The Lottery

I gave the Lottery agent $100 because he said he could give me a winning ticket for the Powerball drawing.It might not
give me the jackpot but it will get me some big bucks....I just had to promise him that I would
give him 25% of my winnings....

So I've got that going for me....

Cha Ching
Cha Ching.

With the jackpot $700 million and in New York some of that goes to education
the schools should be in good shape.....

Yeah right.

I gave the Lottery agent $100 because he said he could give me a winning ticket for the Powerball drawing.It might not
give me the jackpot but it will get me some big bucks....I just had to promise him that I would

Cha Ching
Cha Ching.

Yeah right.
Each time you buy a ticket, it "could" be a winner.......or not.

Lotteries: America's $70 Billion Shame

Couldn't the lottery pay off the national debt?

Depends on which nation you are talking about. I'm sure you could put a sizable dent in the debt of some.

Q&A: 10 things to know as record $800M Powerball looms
Q&A: 10 things to know as record $800M Powerball looms
How does your $800 million win measure up?
Well, it's more than the gross domestic product of about a dozen nations. According to 2014 figures from the World Bank, that means you would have more money – before taxes (and maybe after) than:

• Samoa ($800 million GDP)
  • St. Vincent and the Grenadines ($729 million GDP)
  • Comoros ($624 million GDP)
  • Dominica ($524 million GDP)
  • Tonga ($434 million GDP)
  • Sao Tome and Principe ($337 million GDP)
  • Micronesia ($318 million GDP)
  • Palau ($251 million GDP)
  • Marshall Islands ($187 million GDP)
  • Kiribati ($167 million GDP)
  • Tuvalu ($38 million GDP)
By the way, all except Dominica, Comoros, Sao Tome and Principe, and St. Vincent and the Grenadines are tiny nations in the Pacific. Dominica, Sao Tome and Principe, and St. Vincent and the Grenadines are tiny nations in the Atlantic. Comoros is a tiny nation in the Indian Ocean. If the ticket-buying frenzy is particularly fierce, the winnings could even exceed that of Vanuatu, which had a GDP of $815 million in 2014, according to the World Bank. It also is a tiny nation in the Pacific.

Cha Ching
Cha Ching.

Yeah right.

You've only got something going for you if you see that guy with your lotto tickets in the next 25 hours. If not, I doubt you'll ever see you're 800 million.

Unless, is this Lottery Agent your brother?

Forum List

Back