The Insiders: The president plans to raise your power bill

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
you voted for it...enjoy it when the bills come in...:clap2:

SNIP:

By Ed Rogers, Published: June 24, 2013 at 9:11 amE-mail the writer

On Tuesday, President Obama will announce his plan to increase everyone’s power bill. Or, as he puts it, “a national plan to reduce carbon pollution, prepare our country for the impacts of climate change and lead global efforts to fight it.”

If you accept the science of global warming, then you accept the fact that the president’s unilateral action on climate change will have absolutely no effect in terms of adjusting the global thermostat to a temperature Obama finds desirable. The rest of the developing world, anchored by India and China, are building carbon-burning factories, power plants and even whole new cities that will overwhelm any new rules the president may impose on Americans and our struggling economy.

Other recent events confirm the president’s isolation and his lack of advisers who will challenge his biases, but even in this extreme isolation he must know his actions will have no effect on the Earth’s climate. So why is he taking this step — especially now, when our economy is so fragile? Driving up the cost of energy will, at the very least, add stress to U.S. households and further erode U.S. manufacturing.

As I have written before, I believe the president is ideologically motivated when it comes to global warming. He believes American lifestyles are unnecessarily wasteful and that we should temper our ambitions and adopt a lifestyle more to his liking. Essentially, it would suit him if we all lived in a college town and rode a bicycle.

Also, I believe part of the president’s motivation for his pointless act is punitive. Obama wants to punish America for its wasteful past. But of course, the rules don’t apply to him and his family. A life of large homes, private jets, big cars and cash payments from the oil and gas industry await him in his private life. Just ask former vice president Al Gore. Voters notice that Democrats have a blind spot to the hypocrisy that surrounds global-warming politics.

All of it here with comments

“If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them,” Obama said, responding to a question about his cap-and-trade plan. He later added, “Under my plan electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.”

yahoooooo...what a President FOR THE PEOPLE

suckers

SNIP:

On Tuesday, President Obama will announce his plan to increase everyone’s power bill. Or, as he puts it, “a national plan to reduce carbon pollution, prepare our country for the impacts of climate change and lead global efforts to fight it.”

If you accept the science of global warming, then you accept the fact that the president’s unilateral action on climate change will have absolutely no effect in terms of adjusting the global thermostat to a temperature Obama finds desirable. The rest of the developing world, anchored by India and China, are building carbon-burning factories, power plants and even whole new cities that will overwhelm any new rules the president may impose on Americans and our struggling economy.

Other recent events confirm the president’s isolation and his lack of advisers who will challenge his biases, but even in this extreme isolation he must know his actions will have no effect on the Earth’s climate. So why is he taking this step — especially now, when our economy is so fragile? Driving up the cost of energy will, at the very least, add stress to U.S. households and further erode U.S. manufacturing.

As I have written before, I believe the president is ideologically motivated when it comes to global warming. He believes American lifestyles are unnecessarily wasteful and that we should temper our ambitions and adopt a lifestyle more to his liking. Essentially, it would suit him if we all lived in a college town and rode a bicycle.

Also, I believe part of the president’s motivation for his pointless act is punitive. Obama wants to punish America for its wasteful past. But of course, the rules don’t apply to him and his family. A life of large homes, private jets, big cars and cash payments from the oil and gas industry await him in his private life. Just ask former vice president Al Gore. Voters notice that Democrats have a blind spot to the hypocrisy that surrounds global-warming politics.

something tells me people in high places have their future and or current fortunes in the green industry...

He talked about this before he was even elected and the low IQ voters still voted for himi

Yes, he did. Here's the video and they want to steal your money and this is the easiest way for them to do it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6TbGCRevas]Obama My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Necessarily Skyrocket.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

the only people this will hurt is the working middle class.

the "poor" will do what the poor usually do... put their hand out for the tax payers to pay their way.

the "poor" will do what the poor usually do... put their hand out for the tax payers to pay their way.

It won't be enough of a handout for them to pay these high bills syrenn
Just like the elderly have frozen in the past.
We have about 815 poor and elderly die each year because of the high cost of heating bills.
This winter it's going to be much higher and worse.
It's going to hurt and kill many poor, elderly and middle class.

And it's not just here in America, the UK has seen a rise also.
Frozen to death as fuel bills soar: Hypothermia cases among the elderly double in five years | Mail Online

We will start seeing this also each winter.
So if the winter's don't kill you, the New Health Care Bill will, both are very bad for this country.

this administration will have a lot of blood on their hands by the time they are done..and it will be yours right here at home

It won't be enough of a handout for them to pay these high bills syrenn
Just like the elderly have frozen in the past.
We have about 815 poor and elderly die each year because of the high cost of heating bills.
This winter it's going to be much higher and worse.
It's going to hurt and kill many poor, elderly and middle class.

And it's not just here in America, the UK has seen a rise also.
Frozen to death as fuel bills soar: Hypothermia cases among the elderly double in five years | Mail Online

We will start seeing this also each winter.
So if the winter's don't kill you, the New Health Care Bill will, both are very bad for this country.

Liberal experts will come along and produce a study about how peaceful freezing to death is. Quite pleasant actually. Freezing to death will be portrayed by government reports as both enjoyable and patriotic. It's for the children.

“If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them,” Obama said, responding to a question about his cap-and-trade plan. He later added, “Under my plan electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.”

yahoooooo...what a President FOR THE PEOPLE

suckers

Disagree with that. He told them exactly what he was going to do and the low information morons and others supported him with their votes, twice if that quote's from before the '08 election as I think it is. That's not being suckered. He flat out told them it was going to hit them in their wallets but that didn't matter to them. It's like they're paying him for their votes!

SNIP:

I'm sorry, I read the entire article and watched the whole video and I don't see anywhere O'bama or anyone else "plans to raise power bills". I see a lot of empty rhetoric from Ed Rogers and O'bama, a lot of proverbial sound and fury signifying nothing.

......Where exactly is the beef?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Nothing? Nobody? Not even no one?
boredsmiley.gif

Last edited:
obama doesn't only want to raise your power bill. He wants to make it unaffordable for you to have power at all. Then the people will rise up and demand clean energy. As if by magic, it will be invented.

We might get so far as the people rising up.

Forum List

Back