Womens sufferage

louisaina purchase

Cumberland road

Deplomacy which Franklin used to get the frenchs help in the revolution

higher education

just off the top of my head

Wait..

Ok.

The first one, is probably the most ridiculous one.. ever..

I think your Confusing Liberal in today's sense to Classic Liberal.
Get a clue please.
Conservatives, at the time, were royalists.

Give historic examples.

Heres some on the left.

Revolution to be free from England

labor laws

ending slavery

Womens sufferage

louisaina purchase

Cumberland road

higher education

Wait..

Ok.

Get a clue please.

Conservatives in today's sense aren't the same back then..

Did you not read my previous post?

Are you not the same person, who started a thread about land owners being the only ones who could vote?

I think if you had some intelligence you would have seen that I was stating why Locke believed that property owners were citizens since it was the government's job to protect that property. I was simply paraphrasing what someone else thought.

Did I say otherwise? And why bring it up?

Give historic examples.

Heres some on the left.

labor laws

ending slavery

Womens sufferage

louisaina purchase

Cumberland road

higher education

it's more like "I just pulled that shit outta the hole in my azz." :eusa_shhh:

The left is the force that has moved this country forward at every step in history.

Yes it's very interesting and telling that modern day conservatives get upset when the conservatism of past generations is brought up. They don't want to be associated with the agendas of their political forefathers. That's because those agendas, the conservatism of those times, were largely defeated by progress; modern conservatives to a great degree represent past liberalism made the status quo of today. You won't see many modern conservatives wanting to bring back child labor or take away a woman's right to vote, but those are the kind of causes their conservative forefathers fought against.

Liberals, on the other, normally have little or no problem with liberal causes of the past being attributed to liberalism overall. Because they were right at the time, liberals won, and made them the status quo.

I've lost the freedom to smoke. Where can I smoke now? I'm losing the freedom to see my doctor the way I want to. The government now controls most industries which controls the choices in products I want to buy. Think about everything you buy and realize that most of creativity of what you buy is done by the government as it legislates what products it can make.

You can smoke anywhere that is not a public facility. You have lost NOTHING concerning your doctor. What have you lost in freedoms because you think the government controls and legislates all products?

Ihopehefails has a valid point on smoking, you can try and deminish what he stated, but he has been limited in the sources where he could smoke prior to now.

He has lost the ability to contaminate the air of the people around him. He is being forced to breathe the clean air of nonsmokers rather than forcing them to breathe his noxious fumes.

The left is the force that has moved this country forward at every step in history.

Yeah ok..

Forward as in? More Government intervention? Useless Social Programs that do more harm than good? Higher taxes? More Regulations? :eusa_eh:

Sounds like we're heading in the wrong direction..

If you haven't noticed, repugnant-cans do all of the above as well

I do, If you haven't noticed before, I keep stating that Both Parties suck, why? They're all the same.

The more I think about it the more I realize that the progressive left hates freedom more than anything. I can't think of anything they have ever done that promotes freedom in any way but I can point out what they do for power and power over others. Most conservatives are pretty content with leading their lives the way they want to without being bothered by the forced collective thinking of the left. Its sad that a country born with a new idea in this world is slowly reverting back to the old world way of thinking.

You snuffed us all out there ihopehefails. Joan Baez, Woodie Guthry, Bob Dylan....all freedom haters. Me too, as you have discovered. This is why Dems attract so many voters who were once disenfranchised...they are just so much more comfy with lots of rules. Not because the dignity of the have-nots is precious to us.

Get a clue ihopehefails. It seems at times you are clueless to the degree that you have no clue although your clue phone is ringing off the hook whilst you roll in a field of clue clover.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-d5x-CiTUs]YouTube - Richie Havens Freedom Woodstock 1969[/ame]

Last edited:
Wait..

Ok.

Get a clue please.

Conservatives in today's sense aren't the same back then..

Did you not read my previous post?

You expect him to read? :lol::lol::lol: Good luck with that. :lol:

These claims about 'liberals' and their remarkable ability to use history as some glorious victory for their 'side' is laughable. Can they BE any more stupid?

Are you not the same person, who started a thread about land owners being the only ones who could vote?

I think if you had some intelligence you would have seen that I was stating why Locke believed that property owners were citizens since it was the government's job to protect that property. I was simply paraphrasing what someone else thought.

You were leading the charge, kiddo, with The Rabbi riding boot to boot with you, then you both impaled each other with your sabers of argumentation. You were saved because your argumentative powers were so dull that the sabers could not.

You are like California Girl and Political Chic. You just say dumb things. Then you can't or won't defend them with unquestionable, critical evidence.

How can Republicans complain the left doesn't understand "freedom", yet they have no problem with "domestic spying", worse, they have no problem with a "police state" where everyone needs "papers" and could be stopped and harassed at any time.

They assume that because they are nearly all white, no one will stop them. Everyone in Germany was "white". Everyone in Russia was "white".

Give historic examples.

Heres some on the left.

labor laws

ending slavery

Womens sufferage

louisaina purchase

Cumberland road

higher education

Wait..

Ok.

Get a clue please.

You dont get to redefine the words for your own pleasure

Give historic examples.

Heres some on the left.

labor laws

ending slavery

Womens sufferage

louisaina purchase

Cumberland road

higher education

Wait..

Ok.

Get a clue please.

You dont get to redefine the words for your own pleasure

You really don't get it, TDM. Your liberals have redefined the word from what it once was. :lol:

Really? LIke the freedom to have an abortion and make your own reproductive rights? Like the freedom for gays to marry the person they love and get the same legal rights as heterosexuals?

Amen, by its very definition. Conservatives want to keep the status quo and keep traditions, liberals move forward, and they always win as societies evolve as we learn more and more

The more I think about it the more I realize that the progressive left hates freedom more than anything. I can't think of anything they have ever done that promotes freedom in any way but I can point out what they do for power and power over others. Most conservatives are pretty content with leading their lives the way they want to without being bothered by the forced collective thinking of the left. Its sad that a country born with a new idea in this world is slowly reverting back to the old world way of thinking.

True enough. They're content as long as everyone else leads the same kind of life they're leading. :eusa_whistle:

Exactly,what a bullshit statement by ihope

Forum List

Back