the left claims unemployment is at it's lowest since 2008 !!

They just have a habit of not counting the people who stopped looking for work.

If unemployment was going down, there is no reason to extend the unemployment benefits any further.

If unemployment is going down, that would mean there an influx of new jobs. I mean if fewer people are not getting money from unemployment they must be working and making their own money. Surely they aren't starving to death.

unemployment is not going down !!! that is a lie the left is pushing !! i just pointed out the hypocrisy of the left and their bullshit claims !!! hence the title of the thread !!!

The real question is what happens next spring and summer. If things go south in Europe as many expect, we aren't going to be doing too well on this side of the Atlantic. Gotta be honest, I don't think extending the temporary payroll tax cut is going to make much difference.

Other thing is, I think China is supposed to have a regime change next year. If fundamentlist hard-liners get in, things could get scary.

It IS going down , according to this Reagan equation, or any other, shyttehead. Pub dupes!!

Had to overcome the big Pub dupe debt ceiling crissis. Even the Pubs realize they better not try that again. The hypocrisy is too great except to total (1/2+ racist) morons...

Last edited:
I can't wait to see Debbie Wasserman at the DNC Convention make that speech to 250 Million Americans regarding how much better our lives are in comparison to 2008, how Obama brought gas prices back to 1.87 a gallon, how all of our home prices have gone up in equity, how easy it is to get a bank loan/line of credit, how Obama brought unemployment down to 5%, how Obama has paid off the debt, lowered the deficit, put that Iranian dude in his place!!!! I cant wait !!

I can't wait to see Debbie Wasserman at the DNC Convention make that speech to 250 Million Americans regarding how much better our lives are in comparison to 2008, how Obama brought gas prices back to 1.87 a gallon, how all of our home prices have gone up in equity, how easy it is to get a bank loan/line of credit, how Obama brought unemployment down to 5%, how Obama has paid off the debt, lowered the deficit, put that Iranian dude in his place!!!! I cant wait !!
he will just pass on his failures with the blame game !! and the idiots on the left will believe him !!

The old high wage middle class jobs - the ones that allowed the working class father to support the family so that the mother could stay at home with the kids, i.e., the heyday of the American Family - were destroyed by Reagan's partnership with corporate America (of which both parties were collaborators, including Clinton).

Corporate America came to Reagan and said: "we want cheaper operating conditions. We want cheaper labor and fewer regulations. We no longer want to be punished for outsourcing to Mexico, Asia, and the 3rd world. We want higher profits"

Reagan - the savior of corporate America, i.e., the first president to truly unwind the Liberal protection of high wages and benefits - agreed to ditch the overpaid, entitlement fed middle class in favor CHEAP 3rd World LABOR. He gives the upper class higher profits, and the lower classes credit cards and religion. People don't get it: any time a social order transfers wealth from the masses to the elite, we see a rise of religion (to "manage" that desperation). [Many of the Republicans on this message board probably don't understand this point because they get most of their history from Movement Conservatism. They have never study the ways in which Religion was used as opiate for the serfs, to calibrate them to their miserable existence. The feudal lords promised them salvation in the next life in order to make the toil of this life more bearable. This is why Reagan famously teamed with Pat Robertson and the moral majority: because he was sending a huge group of Americans into toil]

Indeed, wages & benefits, since Reagan, either fell or remained stagnant in order to increase profits on top. Jobs have been cut and/or shipped to cheap labor markets in order to increase profits on top. And with every lost job or slashed benefit, another credit card arrived in someone's mailbox (...remember: if you cut wages, you need to give people another means to consume, i.e., Visa & Master Card. And when they run out of room on their credit cards, you need to give them the ability to borrow against their homes. And when the housing market crashes and the banking system dies - and the American way of life dies - you blame the black guy. Scapegoat 101. Brilliant!!)

