The Media And Its "Lies"

liebuster

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2010
If you were to look at USMB media section, it is filled with threads about how pundits
and news orgs "Lie" and get information wrong. The people posting these threads
usually assume that its only the "other side" that lies or distorts facts. The fact is ALL
OF THE MEDIA GETS IT WRONG FROM TIME TO TIME. Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN
get it wrong all the time and run stories that are not true.

For instance Maddow using fake quotes of Rush Limbaugh(CNN ran these quotes also)
Flashback: MSNBC?s Rachel Maddow Touted False Limbaugh Quote in June | NewsBusters.org

Or Sean Hannity about the 200 million $$$ a day trip of Obama
Hannity: "$200 million a day, 3,000 people, he needs the whole Taj Mahal hotel, why?"* | Media Matters for America

Or Keith Olbermann's constant barage on Fox news

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpPesCjgGzM&feature=related[/ame]

Here's my point. THEY ALL GET FACTS WRONG!!!!! THEY ALSO GETS FACTS RIGHT!!!!!
Lets all stop playing this stupid "your guy lies more than my guy" game and lets prove their statements right or wrong whether its coming from the Right or the Left.

On a side note, I would like to point out that MSNBC CONSTANTLY accuses
Fox News of "lying" while at the same time doing the same thing themselves. They
can't go a single day with out tearing into Fox News like they are intentionally lying
about things. In my opinion they are on a whole different level of arrogance when
it comes to accusing news orgs of "lying" They get it wrong just as often as Fox.

I have said this often on the forum. I find it interesting how many will accept a 'misspeak' from their own side.... and scream like baby banshees if the 'other side' "lies". It's a double standard that I find very shallow.

The news outlet I follow most religiously is my hometown paper's website, The Plain Dealer/cleveland.com. Judging by the hourly uploads, this is a burdensome 24 hour cycle -- these people are meeting 24 deadlines a day, not just 1. I can tell from the glaring spelling and grammar errors in the occassional headline, there's a need to "feed the beast" that frequently outstrips the editorial process.

I trust the Plain Dealer most when it does a lengthy, in-depth investigative piece (a style of journalism it excels at) or when it reguritates the AP stories. It is less reliable as to local, breaking news but I know they try very hard and when they make an error, they correct it.

Local and national television news is just so much junk. I still watch "PBS's News Hour" because no one on the show screams at the viewers, but there is no story that television can adequately cover in a 2 minute segment; the world is more complex than that.

Forum List

Back