The Jewish "race"?

Humanity

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2014
Following on from a comment in a recent post regarding the Rabbi who stated "Jews are not a race, we are a religious group."

Then how can comments made about the struggle in the ME supporting Palestinians be considered racist against Jews?

Surely race is a genetic distinction, and refers to people with shared ancestry and shared genetic traits. You can't change your race; it's in your DNA. I could never become black or Asian no matter how much I might want to. However, I can become Jewish...

Yes, DNA testing has been carried out to try and prove that Jews are a race, however, there does appear to be quite some differential between the various Jewish 'races'...

I believe that there are some Jews who are offended by the thought of Judaism as being consider a 'race'... Preferring to be considered a 'religious family'.

Some consider Jewry to be a race.
Some consider it to be a religious group.
Others even simply consider it to be a culture.
Some consider it to be some mixture of the three.
I agree with the Rabbi on this one: it is a religious group.

Many US-Americans say that they are "1/2 Jewish" or "1/4 Indian" - but what exactly should that mean? Is a dude's liver "Jewish", but maybe his pancreas "Protestant"?

Some can make the argument that Jewry is a race because Halakha (Jewish Law) dictates that the religion is passed from the mother to the child. And every child born of a Jewish mother is indeed, in the eyes of Halakha, automatically Jewish. But people can also convert to Judaism. There are Black Jews (see: Ethiopia), there are Indian (as in, the sub-continent) Jews, there are Chinese Jews, there are Latino Jews, there are White Jews and of course, there are Middle-Eastern Jews. Hell, there are even Jewish Eskimos - so Jews can belong to many different races.

There is nothing in the Tanakh that states that Jews are supposed to belong to one race or be a race unto themselves. They were (are) supposed to be a religious group until themselves.

Plus, since the NAZIs deliberately used genealogical tables to decide who was "Jewish" enough to be murdered brutally through systematic genocide on the order ot 6 to 7 million Jews, most Jews are therefore somewhat allergic to the use of race in describing the oldest monotheistic religion in the world.

Therefore, if your question was really an truly probing to learn some facts, I hope this helped.

But if you are just trying to flame Jews because you hate them, then go shove it where the sun don't shine. I've seen lots and lots of Jew-haters start with pleasantly worded questions like this.

How about that for a succinct answer?

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

Many US-Americans say that they are "1/2 Jewish" or "1/4 Indian" - but what exactly should that mean? Is a dude's liver "Jewish", but maybe his pancreas "Protestant"?

Some can make the argument that Jewry is a race because Halakha (Jewish Law) dictates that the religion is passed from the mother to the child. And every child born of a Jewish mother is indeed, in the eyes of Halakha, automatically Jewish. But people can also convert to Judaism. There are Black Jews (see: Ethiopia), there are Indian (as in, the sub-continent) Jews, there are Chinese Jews, there are Latino Jews, there are White Jews and of course, there are Middle-Eastern Jews. Hell, there are even Jewish Eskimos - so Jews can belong to many different races.

There is nothing in the Tanakh that states that Jews are supposed to belong to one race or be a race unto themselves. They were (are) supposed to be a religious group until themselves.

Plus, since the NAZIs deliberately used genealogical tables to decide who was "Jewish" enough to be murdered brutally through systematic genocide on the order ot 6 to 7 million Jews, most Jews are therefore somewhat allergic to the use of race in describing the oldest monotheistic religion in the world.

Therefore, if your question was really an truly probing to learn some facts, I hope this helped.

But if you are just trying to flame Jews because you hate them, then go shove it where the sun don't shine. I've seen lots and lots of Jew-haters start with pleasantly worded questions like this.

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

Thank you...

I thought your reply was succinct and informative...

A shame you had to let yourself down with hate at the end.

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

Thank you...

No hate, just a warning. I approach all homo sapiens of good will with good will.

Learn the difference.

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

Thank you...

No hate, just a warning. I approach all homo sapiens of good will with good will.

Learn the difference.

A warning? WTF!

You obviously don't approach all homo sapiens with good will if you have to give "warnings".

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

Thank you...

Learn the difference.

A warning? WTF!

You obviously don't approach all homo sapiens with good will if you have to give "warnings".

We are talking about entering stats mind here. There should be warning flags all around us with reds lights flashing saying stop do not enter.

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

Thank you...

Learn the difference.

A warning? WTF!

We are talking about entering stats mind here. There should be warning flags all around us with reds lights flashing saying stop do not enter.

??

Following on from a comment in a recent post regarding the Rabbi who stated "Jews are not a race, we are a religious group."

Then how can comments made about the struggle in the ME supporting Palestinians be considered racist against Jews?

Surely race is a genetic distinction, and refers to people with shared ancestry and shared genetic traits. You can't change your race; it's in your DNA. I could never become black or Asian no matter how much I might want to. However, I can become Jewish...