Folks: the jobs are not coming back under any administration. Bush had the worst job creation of any president in the past 50 years not because he was a bad president, but because America no longer makes anything. We traded manufacturing for shopping malls, i.e., production for consumption, wages for credit cards. Since Reagan helped corporate America ship manufacturing to ultra-cheap, dictator run labor markets (where workers make pennies a day), the American economy has been sustained purely by the expansion of credit. This makes sense, right? Because when you get rid of the jobs and the wages, the only thing left is credit . . . aka debt.

America swallowed poison in 1980, and no president since has done a thing to save the patient.

Unemployment is only going to get worse. The Dems are lying.

Last edited:

The DNC will be held in Charlotte North Carolina, it's unemployment rate somewhere between 10.4 and it's sister state South Carolina is a little bit higher. Charlotte is right next to South Carolina, you can leave Charlotte going south and you would enter South Carolina. People down here may just start throwing eggs at anyone who says that the economy is getting better.

since the libbs are making the false claims that the economy is getting better and in the same breath saying the republicans are hindering Obama's policies,shouldnt they come to the conclusion that blocking left wing policies is good for the economy ???

If I remember the news from earlier this week, the fact was that the first time claims for unemployment assistance were at their lowest since 2008. I don't recall anybody making the claim that overall unemployment is where it was at in 2008 after the eight years of Bush's baneful policies.

The economy is getting better gradually and the Republicans are simply trying to stop the tide. If they got out of the way, things would likely take off in fits and starts but the stimulus is beginning to have an effect in spite of the House of Representatives' efforts to the contrary.

The Stimulus?

What part of the Stimulus is having the current effect that you cite?

What good effect is it that has produced the 'recovery that shows 6 million fewer people working today than were working on the day the the Big 0 started fixing things?

since the libbs are making the false claims that the economy is getting better and in the same breath saying the republicans are hindering Obama's policies,shouldnt they come to the conclusion that blocking left wing policies is good for the economy ???

If I remember the news from earlier this week, the fact was that the first time claims for unemployment assistance were at their lowest since 2008. I don't recall anybody making the claim that overall unemployment is where it was at in 2008 after the eight years of Bush's baneful policies.

The economy is getting better gradually and the Republicans are simply trying to stop the tide. If they got out of the way, things would likely take off in fits and starts but the stimulus is beginning to have an effect in spite of the House of Representatives' efforts to the contrary.

Claims dropped because people lost their benefits it does not mean they found a job.

Debbie BagelHead Wasserman is pretty much taking Queen Pelosi's place. Trying to convince American that things are so much better now, that when Obama took office, we were losing 500 Million jobs a month, the Tea Party are all racists, etc, etc.

the stupidity of the left is clear when they claim the economy is getting better and in the same breath they accuse the right of obstruction!!!
Whatta drag when....

.....huh??

827.gif

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Last edited:
It is getting worse !!! Food prices and fuel prices have doubled !!! And the idiot in the white house wants to take more and spend [waste] more of americas hard earned money !!

Claims dropped because people lost their benefits it does not mean they found a job.

Initial claims dropped because people lost benefits; that's what you're saying? Really? How exactly does that work?

If the economy isn't getting any better,

then extending the Bush tax cuts didn't work.

The "Bush Tax Cuts" expired. The current tax rates were signed into law by the Big 0.

So the 1.7 million more jobs we have compared to a year ago are all to Obama's credit?

For cutting taxes a year ago?

That depends. Are are you talking about the expansion of the bloated government payrolls?

As a Liberal, you cannot both blame "The Rich" for not hiring and credit someone else when hiring occurs.

Anyone who hires is doing so at his/her own peril in today's climate of aggressively selective enforcement of labor laws only against those who hire non-union.

As long as the AG and DOJ have determined that Union Charters trump the Constitution in terms of legal enforcement, we are all screwed.

Back to the topic of the bloated government. Every organization in the world that has adopted the use of computers has reduced the size of the labor force to accomplish the same functions except one. That is the Government. Why are we hiring more and more people to do less and less in view of the fact that more and more computers have been put on line and fewer and fewer people should be required?

Why are government employees paid so much more than the private sector and why are Liberals blind to the whole swindle?

Forum List

Back