The leftist Democrat Party bias and tilt of American Main Stream Media

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
In big and important ways, and in little almost imperceptible ways, the American "main stream" media demonstrates a consistent bias in favor of the politically left and in favor of the Democrat Party (pardon me if "politically left" and "Democrat Party" are redundant expressions).

So, maybe it's time to have a handy reference spot to document it when we see it.

Getting started. Has anybody noticed that the main stream media seems determined to take "subtle" and consistent note of Speaker Boehner's odd behavioral quirk of crying a bit too easily and often? I mean, hell. Many of us (on both the left and the right) have noted it. It is probably fair game to poke at it once in a while. But is THAT the job of a supposedly "objective" news organization?

From TODAY'S MSN.com:
69C5A321AE76B82D484EB37C13EC.jpg
Journalists like putting pictures with their stories. IT seems to motivate people to read the stories. Today, the MSN.com home page was fronting the NYT's piece on Republican "unity" getting "frayed."
Republicans battle turmoil in their ranks

NYT: Pressure on spending cuts, surprise floor defeats show fraying unity.
-- MSN.com

Could it POSSIBLY be that MSN was planting a little subconscious reinforcement for the propaganda message that the GOP is in such turmoil that the speaker is crying over it?

JACKSON, Miss. – A fight is brewing in Mississippi over a proposal to issue specialty license plates honoring Confederate Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, who was an early leader of the Ku Klux Klan.

The Mississippi Division of Sons of Confederate Veterans wants to sponsor a series of state-issued license plates to mark the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, which it calls the "War Between the States." The group proposes a different design each year between now and 2015, with Forrest slated for 2014.

Link to: Proposed Mississippi license plate causes controversy - ABC 4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News

Yep, that pesky Fourth Estate is always after conservatives, muckracking and exposing minor foibles of conservatives is so unfair. I feel your pain LIEability.

JACKSON, Miss. – A fight is brewing in Mississippi over a proposal to issue specialty license plates honoring Confederate Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, who was an early leader of the Ku Klux Klan.

The Mississippi Division of Sons of Confederate Veterans wants to sponsor a series of state-issued license plates to mark the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, which it calls the "War Between the States." The group proposes a different design each year between now and 2015, with Forrest slated for 2014.

Link to: Proposed Mississippi license plate causes controversy - ABC 4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News

Yep, that pesky Fourth Estate is always after conservatives, muckracking and exposing minor foibles of conservatives is so unfair. I feel your pain LIEability.

Fly Catcher, you dishonest dessicated gonad, how the f--- are you today?

As always, you miss the point and/or deliberately distort the point.

I gather that you are one of the feeble-minded useful idiots who accepts the facially false claim that the American main stream media is "objective."

:lol:

I like msn. thier blatant nature of supporting dems non-stop is refreshing compared to the bs put out by the rest.

I learned back in '84 to see who the media is supporting and vote for someone else. After repeated lie after lie, and how the news was reported, I knew I did not want to support someone that was supported by people that lacked the basics of ethics.

I gather that you are one of the feeble-minded useful idiots who accepts the facially false claim that the American main stream media is "objective."

I'm well, thank you for asking. Of course I don't accept that; I believe all news is tainted by some subjective leakage - some intentional and some subconscious. Claims of Fair and Balanced by Fox, for example, are absurd. The agenda at Fox, and all of News Corp, are obviously biased so the intent there is clear to everyone (though some refuse to acknowledge what is self evident to most).
MSNBC offers a different bias, one which is a necessary counterpoint to Fox.
Best those who want to be informed exercise due dilligence in forming their opinions. Because so much 'reported' today is propaganda, one needs to look at each issue and the subtle differences in how it is 'reported'.

I would add that listening to the unedited comments (such as CSPAN) from primary sources is an exercise of due dilligence, noting further that propaganda flows easily from the mouths of pols as it does from the mouths of talking heads.

Last edited:

I'm well, thank you for asking. Of course I don't accept that; I believe all news is tainted by some subjective leakage - some intentional and some subconscious.

