The junk pile: All things 80's

Most of the bands I liked in the 80's had already become superstars in the 70's....like Genesis. There were a few true 80's bands that got a nod from me, however...like the Eurythmics.

The only redeeming interest of the 1980s was;

Screen-Shot-2020-07-10-at-6.29.03-pm-76d7.png

I mean, I used to hear her all the time around '82 - '84 or so on the adult soft contemporary rock stations. Then it seemed like she just evaporated into thin air. *POOF!*

Laura Branigan, a singer whose high-volume vocals in the disco-style song ''Gloria'' propelled her into pop stardom, died in her sleep Thursday night at her home in East Quogue, N.Y. She was 47. The cause was a brain aneurysm, said her brother Mark Branigan.Aug 29, 2004

Laura Branigan, a singer whose high-volume vocals in the disco-style song ''Gloria'' propelled her into pop stardom, died in her sleep Thursday night at her home in East Quogue, N.Y. She was 47. The cause was a brain aneurysm, said her brother Mark Branigan.Aug 29, 2004

Not to keep beating the horse, but I'm talking about the 20 years prior to her death. After the mid 80s she seemed to become a non entity.

Forum List

Back