The Impeachment ‘Kill Switch’: McConnell Dismissal Rule Corners Dems, Blocks Antics as Trial Starts

It's never been about if he was guilty or not. It's about how guilty is he and is it enough to justify removal from office. And now it's more. The Senate Republicans MUST give a reasonable facsimile of being fair and honest. Just to dismiss it won't work anymore. Only allowing Trump to present his side won't work anymore. Not allowing the House team to call on the people that Trump refused them during the impeachment phase won't cut it anymore. Refusing to supply many documents won't cut it anymore. I am predicting that a simple majority will vote to have him removed but it will fall just short of the 2/3rds required unless there is one hell of a Republican Blue Flu the say of the vote.
The impeachment went so badly that even if trump was guilty of something it made him look like he was being framed for something he did not do, in fact is so bad that the senate is now trying to repair all the damage and failing that trying to make folks forget what happened there by introducing avenatti type criminals willing to point a finger at the president in the hopes of getting a reduced sentence...that is rank desperation bro.
The impeachment was perfect

So Mitch takes his ball and goes home

Let him sell to the voters that Trump was acquitted on the merits of his case

Think about it...

To you, he was guilty from the onset. You will simply dismiss any evidence that acquits him.

We don't have to worry about your objectivity, because you have none.

It's never been about if he was guilty or not. It's about how guilty is he and is it enough to justify removal from office. And now it's more. The Senate Republicans MUST give a reasonable facsimile of being fair and honest. Just to dismiss it won't work anymore. Only allowing Trump to present his side won't work anymore. Not allowing the House team to call on the people that Trump refused them during the impeachment phase won't cut it anymore. Refusing to supply many documents won't cut it anymore. I am predicting that a simple majority will vote to have him removed but it will fall just short of the 2/3rds required unless there is one hell of a Republican Blue Flu the say of the vote.
What is it that ]Piglousi said....it is ALL ABOUT THE ALLEGATIONS....NOT THE FACTS.....YOU COMMIERATS are our entertainment!...ROTFLMFAO!

Tell you what. If you are right, I have to buy a MAGA hate, take my picture wearing it and wear it in public for a week. If I am right, you have to wear this hat.

3b73ade70a6a6ade3bda0514e58fe235.jpg

If the vote is a simple majority for impeachment then you have to buy that hat and wear it for a solid week out in public and post a picture of you wearing it in here. If it's less than a simple majority then I get the same deal with a MAGA hat.

You are so sure, let's make it interesting. What are we talking about, 10 to 20 bucks? According to you, you are rich and I am poor. But I can afford the MAGA hat. Can you afford the MADA hat?

Last time I checked, witnesses are called at trials.

Are they not?
Is this a CRIMINAL TRIAL???...How many times have we heard it is a political trial....HUGE DIFFERENCE! IF YOU think IT IS CRIMINAL quote us the law and statutes that were broken....I Haven't seen or heard of any!

No, I don’t think it’s a criminal trial, but every impeachment trial has included witnesses.
INTHE HOUSE INVESTIGATION...THE SENATE DOES NOT INVESTIGATE THEY REACH A CONCLUSION!
...But keep going, we need more good laughs from the wee IQ crowd!

No one is asking the Senate to investigate. Senate is supposed to have a trial. Witnesses are called at trials.

Unless you want a show trial...

Were you not aware of what went on in the House for 2 weeks?

Well aware. Tell me again, if we the American people are interested in the truth, why shouldn't witnesses testify at the trial?

The impeachment went so badly that even if trump was guilty of something it made him look like he was being framed for something he did not do, in fact is so bad that the senate is now trying to repair all the damage and failing that trying to make folks forget what happened there by introducing Avenatti type criminals willing to point a finger at the president in the hopes of getting a reduced sentence...that is rank desperation bro.

The impeachment was a farce. Even a dedicated liberal like Alan Dershowitz can see that. And despite your deepest fantasies, even you know that.

Is this a CRIMINAL TRIAL???...How many times have we heard it is a political trial....HUGE DIFFERENCE! IF YOU think IT IS CRIMINAL quote us the law and statutes that were broken....I Haven't seen or heard of any!

No, I don’t think it’s a criminal trial, but every impeachment trial has included witnesses.
INTHE HOUSE INVESTIGATION...THE SENATE DOES NOT INVESTIGATE THEY REACH A CONCLUSION!

No one is asking the Senate to investigate. Senate is supposed to have a trial. Witnesses are called at trials.

Well aware. Tell me again, if we the American people are interested in the truth, why shouldn't witnesses testify at the trial?

Thing is, not one of us is interested in the truth, but pressing the attack. Ill fated as it may be.

But you are not perfect. In fact you will be found unworthy of Heaven on Judgment Day for you torrent of lies that you vomit forth from your gaping Hell Hole Every Day.

The impeachment went so badly that even if trump was guilty of something it made him look like he was being framed for something he did not do, in fact is so bad that the senate is now trying to repair all the damage and failing that trying to make folks forget what happened there by introducing avenatti type criminals willing to point a finger at the president in the hopes of getting a reduced sentence...that is rank desperation bro.

yes, but was it a perfect as the phone call?

Think about it...

To you, he was guilty from the onset. You will simply dismiss any evidence that acquits him.

What is it that ]Piglousi said....it is ALL ABOUT THE ALLEGATIONS....NOT THE FACTS.....YOU COMMIERATS are our entertainment!...ROTFLMFAO!

