The Jobs Report is the Original fake news

Fake news is not always about outright falsehoods; it is also about facts telling a supposedly true story that just isn’t so.
I don't really agree with this definition of "fake" news. I teach my students to question any stats, though, since the article is dead on in describing how accurate numbers can be presented to give a false impression. Statistics are heavily manipulated. More articles like the OP's might help people understand that.

We need a new statistic to count the 95 million people not working and EXCLUDED from the unemployment number statistic. How about "Involuntarily retired"?

You are a fucking imbecile......

Go to BLS and learn something....

The guy is a fucking idiot....

U3 is U3........if you don't understand what it measures, shut the fuck up.....

The U6 is a true indicator of unemployment...if you don't understand what IT measures....shut the fuck up

I understand that U3 has historically been the headline number.......it fell into disfavor with certain elements of the Chronically Stupid when it began to plummet post 2010.....

When did U6 become "a true indicator of unemployment"? When did YOU start paying attention to it?

And, since you appear in the mood to show off, Gassy....

What percentage of all net gains in private sector payrolls since Feb, 2001 have been realized since Feb. 2009?

(SHOW ALL YOUR WORK AND IDENTIFY THE SOURCE OF YOUR DATA)

Do you have any idea where to find the numbers?

Fake news is not always about outright falsehoods; it is also about facts telling a supposedly true story that just isn’t so.
I don't really agree with this definition of "fake" news. I teach my students to question any stats, though, since the article is dead on in describing how accurate numbers can be presented to give a false impression. Statistics are heavily manipulated. More articles like the OP's might help people understand that.
The OP's article is Rube Bait.......anyone who actually spends time with this data understands what each of the U series measures, and its shortcomings......

That is why it is critically important to look at

nominal jobs data
civilian labor force growth

and

Real Median Household Income

to get a true sense of the state of labor markets....

our problem isn't with U3 reporting.....it's with idiots being spoonfed nonsense by the likes of CNS, CNBC, Breitbart and the OP's source.....

Funny x 1 Odium

You wanna good laugh?

Here is the series for Full Time employment

Employed, Usually Work Full Time

It shows (in thousands) for Feb 2001

For Feb 2009

In that 8 year span, the economy saw a net gain of 777,000 full time jobs.....

After the passage of ACA in March, 2010, full time employment stood at

as of the most recent count, it is

Of the net gains since 2001, 124% have been realized SINCE the passage of ACA.......

40% unemployment? How come you and Trump don't use the same bullshit math to come up with the real unemployment rate today? Fucking hypocrites.

Oh, and Trump's jobs numbers are fake too

U.S. adds just 130,000 jobs, a sign Trump’s trade war may have begun hiring slowdown

The job gain was boosted by the temporary hiring of 25,000 government workers for the 2020 Census. Excluding all government hiring, businesses added just 96,000 jobs, the fewest since May.

96,000 jobs? What did you guys say about Obama when he had a bad jobs report?

And we know the slowing down of our economy is because of Trump's trade war with China. He is to blame.

Forum List

Back