The Latest: Israeli official: Tlaib, Omar barred from entry

Propaganda: #MyPalestinianSitty
By
David Lange
-
August 18, 2019
Anti-Israel propaganda site Quds News Network reports:

Photos and stories of Palestinian grandmothers have been trending on Twitter Saturday in support of US lawmaker Rashida Tlaib, who dropped her plan to visit her grandmother in the West Bank, citing Israeli restrictions regarding free speech.

Tlaib requested to visit her 90-year-old grandmother on humanitarian grounds after she and another Democratic congresswoman, Rep. Ilhan Omar, on Thursday were barred by the occupation state from visiting Palestine in their capacity as US lawmakers. But she changed her mind about the family trip hours after it was approved on Friday under condition of not advancing the BDS movement during her trip.

Palestinian-American political activist Linda Sarsour shared a photo of her grandmother in honor of Tlaib’s ancestor and attached the hashtag “#MyPalestinianSitty” to the message. “Sitty” is the Arabic word for grandmother.

“This #MyPalestinianSitty hashtag is in honor of Rashida Tlaib’s grandmother, Sitty Muftiya,” Sarsour wrote. “Her courage, clarity, and fierceness are inspirational. She reminded Palestinians how much we have to be proud of. Our grandmothers teach life.”

By
David Lange
-
August 18, 2019

Photos and stories of Palestinian grandmothers have been trending on Twitter Saturday in support of US lawmaker Rashida Tlaib, who dropped her plan to visit her grandmother in the West Bank, citing Israeli restrictions regarding free speech.

Tlaib requested to visit her 90-year-old grandmother on humanitarian grounds after she and another Democratic congresswoman, Rep. Ilhan Omar, on Thursday were barred by the occupation state from visiting Palestine in their capacity as US lawmakers. But she changed her mind about the family trip hours after it was approved on Friday under condition of not advancing the BDS movement during her trip.

Palestinian-American political activist Linda Sarsour shared a photo of her grandmother in honor of Tlaib’s ancestor and attached the hashtag “#MyPalestinianSitty” to the message. “Sitty” is the Arabic word for grandmother.

“This #MyPalestinianSitty hashtag is in honor of Rashida Tlaib’s grandmother, Sitty Muftiya,” Sarsour wrote. “Her courage, clarity, and fierceness are inspirational. She reminded Palestinians how much we have to be proud of. Our grandmothers teach life.”

The Palestinian maternal instinct. A wonder to behold.

By
David Lange
-
August 18, 2019

Couldn't she visit her grandmother, maybe for the last time, and then come back to America and bash Israel all she likes from here? Doesn't make sense.

By
David Lange
-
August 18, 2019

Couldn't she visit her grandmother, maybe for the last time, and then come back to America and bash Israel all she likes from here? Doesn't make sense.

My suspicion is that Rashida Tlaib claiming a desire to see her grandmother was cynical and exploitative. Both Tlaib amd Omar, with their day jobs as islamic activists, I suspect had every intention to promote their agenda of Jew hatred and "occupation" propaganda to a willing and receptive audience in Gaza.

Maher: BDS a "Bullsh*t Purity Test"; Media Believes "Jews Must Be Wrong" In Coverage of Palestinians

upload_2019-8-20_10-19-15.png

RE: The Latest: Israeli official: Tlaib, Omar barred from entry
⁜→ et al,

I tend to think that, to some degree, many Americans (especially on college campuses) have forgotten the legacy and baggage the Arab Palestinians have brought with them to the table.

v/r
R

In case you missed it, congresswomen Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib hosted a press conference yesterday, to speak about their banning from Israel. As expected, it was an Israel bashing-fest, replete with lies.

I think the tweet is incredibly irresponsible and dangerous but this tone was set by a higher office. We should be criticizing all who use their elected platforms to sow hate.

There's a reason why we demand and expect our elected officials to act responsibly. That norm was throw out the window thus opening up Pandora's box.

When the Democrats won 40 seats in 2018 they promised to be more uniting and moderate. Instead we got the Squad and Far Left thinking. Not good.

I think the tweet is incredibly irresponsible and dangerous but this tone was set by a higher office. We should be criticizing all who use their elected platforms to sow hate.

There's a reason why we demand and expect our elected officials to act responsibly. That norm was throw out the window thus opening up Pandora's box.

When the Democrats won 40 seats in 2018 they promised to be more uniting and moderate. Instead we got the Squad and Far Left thinking. Not good.

I will make a promise to you and I hope you will reciprocate. I will always try to answer honestly and to see others perspective on issues.

With that said, this problem started at the top and created an opportunity for these women to be elected. The President has made no effort to be a leader to all Americans. For that reason (and others) citizens sent some extremely liberal representatives to Washington. Similar to what the tea party did when they were displeased with the former President.

We need to start moving back to the middle. We are imploding.

I will make a promise to you and I hope you will reciprocate. I will always try to answer honestly and to see others perspective on issues.

With that said, this problem started at the top and created an opportunity for these women to be elected. The President has made no effort to be a leader to all Americans. For that reason (and others) citizens sent some extremely liberal representatives to Washington. Similar to what the tea party did when they were displeased with the former President.

Oh I agree 100%. I am actually in the middle and I lean left. But I cannot stand by and watch this:

1. Speech is violence. --- It is not.
  2. Biological males may identify as females and play sports vs. biological females -- insanity. Even more insane to allow them to share locker rooms.
  3. Anyone who disagrees with a left POV is a racist, bigot, homophobe, Islamaphobe -- they aren't. They just disagree.
  4. BDS is peaceful -- it is not. It calls for the destruction of all Jews in Israel and Israel itself.
  5. Trump is racist - He is not be he should tone down the rhetoric that inspires racists.
  6. Kneeling for the Anthem is OK -- it is OK but it is disrespectful to our veterans.
  7. Black Lives Matter --- Hate it. ALL LIVES MATTER.
  8. Police Officers are inherently racist --- No. Their job is very hard. We should respect and thank them. Look at the suicide rates of police officers in NY. Deblasio spits on them. He is a jerk.