Cool. So far, I agree with you here.

Claims of Fair and Balanced by Fox, for example, are absurd. The agenda at Fox, and all of News Corp, are obviously biased so the intent there is clear to everyone (though some refuse to acknowledge what is self evident to most).

I partially agree with you still. I tend to agree that Fox News is a bit slanted to the right. I believe it was designed to be a counter-weight to the DECIDED tilt of most main stream news outlets to the left. To that extent, they PROVIDE balance. They also seem to try to be fair -- but I can't say much more than that since I only rarely tune in Fox News.

MSNBC offers a different bias, one which is a necessary counterpoint to Fox.

The "necessary" part of that sentence is absurd since MOST -- the VAST MAJORITY -- of the major news outlets were already long-established purveyors of left wing propaganda. But, sure. Other than that, MSLSD is akin to being a mirror image of FoxNews. It just doesn't try as hard to be fair or accurate.

Best those who want to be informed exercise due dilligence in forming their opinions. Because so much 'reported' today is propaganda, one needs to look at each issue and the subtle differences in how it is 'reported'.

Again, and I say this with some real surprise, I find that I agree with that point you just made.

I would add that listening to the unedited comments (such as CSPAN) from primary sources is an exercise of due dilligence, noting further that propaganda flows easily from the mouths of pols as it does from the mouths of talking heads.

Truth in that, too. Original sources often have their own agendas and thus taking them at their words -- face value -- is silly.

I went to your link and found an article titled:

Condi Rice on what makes a strong leader
Oh, my! The Main Stream Media is pushing some whackaloon right wing agenda.

At the risk of being serious with you, Ravi:

Are you honestly trying to make the claim that merely because some outlets in the main stream media occasionally provide some relatively fair, objective or balanced reporting or analysis, this somehow constitutes evidence that they aren't politically biased towards the left and the Democrats?

Are you honestly trying to make the claim that merely because some outlets in the main stream media occasionally provide some relatively fair, objective or balanced reporting or analysis, this somehow constitutes evidence that they aren't politically biased towards the left and the Democrats?
Your example pretty much proved you wrong. The media is the media, it is a balance of fairness and bias...and there is nothing wrong with that. Even the Republican shill outlets have a right to exist.

Your example pretty much proved you wrong. The media is the media, it is a balance of fairness and bias...and there is nothing wrong with that. Even the Republican shill outlets have a right to exist.

My example certainly did nothing even remotely akin to "proving" me wrong. In fact, that's not even possible since, instead, I happen to be correct. Even journalists have been known to admit the FACT that the main stream media is politically biased. They can admit it, but you insist on denying it. Odd.

Your denials are fatuous.

Of course "shills" on both sides have a "right" to exist. I don't recall ever saying otherwise. In fact, I know I never said otherwise.

There merely happen to be FAR MORE examples of "shills" disseminating deliberately distorted and politically biased propaganda tilting to the left (and in favor of the Democrat Parody) than can be found doing anything akin to that on the right for the right (or for the GOP).

Last edited:
Uh...no. Journalists polled are mostly liberal (at least at the time of that particular poll). That doesn't mean they believe the media has a liberal bias. Unless by liberal you mean rational.

You asserted with your example that putting a picture of Boehner scratching his nose was proof of liberal bias. Yet at your link there is a puff piece about Condi Rice.

If your assertion were true there would be no puff piece and the picture used of Boehner would have been this one.

boehnercrying.jpg

Uh...no. Journalists polled are mostly liberal (at least at the time of that particular poll). That doesn't mean they believe the media has a liberal bias. Unless by liberal you mean rational.

Uh .. no. Not only are journalists much more likely to be self-identified "liberals," the main stream media has been acknowledged by rational (by which I mean logical and honest) journalists to be biased toward the liberal end of the political spectrum -- by which, naturally, I mean towards the irrational.

