PBS says cut Tina Fey remarks on Sarah Palin not because of politics

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
Though they were all political broadsides...

Think of it as the Juan Williams dividend.

Tina Fey's Sarah Palin Remarks Cut by PBS | PopEater.com

The specific "snips" Fey's speech incurred are apt to raise eyebrows, though. Read on.

Tina Fey thanked Sarah Palin for her own comedic success, referencing a recurring, dead-on impression on 'Saturday Night Live' during the 2008 election (pictured, below right). "I would be a liar and an idiot if I didn't thank Sarah Palin for helping get me here tonight," Fey said. "My partial resemblance and her crazy voice are the two luckiest things that ever happened to me."

Then she forged ahead to more brazenly anti-Palin territory: "Politics aside, the success of Sarah Palin and women like her is good for all women ... unless you're a gay woman who wants to marry your partner of 20 years -- whatever. But for most women, the success of conservative women is good for all of us. Unless you believe in evolution. You know, actually, I take it back. The whole thing's a disaster."

Censorship is not good no who benefits from it.

Juan Williams should not have been canned for honest remarks (Even though I think his remarks were silly) and Tina Fey should not have her remarks bowdlerized because people like me might take offense.

It looks like PBS is becoming Tweety Farm, full of chickens looking for a way out.

PBS is trying to save their ass. They know all that juicy, freebie government money could very well disappear now that a lot of their liberal friends just got kicked to the curb. They think dialing back their shitty conservative bashing might help them keep their money.

• Banned
Censorship is not good no who benefits from it.

Juan Williams should not have been canned for honest remarks (Even though I think his remarks were silly) and Tina Fey should not have her remarks bowdlerized because people like me might take offense.

It looks like PBS is becoming Tweety Farm, full of chickens looking for a way out.

The public broadcasting cabal dug its own shit hole by creating a standard it can't possibly live by.

If it spends all its time dealing with infighting about this stuff and pissing off its own base, that's good enough for me.

Forum List

Back