The Jewish "race"?

ON Wiki Judaism is listed under religion, as they come from all nations and they spread out over the globe, so those born in Israel are Israelites, like those born in Palestine are Palestinians, and those born in France are French. We have Orthodox Jews, Secular Jews, Atheist Jews, and since one can become Jewish like one can become RC , it has to be a religion. I imagine its like RC, if one is born to a RC in the old days one is brought up in the RC faith so a child takes the mothers faith. Now days its still so, till the time a child grows and makes his own decision. Where do Jews originate from, good question, they don't really know either I don't think.

They do as DNA studies have shown the originate from Judea and Samaria

And their DNA is close to the Arab Palestinians. They are Canaanites then.

"Canaanite" is not a race.

I find the "genetic groupings" at best, tenuous...

As the same could be said of large groupings of people from other religions...

Roman Catholics in Italy for example, their genetic make up, I would suggest, is very similar. Likewise most other Catholic countries...

Doesn't make Roman Catholic a race, simply a religion that is followed by people with very similar genetics.

And again, I could convert to become a Roman Catholic, I couldn't convert to become Asian or Mediterranean race.

Roman Catholics in Italy for example, their genetic make up, I would suggest, is very similar. Likewise most other Catholic countries...

Doesn't make Roman Catholic a race, simply a religion that is followed by people with very similar genetics.

And again, I could convert to become a Roman Catholic, I couldn't convert to become Asian or Mediterranean race.

It makes Italians a sub race of the Caucasians though doesn't it.

While the genetic tests show a marked match with the Sephardic Jews of the M.E. who have never left since before the diaspora then who are you a mere dabbler with a political axe to grind to say that they are not a race.
You could convert to Judaism but you cant convert to Jew, when you see the difference then you will understand

While the genetic tests show a marked match with the Sephardic Jews of the M.E. who have never left since before the diaspora then who are you a mere dabbler with a political axe to grind to say that they are not a race.
You could convert to Judaism but you cant convert to Jew, when you see the difference then you will understand
Some consider Jewry to be a race.
Some consider it to be a religious group.
Others even simply consider it to be a culture.
Some consider it to be some mixture of the three.
I agree with the Rabbi on this one: it is a religious group.

Many US-Americans say that they are "1/2 Jewish" or "1/4 Indian" - but what exactly should that mean? Is a dude's liver "Jewish", but maybe his pancreas "Protestant"?

Some can make the argument that Jewry is a race because Halakha (Jewish Law) dictates that the religion is passed from the mother to the child. And every child born of a Jewish mother is indeed, in the eyes of Halakha, automatically Jewish. But people can also convert to Judaism. There are Black Jews (see: Ethiopia), there are Indian (as in, the sub-continent) Jews, there are Chinese Jews, there are Latino Jews, there are White Jews and of course, there are Middle-Eastern Jews. Hell, there are even Jewish Eskimos - so Jews can belong to many different races.

There is nothing in the Tanakh that states that Jews are supposed to belong to one race or be a race unto themselves. They were (are) supposed to be a religious group until themselves.

Plus, since the NAZIs deliberately used genealogical tables to decide who was "Jewish" enough to be murdered brutally through systematic genocide on the order ot 6 to 7 million Jews, most Jews are therefore somewhat allergic to the use of race in describing the oldest monotheistic religion in the world.

Therefore, if your question was really an truly probing to learn some facts, I hope this helped.

But if you are just trying to flame Jews because you hate them, then go shove it where the sun don't shine. I've seen lots and lots of Jew-haters start with pleasantly worded questions like this.

How about that for a succinct answer?

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?
Correct. Complete.Concise. A+
ON Wiki Judaism is listed under religion, as they come from all nations and they spread out over the globe, so those born in Israel are Israelites, like those born in Palestine are Palestinians, and those born in France are French. We have Orthodox Jews, Secular Jews, Atheist Jews, and since one can become Jewish like one can become RC , it has to be a religion. I imagine its like RC, if one is born to a RC in the old days one is brought up in the RC faith so a child takes the mothers faith. Now days its still so, till the time a child grows and makes his own decision. Where do Jews originate from, good question, they don't really know either I don't think.

WRONG as their DNA is a very poor match at 83%, which is less than the match with dogs, pigs and bananas. Yet the Jews tested have a 94% to 97% match with each other. You need to look at the mitochondrial DNA and not the more common forms of DNA that show a common ancestor for all living things.

Hogwash, to find a purebred Israelite today is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

How long have you been looking?

Do you breed dogs too?

:rofl:

Anti-semitic haters like Penelope and the author of the OP itself always exhibit the same pattern of behavior. Yepp, I was able to smell this one a million miles away.

And Jew-haters wonder why we laugh at them.

