The Left Finds Religion

As it was in the days of Noah and Sodom and Gomorrah

Pro-gay church plans to build worship space/brewery, donate profits to Planned Parenthood

A building in Santa Cruz, Calif., is being converted into a worship space and public brewery by a pro-gay church that plans to donate some of its beer proceeds to Planned Parenthood, according to reports.

Members of the Greater Purpose Community Church now meet on Sundays at a food lounge to pray, listen and drink beer, KNTV reports.

"There’s nothing in the Bible that says you can't drink alcohol in a responsible manner," Pastor Chris VanHall told the station.

Planned Parenthood has offices in the former bookstore VanHall plans to turn into a brewery by next summer, The Santa Cruz Good Times weekly newspaper reported.

“A church that serves beer and gives the profits away to places like Planned Parenthood is really exciting to me,” the pastor told the paper.

Santa Cruz’s recent Pride Parade included a contingent from Greater Purpose, the paper reported.

Pro-gay church plans to build worship space/brewery, donate profits to Planned Parenthood

Hey Bitchy Irish Ass.................you DO know that there are lots of monasteries that also brew beer, right? And, it's not a new thing, it's been done for centuries.

Oh...................I get it...............you're not bitching about the beer, you're bitching about donating to Planned Parenthood and gay marriage.

Gee paper pusher ya finally got one right. Why is it you get all bent out of shape when homosexuality is attacked? Hmmmmm? Yes...I'm questioning your manhood

I don't get bent out of shape. But, yes, I do think that gays should have the same right to be miserable in marriage that hetero couples do.

As it was in the days of Noah and Sodom and Gomorrah

A building in Santa Cruz, Calif., is being converted into a worship space and public brewery by a pro-gay church that plans to donate some of its beer proceeds to Planned Parenthood, according to reports.

Members of the Greater Purpose Community Church now meet on Sundays at a food lounge to pray, listen and drink beer, KNTV reports.

"There’s nothing in the Bible that says you can't drink alcohol in a responsible manner," Pastor Chris VanHall told the station.

Planned Parenthood has offices in the former bookstore VanHall plans to turn into a brewery by next summer, The Santa Cruz Good Times weekly newspaper reported.

“A church that serves beer and gives the profits away to places like Planned Parenthood is really exciting to me,” the pastor told the paper.

Santa Cruz’s recent Pride Parade included a contingent from Greater Purpose, the paper reported.

Hey Bitchy Irish Ass.................you DO know that there are lots of monasteries that also brew beer, right? And, it's not a new thing, it's been done for centuries.

Oh...................I get it...............you're not bitching about the beer, you're bitching about donating to Planned Parenthood and gay marriage.

Gee paper pusher ya finally got one right. Why is it you get all bent out of shape when homosexuality is attacked? Hmmmmm? Yes...I'm questioning your manhood

I don't get bent out of shape. But, yes, I do think that gays should have the same right to be miserable in marriage that hetero couples do.

Yeah ya do....now go tell some tall tales and cease bothering me

I know that some people laugh at the idea of "social justice" and openly mock the higher ideals of all faiths.
The higher ideals are generally great. It's the petty little prejudices that give god botherers a bad name.

Yes I know. We have to celebrate that gay marriage is just like marriage.

Except that it's not, and we don't accept it, even if we're allowing gays to live in peace. That's not enough.

We know, believe me, we know.

You have your cult. You have your fantasies. Civil marriages are open to all at the courthouse. No one has the right to "allow" anything. No one is in a position to "allow" a civil right. Whatever you people in your cults do is up to you.

Open to everyone, are they? Really? So a mother can marry her son? Three people can marry four of their neighbors? Really?

Wow, who knew? And why are you discriminating anyway?
You know the rules: no incest and one to a customer. Incest and bigamy have always been against the law. Who is discriminating except for those who refuse to issue a marriage license to those legally free to marry? Why would you care, anyway?

