The Looters

Yeah, I saw the news interview a few people who b****ing about how they arent getting what they are entitlted to fast enough. Well if they think they are entitled to anything, I think they already received it. I don't understand how people can survive such destruction and be so ungrateful for what they have and what people are willing to do help them.
I'm have never seen so many ignorant people at one place in my life. Combine that with starvation,thirst,desperation and guns. Now the gangs are shooting at helicopters and search and rescue teams. These folks don't need rescuing--the army is going to have to hunt down this element like terrorists and shoot them on sight. Kartina has flushed out the worst of New Orleans who are now preventing everyone else from getting help. They don't deserve to be even called Americans. Shoot to kill.

dilloduck said:
I'm have never seen so many ignorant people at one place in my life. Combine that with starvation,thirst,desperation and guns. Now the gangs are shooting at helicopters and search and rescue teams. These folks don't need rescuing--the army is going to have to hunt down this element like terrorists and shoot them on sight. Kartina has flushed out the worst of New Orleans who are now preventing everyone else from getting help. They don't deserve to be even called Americans. Shoot to kill.

I mentioned this in my on thread, but I am curious is this like a mini civil war now since American citizens have fired upon the army. I mean that is who the search and rescue people are: the military. I hope it doesn't get further out of hand.

I mentioned this in my on thread, but I am curious is this like a mini civil war now since American citizens have fired upon the army. I mean that is who the search and rescue people are: the military. I hope it doesn't get further out of hand.

I find it ironic that the Sheehan witch was bitching that Bush should bring homes the troops to help in New Orleans. Now there's a good chance of them getting killed there too. What a maroon. :fu2:

If I was search and rescue, I'd pack a personally owned, high powered rifle with me. Anyone that shot at me or mine would get relief supplies to the tune of a few ounces of lead right between the eyes. Let the brass sort out the PR; the scumbag's going down.

Hobbit said:
If I was search and rescue, I'd pack a personally owned, high powered rifle with me. Anyone that shot at me or mine would get relief supplies to the tune of a few ounces of lead right between the eyes. Let the brass sort out the PR; the scumbag's going down.
Actually, a 12 gauge pump would probably be better for that sort of work...and may even be effective against cotton mouths which are probably cruising around by now.

William Joyce said:

Give me my 8 dollars:

capt.wxs11908310010.hurricane_katrina_wxs119.jpg

Actually, I could understand the guns. If things are getting that bad id probably want a gun myself.

The problem is the people who have the guns are using them to shoot at the police.

I used to live in the city and when the news mentions that Algiers isn't underwater people should know that this is the poorest area of the city proper and where the gov. housing is located. The people looting have somewhere to go back to that isn't underwater.

A police station up the hill from a housing project in Algiers had to put in bullet proof windows years ago because people were taking pot shots at the police in the building. Real nice group of people.

canavar said:

That's easy:

Jack Stokes, AP's director of media relations, confirmed today that [photographer Dave] Martin says he witnessed the people in his images looting a grocery store. "He saw the person go into the shop and take the goods," Stokes said, "and that's why he wrote 'looting' in the caption."

Regarding the AFP/Getty "finding" photo by [photographer Chris] Graythen, Getty spokeswoman Bridget Russel said, "This is obviously a big tragedy down there, so we're being careful with how we credit these photos." Russel said that Graythen had discussed the image in question with his editor and that if Graythen didn't witness the two people in the image in the act of looting, then he couldn't say they were looting.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/katrina/looters.asp

dilloduck said:
I guess it depends on if the writer asked the people how they got their food or not. If he didn't, i'd say it was pretty racist. How are people over in Turkey reacting to our situation?

as i said before in another thread, this is disastrous...

in Turkey we did not really get the whole situation untill today...
we thought that this was a regular Hurricane as it hits USA constantly.

but now seeing and knowing that this was an unseen-before catastrophy for USA televisions showing these regions live. we thought Super-Power USA would make it on its own, as you have experience with Hurricanes.
We did not get the real situation. but now we know that this is dramatic.
whole New orleans is gone.

in turkish newspaper there are request to help this people by spendings as american people did when earthquake hit turkey in 1990s.

this real shit what mother earth doing. also 2 turks missing in this region our television says.

