The Injustice of Obama raising the capital gains tax

I often remind myself that i'm having this discussion with a person that believes ten years of 2.64% growth = 26.4% growth and a person who can't create a post without using smileys.

That helps keep things in perspective, valeyard.

Oh it's absurd?????????

How long as medicare been extended?

A. Medicare was paid for with a tax.
B. Medicare was started as a permanent program.

On the other hand, almost every program from the New Deal was gone by 1941. The Office of Economic Opportunity and the federal money for public housing development form the 1960's is gone. The money spent to build the Space Shuttle is gone.

I could go on, but you *hopefully* get the point.

Yes. you know what it's used for nowadays? To fund rural broadband. Is that a problem for you?

WHEN has the government cut ANYTHING they ever started and guarranteed money coming into their coffers?

The whole point of the stimulus is that it doesn't involve money coming into the coffers. It's new deficit spending to increase effective demand.

You think medicare is paid for????????

Social Security is paid for????????

Would you explain the deficit if they are all "paid for" with taxes?

Yes, they are paid for. That's what payroll taxes cover. Of course, you'd need to be employed to know that.

And you can't give me the line the deficit was ONLY caused by the Iraq war.

hmmm...Let's see. It's like I already explained that. Here, we'll try again:

Tax cuts, wars and unfunded new programs caused the deficit.

The point being, whether you like it or not, the government NEVER CUTS ANYTHING. You admitted it by admitting the tax for rural phones now brings us (supposedly) rural broadband. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

So the government still funds the WPA and the NIRA? One might begin to think you don't read my posts, you just reply with whatever Valeyard might want.

How is it NEW income if it really is just inflated dollars.

Obviously didn't watch the video or it couldn't permeate your closed leftist mind.

But if you invest 5,000 dollars in 2000, sell it for 6,000 dollars in 2010, but with inflation you really lost money, then a capital gains tax is taking more than 100% of that, isn't it?

Why am I not surprised you can't see that.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
The inflation rate for those 10 years was an average of 2.64% per year so your $1000 profit would be worth $736.00, so how FUZZY must your MATH be to lie that you "really lost money" due to inflation?????? :cuckoo:

That equals up to 26.4%, so what is your point?

If you made 20% on your investment you still lost money.

So, who is doing the "fuzzy math?"

:lol::lol::lol:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EASILY the dumbest post I've seen all day!

The inflation rate for those 10 years was an average of 2.64% per year so your $1000 profit would be worth $736.00, so how FUZZY must your MATH be to lie that you "really lost money" due to inflation?????? :cuckoo:

That equals up to 26.4%, so what is your point?

If you made 20% on your investment you still lost money.

So, who is doing the "fuzzy math?"

:lol::lol::lol:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EASILY the dumbest post I've seen all day!
The irony.....

"That equals up to 26.4%,"

"who is doing the "fuzzy math?""

True inflation has been running at about 8% The CPI is rigged & fake.

sgs-cpi.gif

Of course the answer is "Just Say No." Say no to those politicians you voted in again. Say no the next time a president talks "preempting a war." You are your own worst enemy. And those people who proudly said yes, punch them in the fucking nose. They just fucked you and your family and your country. I bet the next time, they will "Just Say No."

Here is the link to "No." http://avgparty.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Doesn't Obama get it? The rich don't work; their money works, and it works in things like hedge funds which are packed full of insane risk and add nothing to the real economy. These speculative monstrosities generate massive wealth for their holders, who conveniently cash out right before the fund explodes (yup, that's what happens to bogus securities which are loaded down with risk. Go figure).

And what tax rate do the wealthy get for participating in these bogus securities which destroy the economy: 15%. Meanwhile the workers are paying much higher taxes because their money comes in the form of income.

It's a sick joke.

YouTube - Indexing the Capital Gains Tax to Protect Taxpayers from Inflation

And teaching how it will really (in a lot of cases) be a 100% or more tax on capital gains.

Then liberals have the nerve to wonder why businesses aren't hiring when they know this and other things that will hurt business and investers is coming down the pipe.

Not only this but do people realise the millions of seniors in this country that depend on their dividend checks- to make ends meet --that are also subject to capital gains tax on those dividends?

Reagan said if the wealthy are allowed to keep more of their money, it will trickle down.

Look what happen to the Bush tax cuts. They didn't wind up in the real economy (Bush had the worst job creation of any president in history). To the contrary, the famed Bush tax cuts went to Wall Street in search of "get rich quick" derivatives (see ponzi scheme).

The low 15% tax rate didn't incentivize job creation; it merely lowered the cost of buying overly speculative garbage, which garbage was designed to make a small class of people wealthy. And it did. And then the crooks cashed out and let the risk they planted explode over America'a future. [FOX News has fooled a bunch of morons into believing that more money on top translates into more jobs. This is so simplistic, and it appeals to the bumper sticker crowd. I wish you people could have been in lower Manhattan the day Lehman died. Reagan's ghost could be heard singing the same old simplistic garbage "move government out of the way and let the professional money managers innovate"]

(wow, just wow)

The Reagan Revolution created a regulatory and tax environment which culminated in a meltdown that destroyed America for generations . . . and everybody is blaming the guy who has been in power less than 2 years. The Bush meltdown will consume more than just the Obama presidency. It will be with us for a long, long time. Obama is just an appetizer. The game is over.

Last edited:
Doesn't Obama get it?
It's a sick joke.

Sad fact of the matter is, Obama does get it. And by republicans calling him a sociolist, it only hides this conservative wolf in sheep's clothing and muddies the water.

And teaching how it will really (in a lot of cases) be a 100% or more tax on capital gains.

Then liberals have the nerve to wonder why businesses aren't hiring when they know this and other things that will hurt business and investers is coming down the pipe.

Not only this but do people realise the millions of seniors in this country that depend on their dividend checks- to make ends meet --that are also subject to capital gains tax on those dividends?

many seniors have moved MOST of their assets OUT of the stock market by their age and moved them in to SAFE investment products like CD's....so Capital gains tax elimination does no good for them, or very little good for them.

Most seniors count on Social Security to make ends meet, not dividend checks.

Lowering taxes for the rich and allowing corporations to steal and pollute freely is the Republicans game plan.

Most seniors count on Social Security to make ends meet, not dividend checks.

Lowering taxes for the rich and allowing corporations to steal and pollute freely is the Republicans game plan.

In an effort to clarify and not make it sound like typical talking points...

I deemed it best to write it out exactly the way it was meant. Not how the opposition spun it....

"lowering taxes for the job creators and allowing corporations to be able to compete in the world market by lifting restrictions and regulations that do little for the environment but force prices to go up for the consumer."

Just sayin'

It's not only an "injustice".....it is an ULTIMATE Political Stupidity !!!
I'd imagine people (WITH $eriou$-ca$h) would have a better idea than YOU ever will.

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back