So what? One man, one woman used to be the rules too, and now consenting adults seems to be good enough. So many adults and/or related adults are fair game. No one who wants to oppose them has a leg to stand on. As long as an adult can give "consent", fair enough.

Open to everyone, are they? Really? So a mother can marry her son? Three people can marry four of their neighbors? Really?

And here comes the pro-incest/pro-polygamy crowd........

Not at all. Anti-incest, anti-polygamy and anti-gay marriage, for that matter. But since gays can marry, you know it's just a matter of time before the polygamists and incest-practicers have their cases make it up the chain.

How do you link same-sex marriage with polygamists and people who commit incest?

Why should gay people have the right to marry but not polygamists and people who want to marry relatives?
As I said...here comes the pro-incest/pro-polygamy crowd. Make your case for both.

I'm against all of it, and am still against gay marriage. But now there is no legal reason why polygamist and incestual people should not also be denied. As long as consenting adults can consent, it can be a "marriage". Why not?

And who are YOU to say polygamists are not "love"? Didn't you used to say "love is love", you haterZZZ????

The higher ideals are generally great. It's the petty little prejudices that give god botherers a bad name.

Except that it's not, and we don't accept it, even if we're allowing gays to live in peace. That's not enough.

You have your cult. You have your fantasies. Civil marriages are open to all at the courthouse. No one has the right to "allow" anything. No one is in a position to "allow" a civil right. Whatever you people in your cults do is up to you.

You know the rules: no incest and one to a customer. Incest and bigamy have always been against the law. Who is discriminating except for those who refuse to issue a marriage license to those legally free to marry? Why would you care, anyway?

So what? One man, one woman used to be the rules too, and now consenting adults seems to be good enough. So many adults and/or related adults are fair game. No one who wants to oppose them has a leg to stand on. As long as an adult can give "consent", fair enough.

oh c'mon... throw animals in the mix too... you might as well...........................

oh c'mon... throw animals in the mix too... you might as well...........................

They can't give consent, and neither can children. But any adults or configuration of adults can give consent. So what are your hang ups? Isn't love, love after all? Haterzzzzzz

They can't give consent, and neither can children. But any adults or configuration of adults can give consent. So what are your hang ups? Isn't love, love after all? Haterzzzzzz

but but but why should that matter? according to you society is in a free fall cause homogays want to have the same equal protection under the law.... so it should only be a matter of time, right b4 kiddies get their turn, right?

incest marriage is illegal because of the greater social health concerns it can create. think of it in the same way as vaccinations & why they are mandated.... not sure about polygamy & why it's a no no...

And here comes the pro-incest/pro-polygamy crowd........

Not at all. Anti-incest, anti-polygamy and anti-gay marriage, for that matter. But since gays can marry, you know it's just a matter of time before the polygamists and incest-practicers have their cases make it up the chain.

How do you link same-sex marriage with polygamists and people who commit incest?

Why should gay people have the right to marry but not polygamists and people who want to marry relatives?
As I said...here comes the pro-incest/pro-polygamy crowd. Make your case for both.

I'm against all of it, and am still against gay marriage. But now there is no legal reason why polygamist and incestual people should not also be denied. As long as consenting adults can consent, it can be a "marriage". Why not?

And who are YOU to say polygamists are not "love"? Didn't you used to say "love is love", you haterZZZ????
Why are you so crappy about LGBTs? Is it your cult? You do seem like a cult member in one of those asshole right-wing cults.

We live in a society that allows domestic violence. We live in a society that allows "marriages" between an adult and a child, even if the child is 13. We live in a society in which judges will allow a perp to skip prison by "marrying" their victim, thus subjecting the child to even more abuse living in the same house as the perp and probably in the same bed. We live in a society in which people are allowed to sexually harass others because there is no "proof."
How is the LGBTQ community responsible for all this? There is plenty of heterosexual shit going on.

Forum List

Back