The inevitable result

Well, yes, we do know a great deal about this subject. We know the ice caps and glaciers are going bye-bye. We know that the country agents in most of the US have had to change their recommendations about what can be planted where, because of the general warming.

However, as to what the results will be in five or ten years, we really don't know. Most of the predictions for the warming I heard in the '60's for 2100, have already happened. The increasing acidity of the ocean was a surprise. The CH4 release by Arctic Ocean clathrate has been a surprise, particulary since we did not even know they existed in the '60's.

The real problem here is not that the 'alarmists' have overstated the problem, thus far, the 'alarmists' have been far too conservative.

at one time there was alligators around the north pole

so obviously we have been ice cap free before

palm trees grew in southern Alaska

Earlyeoc

That is correct. Paleoclimatology has come a long ways in the last 40 years. And we know that when the change was very rapid, there were periods of extinctions. What we don't know, is how a rapidly changing climate will affect a world with 7 billion people, and a vulneble infrastructure.

What you are betting the farm on, is that the effects will be minor.What the scientists are saying is that they will likely be major. We will find out in the not to distant future.

Those of you that are in complete denial of facts. Note that I no longer post anything concerning preventing the inevitible results of a warming that will create havoc with our agriculture and infrastructure. That is because I believe that we have already crossed the line where we cannot prevent the inevitable. However, I, and many others, will make sure that everyone knows who created the situation. And the fact that they did it for monetary reasons, and political ideology.

How bad will it get? I really don't know. Never in human history have we been down this path before. The closest we have come to it is 70,000 years ago with the eruption of Toba.

th_onoz_omg2.gif

New Study: ’2013 ranks as one of the least extreme U.S. weather years ever’– Many bad weather events at ‘historically low levels’
'Whether you’re talking about tornadoes, wildfires, extreme heat or hurricanes, the good news is that weather-related disasters in the US are all way down this year compared to recent years and, in some cases, down to historically low levels.'
Tornadoes: 'lowest total in several decades'
Number of wildfires: 'On pace to be the lowest it has been in the past ten years'
Extreme Heat: The number of 100 degree days may 'turn out to be the lowest in about 100 years of records'
Hurricanes: 'We are currently in the longest period (8 years) since the Civil War Era without a major hurricane strike in the US (i.e., category 3, 4 or 5)' ( last major hurricane to strike the US was Hurricane Wilma in 2005)

New Study 8217 2013 ranks as one of the least extreme U.S. weather years ever 8217 8211 Many bad weather events at 8216 historically low levels 8217 Climate Depot

Forum List

Back