The Keystone Pipeline: Jobs!

Can't say, but certainly much fewer than were claimed. Again, large job growth was one of the top claims by proponents. If desired, I can link multiple videos of Trump making that claim.

A State Department report on the pipeline that was issued under the Obama administration found that there would be 3,900 direct construction jobs if it was built over one year, or 1,950 if the work was spread over two years.

Keystone pipeline: How many jobs it would really create

CNN says 3900 jobs. Sounds good to me.
Get 'er done!
Nowhere close to 42,000 jobs. Most of it is already done anyway so I would guess about 3 or 4 hundred at most, and that would include all the extra added at motels and convenience stores that would service the pipeline workers. They lied about almost every aspect of the pipeline. Just admit it.

Nowhere close to 42,000 jobs.

I'm happy with 3900. That's more than the 0 created when Obama rejected the pipeline. Right?

Most of it is already done anyway

Excellent! Glad those American workers were able to build it.

Funny. I won't bother discussing your last line, but we both know how that worked out.

Infrastructure was built by American workers.
Worked out fine.

The pipeline wasn't.

A State Department report on the pipeline that was issued under the Obama administration found that there would be 3,900 direct construction jobs if it was built over one year, or 1,950 if the work was spread over two years.

Keystone pipeline: How many jobs it would really create

CNN says 3900 jobs. Sounds good to me.
Get 'er done!
Nowhere close to 42,000 jobs. Most of it is already done anyway so I would guess about 3 or 4 hundred at most, and that would include all the extra added at motels and convenience stores that would service the pipeline workers. They lied about almost every aspect of the pipeline. Just admit it.

I'm happy with 3900. That's more than the 0 created when Obama rejected the pipeline. Right?

Funny. I won't bother discussing your last line, but we both know how that worked out.

Worked out fine.

The pipeline wasn't.

It wasn't built?

Worked out fine.

The pipeline wasn't.

It wasn't built?
Most of it was.A small part is remaining. Workers on any part were not required to be American. The owners of the line refused to use only american workers.

Worked out fine.

The pipeline wasn't.

It wasn't built?
Most of it was.A small part is remaining. Workers on any part were not required to be American. The owners of the line refused to use only american workers.

Most of it was. A small part is remaining.

Excellent!
Get 'er done!

The owners of the line refused to use only american workers.

What percentage were furriners?

Oh is he going to redo the bridges? When is that? Sometime , we will be shocked.

Obama fixed the infrastructure in his 8 years didn't he?

Nope, didn't you hear, Republicans passed the budget and their number 2 goal was to not allow Obama to fix anything. Oh, you want to know what their #1 goal was? What it has always been, to keep their pt job and continue to be paid FT wages, have great benefits and all kinds of perks.

What was the vote that allowed Obama to ship billions to Iran in cold cash?

NON SEQUITUR

/---- it is a valid question

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Used batteries can be recycled, used SMOG, not so much.

Nope, didn't you hear, Republicans passed the budget and their number 2 goal was to not allow Obama to fix anything. Oh, you want to know what their #1 goal was? What it has always been, to keep their pt job and continue to be paid FT wages, have great benefits and all kinds of perks.

NON SEQUITUR

Used batteries can be recycled, used SMOG, not so much.
What's that have to do with your claim Congress kept Obama from doing anything, yet he shipped billions to Iran in hard cash without Congress?

Oh is he going to redo the bridges? When is that? Sometime , we will be shocked.

NON SEQUITUR

It's a dumb question.

NON SEQUITUR

It's a dumb question.
/---- It's not only valid, it's an important question you can't or won't answer.

NON SEQUITUR

It's a dumb question.
/---- It's not only valid, it's an important question you can't or won't answer.

International courts required us to return their money. I know you have been told that before, but you refuse to accept reality.

