The left's thanksgiving prayers?

acts

Rookie
Jul 29, 2009
Do you suppose they will thank the good lord for allowing Obamacare to pay for abortions? The apology tour? The deficit? The job numbers? The tax hikes? The housing debacle? The government takeover of the automobile industry? The bows to foreigners? The NYC trial of terrorists? The dithering on Afghanistan? Throwing allies under the bus? The political correctness that could have very well have led to the terrorist attack at Ft Hood. The list is almost endless.

Sure be interesting to be at a lefty thanksgiving table just for the prayers. Might lose one's appetite and their prayer might take longer than the dinner.

Do you suppose they will thank the good lord for allowing Obamacare to pay for abortions? The apology tour? The deficit? The job numbers? The tax hikes? The housing debacle? The government takeover of the automobile industry? The bows to foreigners? The NYC trial of terrorists? The dithering on Afghanistan? Throwing allies under the bus? The political correctness that could have very well have led to the terrorist attack at Ft Hood. The list is almost endless.

Sure be interesting to be at a lefty thanksgiving table just for the prayers. Might lose one's appetite and their prayer might take longer than the dinner.

Dear baby Jesus in his mother's arms in a stable in bethleham:

Thank heavens Bush isn't president anymore. I'm thankful that I still have a job, and have found a way to thaw my turkey faster than in the refrigerator, since I already missed that deadline. I'm also thankful that my parents won't be joining us this year, so we can have wine with dinner. I'm thankful that my boyfriend is here, safe and sound, instead of in Tikrit, where he celebrated Thanksgiving in 2006. I think that any of us who love military personnel are thankful that we will be out of that hellhole within the next 2-3 years, so that soon our loved ones won't have to be placed in harm's way for an ill-fated war without a game plan. I'm thankful that my family has shelter, health insurance, and food on the table, and I pray for those who are crippled by medical problems they can't afford to heal, for those who've lost their homes over the past 2 years of financial meltdowns, and for those who can't afford to put dinner on the table. I pray for those who are living in war zones, who are separated from their families by thousands of miles, and for those who have lost loved ones to the eternal and ever-fruitful wars between the different fundamentalist faiths. Please be with them, and comfort them. Please also be with my friends overseas, who do not have the comforts I take for granted.

Love,

Catz

Last edited:
I am thankful that I can understand facts, the real definitions of words and dont have to deny reality to retain my political jbeliefs.

Dear Lord...if you could arrange for Hillary to be away even more in the coming year ah'd really really appreciate it and, oh, um...could you maybe figure out a way to have that woman, Ms. Lewinsky, made aware each time she leaves town? Ah'd be sooo thankful, Lordy, ah truly would.

Real "lefites" will be found at St. Anthony's dinning room and similar charities across our nation serving food donated by lefties, liberals and progressives. Real lefties have been collecting warm coasts to donate to charities to keep the homeless warm.
Say your prayers acts, but God measures our life in acts not words (maybe you should change your 'name' - I have a suggestion or two). How about "troll acting out self righteous and partisan bull shit"?

Last edited:
The political correctness that could have very well have led to the terrorist attack at Ft Hood.

Since the right wing is now attacking the United States military, as it is a attack when you can say that the United States military had, and has terrorists within their ranks all the way into the officer core of the military. As someone from the left, I have no objection with the right wing attacking their most powerful political base with charges of terrorists within the United States military.

Real "lefites" will be found at St. Anthony's dinning room and similar charities across our nation serving food donated by lefties, liberals and progressives. Real lefties have been collecting warm coasts to donate to charities to keep the homeless warm.
Say your prayers acts, but God measures our life in acts not words (maybe you should change your 'name' - I have a suggestion or two). How about "troll acting out self righteous and partisan bull shit"?

Ahhh.. lest you forget the donations of such things by 'real righties' as well.. and the fact that conservatives, republicans, and other non-'lefties' contribute a lot to charities..

You could possibly be proud of the fact that 'real lefties' try to wield power to force donations to causes they deem righteous, or at least causes that can help gain votes.. because it is real easy to be generous and charitable with the money of others

Ahhh.. lest you forget the donations of such things by 'real righties' as well.. and the fact that conservatives, republicans, and other non-'lefties' contribute a lot to charities..

You could possibly be proud of the fact that 'real lefties' try to wield power to force donations to causes they deem righteous, or at least causes that can help gain votes.. because it is real easy to be generous and charitable with the money of others

BTY I like the Osama clock.

I am thankful that there isnt some partisan hack doing something as inane as attempting to politicize a holiday such as Thanksgiving. Oh wait, I guess not.

Of course donations come from both sides of the aisle, the difference suggested in my post is some donate time and money; others sit at a well laden table and say a pray.
What do you do (don't answer Dave, I read enough bull shit from your 'kind')?!!!

Last edited:

Of course donations come from both sides of the aisle, the difference suggested in my post is some donate time and money; others sit at a well laden table and say a pray.
What do you do (don't answer Dave, I read enough bull shit from your 'kind')?!!!

No... I will answer...

I have donated my time to efforts to the American Diabetes Association for different events. I can't tell you how many times I have helped individuals in my community and neighborhood when things have gone bad. I have volunteered time in the local hospital at the NNICU... I have donated to places such as St. Judes, Hayden's Heroes (a local charity effort for a very sick local boy), ADA, Breast Cancer Research, a charity called Heartly House that assists survivors of domestic abuse, etc....

The big difference is that some do donate of themselves thru time, earnings, etc... and some wish to force others to do their donating for them thru legislation and other power means, so that they can get their 'warm fuzzy feel good' need taken care of without actually doing something of themselves

My prayers never include politics, except prayers for the safety of our troops and leaders.

What's it like to petition the Lord through prayer for political points? Is it spiritually satisfying?

Forum List

Back