You asserted with your example that putting a picture of Boehner scratching his nose was proof of liberal bias. Yet at your link there is a puff piece about Condi Rice.

No. What I "asserted" was that the image of Boehner apparently engaged in he act of crying (again) (not "scratching his nose") was put there deliberately. It was no accident. It is done by design and with purpose and intent. And example after example of this propagandistic meme can be found all over the lame stream liberal media.

The fact that there is ALSO (not featured in a photo or appearing at all on the MSN.com front page to which I linked) another link, which you get to only after you first see the Boehner "crying again" imagery, is proof of nothing. For, again, I have never claimed that the liberally biased and deliberately distorting main stream media is incapable of providing some information and news and analysis on the OTHER side of the political spectrum. They are blatant enough without having their bias conclusively proved by a complete lack of "demonstrable" objectivity. They are thus OBLIGED to include at least SOME material from the right.

If your assertion were true there would be no puff piece and the picture used of Boehner would have been this one.

boehnercrying.jpg

There's no "if" about it. My contention IS true. And no; that it IS true does NOT require that they use any one particular image of Boehner "crying (again)." It suffices more than sufficiently for their agenda that they keep plugging away.

I guaran-fucking-tee you that we will be treated in the days and weeks ahead to a flood of "Boehner crying" images. They will be included gratuitously. They need have NO actual connection to the stories getting "reported." That will never be the point. The point is found within the realm of the repetition.

Lying doesn't make your case, but whatever.

btw...there is no picture of Boehner at all at your link and there is still a headline about Condi Rice.

:thup:

That's "The Root". they focus almost soly on black people. If Condi wasn't black, you would not have found that.
:cuckoo:

It was on the MSN front page, btw.

Oh come now. Front page? don't you mean front page at the very bottom?

ok, lets go full assed on this then.

Why does msn support a racist link like "The Root" Why do you support racism by supporting msn?

That's "The Root". they focus almost soly on black people. If Condi wasn't black, you would not have found that.
:cuckoo:

It was on the MSN front page, btw.

Oh come now. Front page? don't you mean front page at the very bottom?

ok, lets go full assed on this then.

Why does msn support a racist link like "The Root" Why do you support racism by supporting msn?
Why do you think Condi is a racist?

And who said I support MSN?

Lying doesn't make your case, but whatever.

btw...there is no picture of Boehner at all at your link and there is still a headline about Condi Rice.

:thup:

It's true. Lying doesn't make your case, so you should consider giving honesty a try someday.

As you know, there WAS a picture of Boehner (the one I included in the original post) at the time that MSN.com was busy fronting the NYT's piece. Incredibly (to you, apparently) they somehow didn't keep that same item (with their cheese-dick propaganda effort photo) up on their home page all day. How shocked you must be!

I have noted on numerous occasions that you are a liar. And you are.

But it was considerate of you to so clearly highlight that fact yet again. :thup:

Still, the fact that MSN.com didn't yank (yet) the "story" about Dr. Rice remains of no significance to this discussion.

You are not just dishonest (at almost all times), you are also pitiably bad at this whole political discussion and debate thing, Ravi.

If it wasn't for the left wing "mainstream media" Obama would have been run outa town last year. The only thing that is keeping Obama afloat is support from ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, PBS, CNN the NY Times and the Wash Post and a few others. It's ironic that Dan Rather is still blathering around after trying to influence a presidential election with forged documents and the left is hysterical about Glen Beck.

If the main stream media weren't so far to the right, we never would have invaded Iraq, John Boehner, never would have become house speaker (if Americans knew he passed out bribes on the house floor, who would have elected him?), there never would have been tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires, that 200 million dollar a day trip story never would have gained traction, Americans would know who brought down the economy, Americans would know women in Iraq are living in Burkas and Iraq is now under Sharia law under a constitution put into place with the help of Republicans which includes a "public option".

American media is owned by right wingers, far right wingers and foreign Propagandist who are anti American, like Rupert Murdoch and his Arabia Prince partner.

Forum List

Back