The Left Thinks Legally, The Right Thinks Morally?

Since when have the left thought about the law as anything other than something to ignore when it gets in their way?

I think you're describing the Bush administration and the Reichspartei...er... Republican party.

Merlin1047 said:
Hmmm - would like to hear about that when you get back. Have a great trip. Don't get too sunburned - unless you want to.

:bye1: :bye1:
I'll have a vacation photo gallery to put up when we get back. :thup:

DKSuddeth said:
I'll have a vacation photo gallery to put up when we get back. :thup:

You guys have a great time, I'm so glad you get to go!

-=d=- said:
- the Left just goes about it with the perspective "who am I to say what's 'just' for you?"

That's a joke, right ? Well, I guess that is true when they are talking about other countries: Who is America to use it's might without the worlds posistion ?

But internally, the left is the party of legislation by judicial fiat, the party of wealth redistribition, government mandated racial hiring quotas... in fact, I can't think of a single "left" cause or issue that doesn't either take away my freedom or money.

Re: legislating from the bench ILLEGALLY = How about the last new Jersy Senate election, the Democrat replaced Toricelli (?) after the LEGAL deadline, and the replacement won. I beleive the judges opinion was ( I paraphrase here ) : " Well , we want to win, screw the State Constitution."

I consider myself a conservative. I believe in smaller government, lower taxes, individual responibilty, the right to own guns, etc. I am also pro-choice (with conditions, like no 3rd trimester abortions unless the mothers life is in danger) and I believe that 2 homosexuals should be allowed to enter into a legally binding union. After all, what's the harm? Putting aside the "it's a sin" argument, what are you left with.

I'm glad the founding fathers had the sense to include separation of church and state into the constitution. Religious zealots are as dangerous as the ACLU, they are just on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I believe in equal rights for everyone, including myself. The problem is that the system has been perverted by the PC mongers. They have made it so that minorities are deemed as not given a fair shake unless they are given "special rights". Programs like Affirmative Action are a prime example.
I believe that you should EARN what you get. Quotas in hiring are especially stupid.

I am an atheist, but that does not make me immoral. And I don't believe that religious people are blind to the letter of the law either. The problem with today's courts is that they are no longer used for a search for justice. Truth no longer matters, getting your client off even if guilty is all that matters.

I know that some of this message is off-topic, but I thought it necessary to give a little info on where I am coming from.

P.S. Though I am an athiest, I disagree with the ACLUs attacks on religious symbols. I believe them to be more historical (U.S. history) than religious.

Forum List

Back