Many US-Americans say that they are "1/2 Jewish" or "1/4 Indian" - but what exactly should that mean? Is a dude's liver "Jewish", but maybe his pancreas "Protestant"?

Some can make the argument that Jewry is a race because Halakha (Jewish Law) dictates that the religion is passed from the mother to the child. And every child born of a Jewish mother is indeed, in the eyes of Halakha, automatically Jewish. But people can also convert to Judaism. There are Black Jews (see: Ethiopia), there are Indian (as in, the sub-continent) Jews, there are Chinese Jews, there are Latino Jews, there are White Jews and of course, there are Middle-Eastern Jews. Hell, there are even Jewish Eskimos - so Jews can belong to many different races.

There is nothing in the Tanakh that states that Jews are supposed to belong to one race or be a race unto themselves. They were (are) supposed to be a religious group until themselves.

Plus, since the NAZIs deliberately used genealogical tables to decide who was "Jewish" enough to be murdered brutally through systematic genocide on the order ot 6 to 7 million Jews, most Jews are therefore somewhat allergic to the use of race in describing the oldest monotheistic religion in the world.

Therefore, if your question was really an truly probing to learn some facts, I hope this helped.

But if you are just trying to flame Jews because you hate them, then go shove it where the sun don't shine. I've seen lots and lots of Jew-haters start with pleasantly worded questions like this.

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

WRONG as their DNA is a very poor match at 83%, which is less than the match with dogs, pigs and bananas. Yet the Jews tested have a 94% to 97% match with each other. You need to look at the mitochondrial DNA and not the more common forms of DNA that show a common ancestor for all living things.

Hogwash, to find a purebred Israelite today is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

How long have you been looking?

Do you breed dogs too?

:rofl:

Anti-semitic haters like Penelope and the author of the OP itself always exhibit the same pattern of behavior. Yepp, I was able to smell this one a million miles away.

And Jew-haters wonder why we laugh at them.

They are so boringly predictable in their banality.

I wonder if one person plays all the parts.

I don't know why they bother.

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

You wish, but the truth is very few arabs can call the Jews even fifth cousins they are that far separated at the Mitochondrial DNA level. And the fact that Ashkenazi Jews have a very close match at that level proves that they are real Jews. In fact the match can tell which tribe they originated from in Judea and Samaria.

5 So the people of Israel dwelt among the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Per′izzites, the Hivites, and the Jeb′usites; 6 and they took their daughters to themselves for wives, and their own daughters they gave to their sons; and they served their gods.

So then since the Canaanites weren't a race and aren't none of the others are and neither are the Israelites, is this what your saying.

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

You wish, but the truth is very few arabs can call the Jews even fifth cousins they are that far separated at the Mitochondrial DNA level. And the fact that Ashkenazi Jews have a very close match at that level proves that they are real Jews. In fact the match can tell which tribe they originated from in Judea and Samaria.

Who says.

5 So the people of Israel dwelt among the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Per′izzites, the Hivites, and the Jeb′usites; 6 and they took their daughters to themselves for wives, and their own daughters they gave to their sons; and they served their gods.

So then since the Canaanites weren't a race and aren't none of the others are and neither are the Israelites, is this what your saying.

The Canaanites were a folk. Dear Lord in heaven, you are really, really dense, what?

That was what 4000 or more years ago, when racial characteristics would be just starting to form from the bringing together of the tribes. Over the next 1000 years the other tribes will have been assimilated into the Israelites and thus created a new race. Because of constant interbreeding within this genepool the racial DNA will have been formed and this has led to the DNA of todays Jews. Just as the arab muslims have interbred within family units creating genetic defects and leading to problems of a medical nature. Two separate and distinct races that have very little in common.

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

Who says.

The geneticists of course, you know those people who look at DNA and find the matches . I take you have heard of the Cohen gene that links Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews to the tribal level

That was what 4000 or more years ago, when racial characteristics would be just starting to form from the bringing together of the tribes. Over the next 1000 years the other tribes will have been assimilated into the Israelites and thus created a new race. Because of constant interbreeding within this genepool the racial DNA will have been formed and this has led to the DNA of todays Jews. Just as the arab muslims have interbred within family units creating genetic defects and leading to problems of a medical nature. Two separate and distinct races that have very little in common.

But there are many Jews like myself, who though mixed marriages have little or perhaps none of that DNA. So, it's a moot point in many ways.

The juden are the chameleon's of humanity.

They will hide behind religion if it furthers their racist apartheid goals.

And in an instant reject religion and cling to saving their race as the motivation for their psychopathic agenda. ...... :cool:

Sunni Man, et al,

I'm confused again!!! The population of Israel contains all four racial classifications (white/Caucasian, Mongoloid/Asian, Negroid/Black, and Australoid) and ethnic groups from a multitude of countries that speak dozens of different languages. To be Jewish is to be part of an ethno-religious group (people whose members are unified by a common religious background) --- not a single racial group and not a stand-alone ethnic group.