Oh I agree 100%. I am actually in the middle and I lean left. But I cannot stand by and watch this:

2. Biological males may identify as females and play sports vs. biological females -- insanity. Even more insane to allow them to share locker rooms.
  3. Anyone who disagrees with a left POV is a racist, bigot, homophobe, Islamaphobe -- they aren't. They just disagree.
  4. BDS is peaceful -- it is not. It calls for the destruction of all Jews in Israel and Israel itself.
  5. Trump is racist - He is not be he should tone down the rhetoric that inspires racists.
  6. Kneeling for the Anthem is OK -- it is OK but it is disrespectful to our veterans.
  8. Police Officers are inherently racist --- No. Their job is very hard. We should respect and thank them. Look at the suicide rates of police officers in NY. Deblasio spits on them. He is a jerk.

Wow - we agree on everything on your list except #5. I'll be honest, I didn't think we'd have this much in common. Then again, you've been participating on this forum longer than I have so you have more battle scars. lol

Wow - we agree on everything on your list except #5. I'll be honest, I didn't think we'd have this much in common. Then again, you've been participating on this forum longer than I have so you have more battle scars. lol

Piers Morgan who knows Trump really well said the same thing. He said Trump is not a racist at all but needs to watch his rhetoric. Interesting right? Capitalists are usually not racist. I am logical, Ms. Everdeen. As to the battle scars, I believe I have dished out a lot more than I have taken.

It is the behavior of our president I find more disturbing.

Agreed. He's an embarrassment.

Edited to add: I don't think his silly comments influenced the Israeli government, though. They made the decision they made for their own reasons.

I think Trump and Netanyahu have a lot in common, they are both power hungry bullies. The US has long had divergent views on IP. Has a US representative ever before been barred? I don’t think so. There really is no good reason to have done so, none, but of course it is Israel’s right to do so.

The US has been a steadfast ally and source of support for Israel (and vice versa) both financially and politically over the decades. Despite what some say that support continued through the Obama Administration. Netanyahu is facing a difficult election I believe. Is he playing to his base? Unlike Trump, Netanyahu is politically savvy, has self control and is not thin skinned. I am guessing he see’s a political advantage here. To attempt to marginalize two outspoken critics of his policies?

I am most disturbed by Trump. When you hold a position of power, you speak from power and words carry meaning, intended or unintended. To openly throw two US representatives, of his country, to be publicly humiliated by another country in this manner, is unprecedented. I don’t care what view point they represent, we have always shown a united public face however much we squabbled internally. These actions by Trump are, at best unAmerican and at worst show how easily this president can be played through his ego.

God save us from ourselves :(

How many of the actions AGAINST Trump have been unprecedented? DOes any of those bother you? You expect Trump to just sit there like a pinata while you libs keep taking swings at him?

Home don't play that.
Will you ever quit apologizing for Trump? Seriously!

The right wingnut news is playing anti Semite cards by the case.

No. This is not racist. It is many other things but shred the race card.

:beer::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

So in your view attacking Israeli policies is verboten?

APPARENTLY SO.:cuckoo:

I feel kind of sorry for Israel.
They have a racist running their country just like we have one running the country here. And they have a Muslim ban just like we have a Muslim ban here.
And Israel depends so much on the United States.
And the US is becoming younger and darker and much less in love with Israel.
They may think they’re having fun now going along with Donald Trump, but Trump won’t always be president.

i wish that were true but i just dont see that,where do you possibly see it that the US is much less in love with Israel?

in case you arent aware,if our criminal politicians in washington dont support Israel,they no longer get to serve as a politician anymore.

Lpl

They have a racist running their country just like we have one running the country here. And they have a Muslim ban just like we have a Muslim ban here.
They may think they’re having fun now going along with Donald Trump, but Trump won’t always be president.
Don't feel sorry for Israel. Israel just came through eight years of the most anti Israeli US president in history and is fine; of course those eight years left the Democratic Party in shambles, so maybe you should feel sorry for the Democrats.

That is a flat out lie.

Do you normally engage in self serving lies?
Obama Has a Stronger Record on Israel Than You Might Have Been Led to Think — National Jewish Democratic Council

I love how the pro Israel people always assume that just because Obomination brokered a deal in favor of Iran that he was not pro Israel.on the contary giving the largest aide to Israel more than ay president combined is HARDLY being anti--Israel.:abgg2q.jpg::cuckoo: dont the pro Israel people EVER get tired of embarrassing themselves?:iyfyus.jpg:

Lpl

Don't feel sorry for Israel. Israel just came through eight years of the most anti Israeli US president in history and is fine; of course those eight years left the Democratic Party in shambles, so maybe you should feel sorry for the Democrats.

That is a flat out lie.

Do you normally engage in self serving lies?
Obama Has a Stronger Record on Israel Than You Might Have Been Led to Think — National Jewish Democratic Council

I love how the pro Israel people always assume that just because Obomination brokered a deal in favor of Iran that he was not pro Israel.on the contary giving the largest aide to Israel more than ay president combined is HARDLY being anti--Israel.:abgg2q.jpg::cuckoo: dont the pro Israel people EVER get tired of embarrassing themselves?:iyfyus.jpg:

No. Because we don't. Embarrass ourselves.

Are you pro UK, btw?

Whatever 'pro' means.

If Rashida Taliban and mullah Omar can turn Jews against democrsts their existence would not be in vain.

Forum List

Back