Keystone XL pipeline would only create 35 permanent jobs

And Obama's Green and Renewable fiasco:

US solar power employs more people than oil, coal and gas combined

and,

U.S. Clean Energy Jobs Surpass Fossil Fuel Employment

Solar energy in the US employs more people than traditional coal, gas and oil combined, a report has found, in a revelation that could undermine Donald Trump’s argument that green energy isn’t good for the economy.

The latest report from the US Department of Energy (DOE) reveals solar energy accounts for the largest proportion of employers in the Electric Power Generation sector, with wind energy the third largest, while the coal industries have declined in the past 10 years.

Solar energy employed 374,000 people over the year 2015-2016, making up 43 per cent of the sector’s workforce, while the traditional fossil fuels combined employed 187,117, making up just 22 per cent of the workforce, according to the report.

When you can run your car on solar, let us know.
It's not as far away as you think.

I will expect the same performance as from a gas powered vehicle, otherwise no dice.

and,

Solar energy in the US employs more people than traditional coal, gas and oil combined, a report has found, in a revelation that could undermine Donald Trump’s argument that green energy isn’t good for the economy.

The latest report from the US Department of Energy (DOE) reveals solar energy accounts for the largest proportion of employers in the Electric Power Generation sector, with wind energy the third largest, while the coal industries have declined in the past 10 years.

Solar energy employed 374,000 people over the year 2015-2016, making up 43 per cent of the sector’s workforce, while the traditional fossil fuels combined employed 187,117, making up just 22 per cent of the workforce, according to the report.

I will expect the same performance as from a gas powered vehicle, otherwise no dice.

Nice.

Not solar.

and,

Nice.

Not solar.
...yet.

NON SEQUITUR

It's a dumb question.

International courts required us to return their money. I know you have been told that before, but you refuse to accept reality.
/----- And when I was told that, I replied: The United States is not a participant in the International Criminal Court (ICC). ... Positions in the United States concerning the ICC vary widely. The Clinton Administration signed the Rome Statute in 2000, but did not submit it for Senate ratification. So they have ZERO power over the US. How's that for some reality?
got nothing.png

NON SEQUITUR

It's a dumb question.

/----- And when I was told that, I replied: The United States is not a participant in the International Criminal Court (ICC). ... Positions in the United States concerning the ICC vary widely. The Clinton Administration signed the Rome Statute in 2000, but did not submit it for Senate ratification. So they have ZERO power over the US. How's that for some reality?
View attachment 135198

Sounds just plain Trumpian. Weasel out of our obligations and the moral high ground. I guess being an example to the world is no longer a priority in an orange clown led country. It's a shame that we are abandoning the integrity that made us the leader of the free world.

It's a dumb question.

View attachment 135198

Sounds just plain Trumpian. Weasel out of our obligations and the moral high ground. I guess being an example to the world is no longer a priority in an orange clown led country. It's a shame that we are abandoning the integrity that made us the leader of the free world.
/-----
1.) Why are you so keen on giving billions to a terror sponsor state like Iran?
2.) Do you think they will use the money to open abortion clinics? Build solar and wind farms?
3.) What part of the International Court has no jurisdiction on the US do you not understand?
4.) And what does Trumpian even mean? How did he weasel out of anything? Obozo already gave them the money.

Republicans want us to live in caves. They seem to be terrified of the modern world, clinging to jobs that are being automated. Jobs that aren't going overseas, they are just going away.

It's a dumb question.

View attachment 135198

/-----
2.) Do you think they will use the money to open abortion clinics? Build solar and wind farms?
3.) What part of the International Court has no jurisdiction on the US do you not understand?
4.) And what does Trumpian even mean? How did he weasel out of anything? Obozo already gave them the money.
Iran wasn't "given" money. Iran's money was returned. Keeping something not yours is theft.

View attachment 135198

/-----
Iran wasn't "given" money. Iran's money was returned. Keeping something not yours is theft.
/---- You mean like income tax, death tax and redistribution of wealth is theft? You mean like that?

Forum List

Back