Yes, DNA testing has been carried out to try and prove that Jews are a race, however, there does appear to be quite some differential between the various Jewish 'races'...

I believe that there are some Jews who are offended by the thought of Judaism as being consider a 'race'... Preferring to be considered a 'religious family'.

When links are produced that show arab muslim leaders as late as the 1960's have stated publicly that the Palestinians are illegal immigrants from Syria, Egypt and Iran then how can team Palestine deny the evidence.

The problem lies in the fact that Jewish can mean race, culture or religion and ANTI SEMITES pounce on the fact that some few Jews are not related to the Sephardic Jews of Israel. You could not become Asian but you could become muslim which many ISLAMONAZIS see as a distinct race and claim that stopping them from committing a crime is racist.

DNA testing has shown that Sephardic Jews show a 93 to 95 % match to Ashkenazi and Ethiopian Jews, while at the same time showing that arab muslim have less of a match than they have to dogs, apes and bananas at less than 85%. The only difference between the Jewish "races" is that dragged into the melting pot by NAZI JEW HATING ANTI SEMITES that produce 20 year old DNA tests from pro Islamic sites as their "hard" evidence or constantly harp on about the Jews being a mongrel race/culture.

They would be the ultra orthodox true torah Jews that exist in their few thousands, and as such are not counted in the big picture.

Now try and deny that this post by you was not RACIALLY motivated by your ISLAMONAZI ANTI SEMITIC POV

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

Thank you...

Learn the difference.

A warning? WTF!

??

Don't ask.

ON Wiki Judaism is listed under religion, as they come from all nations and they spread out over the globe, so those born in Israel are Israelites, like those born in Palestine are Palestinians, and those born in France are French. We have Orthodox Jews, Secular Jews, Atheist Jews, and since one can become Jewish like one can become RC , it has to be a religion. I imagine its like RC, if one is born to a RC in the old days one is brought up in the RC faith so a child takes the mothers faith. Now days its still so, till the time a child grows and makes his own decision. Where do Jews originate from, good question, they don't really know either I don't think.

When links are produced that show arab muslim leaders as late as the 1960's have stated publicly that the Palestinians are illegal immigrants from Syria, Egypt and Iran then how can team Palestine deny the evidence.

The problem lies in the fact that Jewish can mean race, culture or religion and ANTI SEMITES pounce on the fact that some few Jews are not related to the Sephardic Jews of Israel. You could not become Asian but you could become muslim which many ISLAMONAZIS see as a distinct race and claim that stopping them from committing a crime is racist.

DNA testing has shown that Sephardic Jews show a 93 to 95 % match to Ashkenazi and Ethiopian Jews, while at the same time showing that arab muslim have less of a match than they have to dogs, apes and bananas at less than 85%. The only difference between the Jewish "races" is that dragged into the melting pot by NAZI JEW HATING ANTI SEMITES that produce 20 year old DNA tests from pro Islamic sites as their "hard" evidence or constantly harp on about the Jews being a mongrel race/culture.

They would be the ultra orthodox true torah Jews that exist in their few thousands, and as such are not counted in the big picture.

Now try and deny that this post by you was not RACIALLY motivated by your ISLAMONAZI ANTI SEMITIC POV

Produce these links: show arab muslim leaders as late as the 1960's

For once you are correct Phoney.... I cannot become Asian but I can become Muslim... In the same way that I can become Jewish...

And quite clearly Muslim is not race...

Therefore my post then cannot be "racially motivated" as Jew is not a race...

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

Thank you...

Learn the difference.

A warning? WTF!

In the case of Pali-freaks, it is sometimes very necessary.

For once you are correct Phoney.... I cannot become Asian but I can become Muslim... In the same way that I can become Jewish...

I hear that Hamas is looking for some new recruits..... people with the ability to strap things to their bodies...

How true.

I hear that Hamas is looking for some new recruits..... people with the ability to strap things to their bodies...

Not entirely sure what that has to do with the OP?

And was it not you who mentioned a "warning" against flaming?

Not entirely sure what that has to do with the OP?

And was it not you who mentioned a "warning" against flaming?

Do you feel flamed? Really?

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

Thank you...

Learn the difference.

A warning? WTF!

Hes a clown and clowning around.

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

Thank you...

Learn the difference.

A warning? WTF!

You know nothing of me. But I am well aware of your hatred for Jews.

watching-you.png

How did I do, Hossfly ?

Thank you...

Learn the difference.

A warning? WTF!

You know nothing of me. But I am well aware of your hatred for Jews.

Don't overestimate my feelings about Jews. As far as I'm concerned human reap what they sow, and to put you all in one basket is like putting Islam all in one basket, but Jews do that, we don't. You think we care about your religion, we don't, we are concerned about you as Zionist, an ideology somewhat like the Nazi or Communist ideology. Get over yourself.

PS: actually I was referring to your avatar.

Forum List

Back