The Lie That Romney Isn't As Likable As Obama

Personally, I'll take intellect over likability. I'd rather a smart guy run the country than a nice guy. By all accounts, Bush was a nice guy... clusterfuck of a President.

Apples and oranges.

Whether he is or isn't a better man has nothing to do with charisma. Romneys issue with being stiff and unapproachable has been around looooong before he even knew the name Obama. It is what it is *shrug* better coverage by the media can help mask it, but really it's not a magic wand, it can't totally hide the problem.

So you put more stock in a false image than you do success.

Noted.

Obama is stiff and unapproachable. One only has to attend a press conference to discover this.

:rolleyes:

If you want to argue that the press has been out to get Romney for the last 30 years, go right ahead.

I'm nearly pointing out that your personal view of him doesn't change the fact that most people would say Obama is more charismatic.

Oh please, please please like me. :lol: Whenever you doubt that republicans are a party of the trivial someone always comes along to clear up your doubt. Pleeezzzzzz....

This whole likability debate is silly because people don't really know the real Romney or Obama but for different reasons. Romney is a very reserved and private person which keeps most people from really knowing him Obama is a very practiced and polished person who has one face he shows everyone in public which is like a mask to me then there is the private Obama the one we don't see when the cameras are gone and the mask comes off. This begs the question how can you really like or dislike someone when you don't really know who they are?

Apples and oranges.

Whether he is or isn't a better man has nothing to do with charisma. Romneys issue with being stiff and unapproachable has been around looooong before he even knew the name Obama. It is what it is *shrug* better coverage by the media can help mask it, but really it's not a magic wand, it can't totally hide the problem.

Noted.

Obama is stiff and unapproachable. One only has to attend a press conference to discover this.

If you want to argue that the press has been out to get Romney for the last 30 years, go right ahead.

I'm nearly pointing out that your personal view of him doesn't change the fact that most people would say Obama is more charismatic.

Obama is an actor on the stage. Nothing about him that you see is real. This is why he needs a teleprompter. When he goes off teleprompter the real Obama is often revealed. The Dems picked him because they felt he could relate to people. Problem is he has a lot of baggage to go with it. They and the media have a full time job trying to keep him from being exposed.

Oh, and the media obviously was out to get Romney when he went overseas. They nick-picked his every word. They made up most of the conflict he had with the Brits. They edit his interviews to make his responses appear one way or another. On the other hand the media films Obama's interviews and the whole thing is simply a production. The media makes suggestions before hand and even edit his responses when they feel they aren't palatable. This is a fact.

Last edited:
Personally, I'll take intellect over likability. I'd rather a smart guy run the country than a nice guy. By all accounts, Bush was a nice guy... clusterfuck of a President.

Oh NOW you admitt that?

Then why do you still blame Obama for what Bush did?

So, you don't like Obama therefore Romney is "more likable":rolleyes:

That's not the way this works. Romney has always had issues connecting with voters, he can overcome it but just because you like him doesn't make the issue go away.

The media refuses to tell the public who Romney really is.

They also refuse to tell the public who Obama really is.

I know Mitt is a better man. I don't care if I like him or not. The choice is obvious.

Obama isn't a hard worker and we need a hard worker in the Oval Office. Romney is a proven hard worker. He gets results. Obama doesn't, unless you feel perpetual recession is good.

Liar. Romney refuses to tell who Romney is. You are so full of shit.

Noted.

Obama is an actor on the stage. Nothing about him that you see is real. This is why he needs a teleprompter. When he goes off teleprompter the real Obama is often revealed. The Dems picked him because they felt he could relate to people. Problem is he has a lot of baggage to go with it. They and the media have a full time job trying to keep him from being exposed.

Oh, and the media obviously was out to get Romney when he went overseas. The nick-picked his every word. They made up most of the conflict he had with the Brits. They edit his interviews to make his responses appear one way or another. On the other hand the media films Obama's interviews and the whole thing is simply a production. The media makes suggestions before hand and even edit his responses when they feel they aren't palatable. This is a fact.