Tell you what. If you are right, I have to buy a MAGA hate, take my picture wearing it and wear it in public for a week. If I am right, you have to wear this hat.

If the vote is a simple majority for impeachment then you have to buy that hat and wear it for a solid week out in public and post a picture of you wearing it in here. If it's less than a simple majority then I get the same deal with a MAGA hat.

You are so sure, let's make it interesting. What are we talking about, 10 to 20 bucks? According to you, you are rich and I am poor. But I can afford the MAGA hat. Can you afford the MADA hat?

If I were confident in my prediction, I wouldn't be making bets. Way to show your insecurity there, mate.

Just saying.

The Inquiry was started in lies. The articles are lies. The House had its time for witnesses and stated that....

“The Evidence was overwhelming, incontrovertible, Damning, and that this was such an urgent matter of National Security that they had no choice but to condemn Trump”

Then they went on a one month vacation and came back with $200 gold plated pens to pass around as COUP souvenirs.

There is no truth found in the articles and no crimes either and the only truth is an exoneration, acquittal, and vindication of The President.

No thing conceived in lies can be born to truth.

If This Evil that you have brought upon this Nation Succeeds, then Judgment Day cannot be far away.

Think about it...

If I were confident in my prediction, I wouldn't be making bets. Way to show your insecurity there, mate.

Just saying.

I presented the bet to thepurge. If you knew anything about western tradition, you would recognize what it is. I am betting a Hat. It goes back to the late 18th century. Cowboys and Vaqueros did that on a regular basis. I would make the same bet with you but you ain't no cowboy and can't be trusted with a hat.

Think about it...

Not allowing the House team to call on the people that Trump refused them during the impeachment phase won't cut it anymore.

That's on the House Dimwingers who didn't want to follow the system laid out in our Constitution. They fucked up.

And why should Trump cooperate with them? They pulled that crap by denying Republicans in the House a good deal of their witnesses. If I were Trump's legal team watching that shit show, I would be thinking: "oh, so they wanna play hardball, eh?"

Being the bigger man won't cut it here. You have to beat them at their own game. Nothing but pure and utter humiliation will suffice for the travesty the Democrats put forth in the House.
It doesn't matter why the subpoenas were challenged in court. Dimwingers tried to circumvent the system. Now they wan't a do-over

The Inquiry was started in lies. The articles are lies. The House had its time for witnesses and stated that....

“The Evidence was overwhelming, incontrovertible, Damning, and that this was such an urgent matter of National Security that they had no choice but to condemn Trump”

Then they went on a one month vacation and came back with $200 gold plated pens to pass around as COUP souvenirs.

There is no truth found in the articles and no crimes either and the only truth is an exoneration, acquittal, and vindication of The President.

If This Evil that you have brought upon this Nation Succeeds, then Judgment Day cannot be far away.

Well then buckle up,, cupcake, the Lord is making his picks in that case. Sure am glad you let the rest of us know about it.

Sure asshole. That was the Houses Job, trial is Senates job, NOT CALLING WITNESSES....Seems PENCIL NECK FUCKED UP!!!
Last time I checked, witnesses are called at trials.

Are they not?

How many testified publicly at Clinton's trial?

Zero sound about right?

You have already bet your soul with The Devil, so what more is a hat when you are headed to Hell?

Think about it...

Just saying.

I presented the bet to thepurge. If you knew anything about western tradition, you would recognize what it is. I am betting a Hat. It goes back to the late 18th century. Cowboys and Vaqueros did that on a regular basis. I would make the same bet with you but you ain't no cowboy and can't be trusted with a hat.

Many innocent men have been crucified, and condemned.

But to accuse and condemn an innocent man is to invite God’s Judgment on a Nation and a people.

If that comes to pass, I believe you’d rather have your soul back than be condemned forever.

Well then buckle up,, cupcake, the Lord is making his picks in that case. Sure am glad you let the rest of us know about it.

But to accuse and condemn an innocent man is to invite God’s Judgment on a Nation and a people.

If that comes to pass, I believe you’d rather have your soul back than be condemned forever.

Are you now telling me that I need to accept your religion and mine will send me straight the hedoublehockeysticks? You need me to pay for you. I will, you know. God forgives with Love. "God, forgive OT and me for our transgressions. In Jesus Christs Name, Amen". That should do it. I feel better now, how about you.

You have free will.

Just know that God does not allow the unrepentant sinner in to Heaven.

Hell is for the wicked, and Hell is Eternal Separation from God and forever spending eternity with Evil.

One cannot mock God like you just did and continue to traffic in lies and ever be granted in to God’s Kingdom.

Are you now telling me that I need to accept your religion and mine will send me straight the hedoublehockeysticks? You need me to pay for you. I will, you know. God forgives with Love. "God, forgive OT and me for our transgressions. In Jesus Christs Name, Amen". That should do it. I feel better now, how about you.

You have free will.

Just know that God does not allow the unrepentant sinner in to Heaven.

Hell is for the wicked, and Hell is Eternal Separation from God and forever spending eternity with Evil.

One cannot mock God like you just did and continue to traffic in lies and ever be granted in to God’s Kingdom.

Some of the worst Sinners and blind followers of Demons claim to be God's chosen few. You have just stepped way over the line, Demon. Out t with you. And have a nice day, Satan.

Forum List

Back