The Keystone Pipeline: Jobs!

Any money made will stay with the refinery owners

That's awful!
And the taxes they pay?

The refineries are free trade zones, so none of the profit from refining is taxable.

The refineries are free trade zones, so none of the profit from refining is taxable.

Can you prove your claim?

Of course
Free-trade zone - Wikipedia

http://enforcement.trade.gov/ftzpage/letters/ftzlist-map.html#texas

Thanks.

In the United States, FTZs provide Customs-related advantages as well as exemptions from state and local inventory taxes.

Now, do you have a source that actually proves your claim?

Or have you noticed your error?

Obviously you didn't read all of both the links. Free trade zones for each state are listed in the 2nd one

Obviously you didn't read all of both the links.

Neither link backed up your claim.

Try again?

Sure, for the oi; companies/

Yes, oil companies will make a profit. If only some of us received dividends from oil companies.

They will make a fortune while we assume the potential danger of a spill.

Pretty sure pipelines are safer than oil tankers, oil trains and oil trucks.

Yes, but since the country will gain no benefit or advantage from transporting that sludge all the way from the northern border to the Gulf coast. There is no reason to do it at all.

The oil is coming in now. The pipeline is safer than other transportation methods. That's a benefit.
A safer, more secure source of oil from a friendly nation is a benefit.
More profit for US based companies paying US with US workers and US shareholders is a benefit.

A source that was never intended to be used here. We are self sufficient, but that's because of recent fracking advances, and advances in alternative energy. That sludge from Canada is not part of that sufficiency. The profit goes to multi-national corporations who hold no more allegiance to us than to the other countries where they make money, and will not pay any additional taxes on their massive profit increase. They have US workers who won't make a dime more or work an hour more to process Canadian Bitumen instead of crude. I guess they might hire a few more workers along the way, but no more than would be needed for an average big box store, and certainly not as many as would be needed for another super Walmart.

A source that was never intended to be used here. We are self sufficient

Really? Net oil imports are zero? When did that happen?

Just to be clear, are you backing off on all those silly claims of massive job increases? That is after all what was used to sell the project.

Sorry, where did I claim there would be massive job increases?
I know there'll be plenty of construction jobs while it's being built.
A few jobs when it's completed as well as a safer way to get the oil to the refineries.
All good things.
No different than any of the other thousands of miles of US oil pipelines.

Yes, but since the country will gain no benefit or advantage from transporting that sludge all the way from the northern border to the Gulf coast. There is no reason to do it at all.

The oil is coming in now. The pipeline is safer than other transportation methods. That's a benefit.
More profit for US based companies paying US with US workers and US shareholders is a benefit.

A source that was never intended to be used here. We are self sufficient, but that's because of recent fracking advances, and advances in alternative energy. That sludge from Canada is not part of that sufficiency. The profit goes to multi-national corporations who hold no more allegiance to us than to the other countries where they make money, and will not pay any additional taxes on their massive profit increase. They have US workers who won't make a dime more or work an hour more to process Canadian Bitumen instead of crude. I guess they might hire a few more workers along the way, but no more than would be needed for an average big box store, and certainly not as many as would be needed for another super Walmart.

Just to be clear, are you backing off on all those silly claims of massive job increases? That is after all what was used to sell the project.

A few jobs when it's completed as well as a safer way to get the oil to the refineries.
All good things.

Perhaps you didn't claim lots of jobs, but it was among the main claims of Keystone supporters.

All good things.

Perhaps you didn't claim lots of jobs, but it was among the main claims of Keystone supporters.

How many construction jobs were involved?

All good things.

Many proponents, like TransCanada CEO Russ Girling, said the project would create 42,000 jobs. Girling said these jobs would be "ongoing, enduring. Obviously he meant those 42,000 were beyond the relitively few construction jobs.You can't weasel out of the false claims of large job growth by keystone.

All good things.

Many proponents, like TransCanada CEO Russ Girling, said the project would create 42,000 jobs. Girling said these jobs would be "ongoing, enduring. Obviously he meant those 42,000 were beyond the relitively few construction jobs.You can't weasel out of the false claims of large job growth by keystone.

Many proponents, like TransCanada CEO Russ Girling, said the project would create 42,000 jobs.

How many construction jobs were actually created?

All good things.

Many proponents, like TransCanada CEO Russ Girling, said the project would create 42,000 jobs.

Can't say, but certainly much fewer than were claimed. Again, large job growth was one of the top claims by proponents. If desired, I can link multiple videos of Trump making that claim.

All good things.

Can't say, but certainly much fewer than were claimed. Again, large job growth was one of the top claims by proponents. If desired, I can link multiple videos of Trump making that claim.

A State Department report on the pipeline that was issued under the Obama administration found that there would be 3,900 direct construction jobs if it was built over one year, or 1,950 if the work was spread over two years.

Keystone pipeline: How many jobs it would really create

CNN says 3900 jobs. Sounds good to me.
Get 'er done!

