm does aa effect if the government says you need to hire so many of this person?...it doesnt does it?

That's annoying. Still doesn't justify racial discrimination in any way.

Would you compromise with someone who thought murder shouldn't be illegal?

Ok severe beatings are illegal but not murder! Everybody wins!

just like an extremist. :rolleyes:

Good Evening All,

How many times have you started browsing through the topics, see 1 and go "oh shit that guys is nuts/a zionist/an asshole/ a neocon/a nazi/racist/whatever" and instantly jump down their throat because you disagree with them? I'm guilty, and I haven't even been here that long. I'm also extremely sarcastic which doesn't help. I started posting here because there seemed to be a more mature (for lack of a better word) group of people here. I think as a person gets older, they start to get wiser if they are lucky.

When I was younger I questioned everything, saw some conspiracys around some corners and my thought process was all over the place as I tried to label myself. A lot of my thinking has changed over the years as I've gotten older and maybe wiser. My core beliefs are basically the same, and I don't really consider myself a conservative or a liberal. For me it depends on the issue at hand.

I think 2 people can agree to disagree and move forward from there. It's obvious to me that OCA and RWA both have very strong opinions vis a vis AA. I don't think either will convince the other to see it from their own point of view. Is that really a bad thing that they don't agree? I don't know (or really care for that matter:p: ) but both of these guys bring a different perspective to the board. To write either one of them off because you don't agree with them may close your mind to something you may not have considered previously.

Sometimes someone will post something that I think is totally assinine. I call them on it and try to question their logic to see how they got to that line of thinking. If the response I get is "you're just a nut/zionist/asshole/libby/neocon/ nazi/racist/whatever" and no real answer, I give up on them and move on. I think you really have to consider the context that the post is presented in. The person who posts "Bush is an idiot" and runs away or posts a bunch of crap that is recycled from the Yahoo board is probably not going to listen to reason. You have to try once or twice to engage them. If they can't carry on a decent conversation what's the point? Life is too short .

Most people here must feel very passionate about certain issues, or they wouldn't be spending time reading and replying to posts on here. I have given nasty over the top replies to somebody in 1 thread, and agreed with them on another thread. The whole goal (for me anyhow) is to learn and see what other people think about certain things.

It doesn't take long if you are observant to see what threads to avoid, and which posters you'll never agree with.

Flame away if you feel the need
:flameth: :bat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back