i hope you will get to manage this situation soon beforer this will be outbreaking some illness typhus, kolera and so on...
seeing those man steeling and chaos is really sad.

perhaps this catastrophy will get manage that america comes to the worlds again a little bit closer. this was not sarcastic meant by saying so.

and with the link in my previous post i did not want to offend you and the people of america.

canavar said:
as i said before in another thread, this is disastrous...

in Turkey we did not really get the whole situation untill today...
we thought that this was a regular Hurricane as it hits USA constantly.

but now seeing and knowing that this was an unseen-before catastrophy for USA televisions showing these regions live. we thought Super-Power USA would make it on its own, as you have experience with Hurricanes.
We did not get the real situation. but now we know that this is dramatic.
whole New orleans is gone.

in turkish newspaper there are request to help this people by spendings as american people did when earthquake hit turkey in 1990s.

this real shit what mother earth doing. also 2 turks missing in this region our television says.

i hope you will get to manage this situation soon beforer this will be outbreaking some illness typhus, kolera and so on...
seeing those man steeling and chaos is really sad.

perhaps this catastrophy will get manage that america comes to the worlds again a little bit closer. this was not sarcastic meant by saying so.

and with the link in my previous post i did not want to offend you and the people of america.

Thank you for your kind words. And no offense taken. It is wonderful that your papers are asking for donations to help out the people in LA and MS. It is a tragedy.

Unfortunately, especially here in the U.S., there are my people who find the smallest offense to the most non-descript then. In the south, the expression -ya'll - pronounced - yall - means you all. I have seen black city and county political leaders take exception to anybody white using the phrase ya'll because they think it is racist...as in, YOU all...with YOU meaning black.

I live in Memphis, Tennessee - very south here. Good grief.

It all falls into the "Why isn't there a White History Month?", "Where is "White Entertainment Television" and the ever popular "United White People College Fund."

When white people do it, it's racist. When African Americans do it, it's acceptable.

GotZoom said:
I think I know where you are going with this. According to the U.S. Census statistics (year 2000), the city of New Orleans was made up of 67% African American and 28% Caucasian.

http://neworleans.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm

Based on that, it would be logical to assume that there is a bigger chance of a looter being African American than Caucasian.

But, if you aren't referring to race, then I apologize.

You could be referring to the looters being actually from New Orleans, a certain religion, or, according to some reports, being police officers.

BTW, there is letigimate looting going on. There are police officers who are "looting" first aid equipment, water, etc to give to any survivors they should come up on.

But there have been reports of police officers loading computers into shopping carts and walking away too.

And I'm with Dillo, if I lived there, and I had a family starving, I'd be looting too - food, water, etc. Not blue jeans and DVDs.

Not surprising they are among the looters...I worked there on TDY back in the Early eightees...on drug interdiction...they were classifed by the Feds as being in the top ten for corruption...I see they have not changed over the years! :firing:

thank you for telling me more details about the society situation in this countries.
you americans should hold together only so you can manage to get out of this situation.

other "you" and "ya'll" dramatizations will divorce you and the situation needs not this handling.

But it is good now that Military police is comeing to these areas to make law what it is --> law.
you should build New orleans more shiny again than it was before same as you going to do with New York.

and watch the world. by these situation (catastrophy) you will see who is anti-americanistic even in such times.

canavar said:
thank you for telling me more details about the society situation in this countries.
you americans should hold together only so you can manage to get out of this situation.

other "you" and "ya'll" dramatizations will divorce you and the situation needs not this handling.

But it is good now that Military police is comeing to these areas to make law what it is --> law.
you should build New orleans more shiny again than it was before same as you going to do with New York.

and watch the world. by these situation (catastrophy) you will see who is anti-americanistic even in such times.

I'm glad the networks overseas are getting the story out.

I don't know if we can rebuild New Orleans. The city is built below sea level and the water is kept out with levees (dykes), it has always had a problem with flooding. The water in the city now is caused because one of the levees broke and the Lake poured into the city, with the pumps not working there is no way to get the water out.

They say it may take months to get all of the water pumped out of the city. It's a tragedy because the city is home to 500,000 people. It's to bad, I used to live there, it's a wonderful city.

Forum List

Back