Today, while Israel (the Jewish National Home) is the only country where the majority religion is Judaism (≈ 80%) [a monotheistic religion, with the Torah as its foundation], most of whom are a complex mix of secular or traditional Jews; there are other considerations. There are also an unofficial segment of the Jewish community that is described as part of the Conservative, Reform, and Reconstructionist branches of Judaism.

More importantly Israel has an additional component in the population; that of Muslims (14.6%); as well as Christians (2.1%), which are largely Greek Catholic or Greek Orthodox. The remaining 3.2% of the population is a sample of other religions.

And in an instant reject religion and cling to saving their race as the motivation for their psychopathic agenda. ...... :cool:
(COMMENT)

The Israelis are not hiding behind a religion, let alone behind a racial element.

You are just throwing terms together (religion and racist) to draw the sympathy out of the audience.

(QUESTION)

What is the "psychopathic agenda" (utilize every opportunity available to do evil) you are talking about? It is the Arab Palestinian that takes every opportunity to justify Jihadist action and Armed Struggle.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

Don't you have some goats to see to, or are you now onto sheep ?

Read the Koran lately and seen how much it teaches psychopathic behaviour and barbarity ?

Read the Koran lately and seen how much it teaches psychopathic behaviour and barbarity ?

Phoney talking about psychopaths is hilarious. Is killing thousands of women and children every 2 years or so (as Israelis do in Gaza) less or more psychopathic than other such behavior?

Phoney talking about psychopaths is hilarious. Is killing thousands of women and children every 2 years or so (as Israelis do in Gaza) less or more psychopathic than other such behavior?
Glad you find it hilarious.

I'm sure the IDF finds it hilarious, as well, when you whiny types put on the hair shirt, for Gazan civilian casualties that could have been avoided, if Hamas had the balls to position their war-assets beyond the proximity of their own civilian population, hiding behind the skirts of their women and children, like the cowards they are.

Sunni Man, et al,

I'm confused again!!! The population of Israel contains all four racial classifications (white/Caucasian, Mongoloid/Asian, Negroid/Black, and Australoid) and ethnic groups from a multitude of countries that speak dozens of different languages. To be Jewish is to be part of an ethno-religious group (people whose members are unified by a common religious background) --- not a single racial group and not a stand-alone ethnic group.

Today, while Israel (the Jewish National Home) is the only country where the majority religion is Judaism (≈ 80%) [a monotheistic religion, with the Torah as its foundation], most of whom are a complex mix of secular or traditional Jews; there are other considerations. There are also an unofficial segment of the Jewish community that is described as part of the Conservative, Reform, and Reconstructionist branches of Judaism.

More importantly Israel has an additional component in the population; that of Muslims (14.6%); as well as Christians (2.1%), which are largely Greek Catholic or Greek Orthodox. The remaining 3.2% of the population is a sample of other religions.

(COMMENT)

The Israelis are not hiding behind a religion, let alone behind a racial element.

You are just throwing terms together (religion and racist) to draw the sympathy out of the audience.

(QUESTION)

What is the "psychopathic agenda" (utilize every opportunity available to do evil) you are talking about? It is the Arab Palestinian that takes every opportunity to justify Jihadist action and Armed Struggle.

Most Respectfully,
R

The resistance of the non-Jews against Jews in the area that was once the Palestinian Mandate territory is not different than the resistance of other people in similar circumstances. Why do you single Palestinians out? Arab Algerians, non-White South Africans, Irish Catholics in Northern Ireland, etc. all acted in similar fashion.

As you have been told the blame lies firmly at the feet of hamas who placed them in the direct line of fire. Do you expect the Israelis to just stand by and let the Palestinians murder their children to slake the Palestinians bloodlust and religious commands. You deliberately ignore those commands because they go against your POV and show the Palestinians for the psychopathic blood crazed murdering scum that they are

Sunni Man, et al,

(COMMENT)

(QUESTION)

Most Respectfully,
R

The resistance of the non-Jews against Jews in the area that was once the Palestinian Mandate territory is not different than the resistance of other people in similar circumstances. Why do you single Palestinians out? Arab Algerians, non-White South Africans, Irish Catholics in Northern Ireland, etc. all acted in similar fashion.

Because this section is for the Israel and Palestine area not for any other part of the world. If you cant keep on topic then find another board to infest with your ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDA and LIES

Glad you find it hilarious.

I'm sure the IDF finds it hilarious, as well, when you whiny types put on the hair shirt, for Gazan civilian casualties that could have been avoided, if Hamas had the balls to position their war-assets beyond the proximity of their own civilian population, hiding behind the skirts of their women and children, like the cowards they are.

The old "blame the victim" game. Cowards are those that use F16s to bomb schools full of children.

Forum List

Back