This is not the first time you have used that term. Would you care to tell us what it means?

I understand Jimmy Carter is quite a nice, friendly, affable guy in person. 'Nuff said.

I'm looking for a President, not a drinking buddy. What the hell do I care if I would want to hang out with the guy for the day, since it's not like I'm ever going to be given the opportunity?

Oh, and the media obviously was out to get Romney when he went overseas. The nick-picked his every word. They made up most of the conflict he had with the Brits. They edit his interviews to make his responses appear one way or another. On the other hand the media films Obama's interviews and the whole thing is simply a production. The media makes suggestions before hand and even edit his responses when they feel they aren't palatable. This is a fact.

This is not the first time you have used that term. Would you care to tell us what it means?

Nit-picky

nit-picky
World English Dictionary
nit-picky

— adj
informal tending to raise petty objections; pernickety

- intentionally being overly critical.

Main Entry: nitpicky Part of Speech: adj Definition: overly critical, esp. on trivial matters; focused on only trivial aspects

I understand Jimmy Carter is quite a nice, friendly, affable guy in person. 'Nuff said.

I'm looking for a President, not a drinking buddy. What the hell do I care if I would want to hang out with the guy for the day, since it's not like I'm ever going to be given the opportunity?

I talked to a guy that worked in White House communications during the Ford and Carter Administrations.

He told me that Gerald Ford was friendly and affable. When he walked to the West Wing he would say good morning and shake people's hands.

He also said when Jimmy Carter was elected the difference was stark. When he walked down the hall it was like a cold-wind. Nobody spoke unless spoken to first. Jimmy Carter often would carry a briefcase to Marine one trying to look like a man who does the menial things......then once the cameras were off he'd drop the briefcase and tell someone to pick it up and carry it for him. He's an old Southern Democrat plantation owner who's used to being the big-shot in town.

I talked to a guy that worked in White House communications during the Ford and Carter Administrations.

He told me that Gerald Ford was friendly and affable. When he walked to the West Wing he would say good morning and shake people's hands.

He also said when Jimmy Carter was elected the difference was stark. When he walked down the hall it was like a cold-wind. Nobody spoke unless spoken to first. Jimmy Carter often would carry a briefcase to Marine one trying to look like a man who does the menial things......then once the cameras were off he'd drop the briefcase and tell someone to pick it up and carry it for him. He's an old Southern Democrat plantation owner who's used to being the big-shot in town.

Huh. Interesting. Which just goes to show you how frigging meaningless public impressions of "likable" are.

Huh. Interesting. Which just goes to show you how frigging meaningless public impressions of "likable" are.

I was very surprised when he told me this. Course it sort of fits looking at Carter's background and his conduct since leaving office.

Looks like Newsweek is bailing on Obama......

1345413183554.cached.jpg

We keep hearing that Obama is supposedly likable and Mitt Romney isn't.

This is a total media fabrication.

How can a stuck up asshole like Obama be more likable than a kind caring individual like Mitt Romney? Well, simple. People keep repeating this falsehood and the more they repeat it the more real it becomes.

This is a tactic originated by former Regulatory czar Cass Sunstein. It's a tactic called "Availability Cascades", or in layman's terms, repeat a lie often enough and it becomes a self-fulfilling proposition.

Guy, if Mitt Romney was "likeable"... he wouldn't have found himself trailing at various points in the GOP selection process.

Mike Huckabee
Sarah Palin
Rick Perry
Herman Cain
Newt Gingrich
Rick Santorum

The fact is, even Republicans didn't like him all that much.

And there's a big difference between "Like this guy and will go to the wall for him" and "Well, he's better than the other guy!"

Noted.

Obama is an actor on the stage. Nothing about him that you see is real. This is why he needs a teleprompter.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5BE9_x7xTo]Obama Faces GOP On Its Talking Points - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back