Keystone XL pipeline would only create 35 permanent jobs

And Obama's Green and Renewable fiasco:

US solar power employs more people than oil, coal and gas combined

and,

U.S. Clean Energy Jobs Surpass Fossil Fuel Employment

Solar energy in the US employs more people than traditional coal, gas and oil combined, a report has found, in a revelation that could undermine Donald Trump’s argument that green energy isn’t good for the economy.

The latest report from the US Department of Energy (DOE) reveals solar energy accounts for the largest proportion of employers in the Electric Power Generation sector, with wind energy the third largest, while the coal industries have declined in the past 10 years.

Solar energy employed 374,000 people over the year 2015-2016, making up 43 per cent of the sector’s workforce, while the traditional fossil fuels combined employed 187,117, making up just 22 per cent of the workforce, according to the report.

When you can run your car on solar, let us know.

US gets no oil from the pipeline.

The US gets nothing and we hear the brunt of enormous costs.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

and,

Solar energy in the US employs more people than traditional coal, gas and oil combined, a report has found, in a revelation that could undermine Donald Trump’s argument that green energy isn’t good for the economy.

The latest report from the US Department of Energy (DOE) reveals solar energy accounts for the largest proportion of employers in the Electric Power Generation sector, with wind energy the third largest, while the coal industries have declined in the past 10 years.

Solar energy employed 374,000 people over the year 2015-2016, making up 43 per cent of the sector’s workforce, while the traditional fossil fuels combined employed 187,117, making up just 22 per cent of the workforce, according to the report.

Why do you feel that?

we hear the brunt of enormous costs.

What costs?

and,

How many permanent jobs created by building a bridge?

You lefties keep validating why America has turned its back on you.

Good question - unlike this idiotic pipeline, thousands and thousands of Americans would benefit from infrastructure repairs and maintenance.

The very thing the right always fights against.

and,

Why do you feel that?

What costs?

"FEEL"??

I prefer facts and the fact is, this oil go on the world market. It will actually lower our oil profit.

Why do RWNJs refuse to educate themselves? Why do you ALWAYS have to be spoon fed?

Especially since you ALWAYS go right back to fake news sites and ALWAYS go right back to spouting lies.

and,

I run my electric bike on solar. In my community we see many Tesla's and lots of solar panels on roofs heating swimming pools.

/---- Research the environmental damage created in the production of electric car batteries and get back to us. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Oh is he going to redo the bridges? When is that? Sometime , we will be shocked.

Obama fixed the infrastructure in his 8 years didn't he?

Nope, didn't you hear, Republicans passed the budget and their number 2 goal was to not allow Obama to fix anything. Oh, you want to know what their #1 goal was? What it has always been, to keep their pt job and continue to be paid FT wages, have great benefits and all kinds of perks.

What was the vote that allowed Obama to ship billions to Iran in cold cash?

NON SEQUITUR

/---- it is a valid question

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

A State Department report on the pipeline that was issued under the Obama administration found that there would be 3,900 direct construction jobs if it was built over one year, or 1,950 if the work was spread over two years.

Get 'er done!
Nowhere close to 42,000 jobs. Most of it is already done anyway so I would guess about 3 or 4 hundred at most, and that would include all the extra added at motels and convenience stores that would service the pipeline workers. They lied about almost every aspect of the pipeline. Just admit it.

and,

Good question - unlike this idiotic pipeline, thousands and thousands of Americans would benefit from infrastructure repairs and maintenance.

The very thing the right always fights against.

/----- What was the results of Oboz's StimuLESS packages. Did they build anything other than the Union pensions?

and,

Why do you feel that?

What costs?

"FEEL"??

I prefer facts and the fact is, this oil go on the world market. It will actually lower our oil profit.

Why do RWNJs refuse to educate themselves? Why do you ALWAYS have to be spoon fed?

Especially since you ALWAYS go right back to fake news sites and ALWAYS go right back to spouting lies.

I prefer facts and the fact is, this oil go on the world market.

You have any data on how much of this oil is exported from the Gulf region?
Versus how much is refined here? Or are you making shit up?

It will actually lower our oil profit.

Our oil profit? Are you an oil company?

Why do RWNJs refuse to educate themselves?

Post some facts. Educate me. Or continue to post your fact-free feelings.

Why do you ALWAYS have to be spoon fed?

I don't require feeding. Just proof of your BS claims.

Get 'er done!
Nowhere close to 42,000 jobs. Most of it is already done anyway so I would guess about 3 or 4 hundred at most, and that would include all the extra added at motels and convenience stores that would service the pipeline workers. They lied about almost every aspect of the pipeline. Just admit it.

Nowhere close to 42,000 jobs.

I'm happy with 3900. That's more than the 0 created when Obama rejected the pipeline. Right?

Most of it is already done anyway

Excellent! Glad those American workers were able to build it.

Get 'er done!

I'm happy with 3900. That's more than the 0 created when Obama rejected the pipeline. Right?

Funny. I won't bother discussing your last line, but we both know how that worked out.

Get 'er done!

Funny. I won't bother discussing your last line, but we both know how that worked out.

Infrastructure was built by American workers.
Worked out fine.

Forum List

Back