The Impeachment ‘Kill Switch’: McConnell Dismissal Rule Corners Dems, Blocks Antics as Trial Starts

And they will exchange The Truth For
a Lie, Call that which is Good, Evil and that which is Evil, Good because they Know Not The Truth.

Because of this God Will send them strong delusion so they believe the lie therefore condemning themselves to their eternal fate.

You have free will.

Just know that God does not allow the unrepentant sinner in to Heaven.

Hell is for the wicked, and Hell is Eternal Separation from God and forever spending eternity with Evil.

One cannot mock God like you just did and continue to traffic in lies and ever be granted in to God’s Kingdom.

Many innocent men have been crucified, and condemned.

But to accuse and condemn an innocent man is to invite God’s Judgment on a Nation and a people.

If that comes to pass, I believe you’d rather have your soul back than be condemned forever.

Are you now telling me that I need to accept your religion and mine will send me straight the hedoublehockeysticks? You need me to pay for you. I will, you know. God forgives with Love. "God, forgive OT and me for our transgressions. In Jesus Christs Name, Amen". That should do it. I feel better now, how about you.

Some of the worst Sinners and blind followers of Demons claim to be God's chosen few. You have just stepped way over the line, Demon. Out t with you. And have a nice day, Satan.

Last edited:
Sure asshole. That was the Houses Job, trial is Senates job, NOT CALLING WITNESSES....Seems PENCIL NECK FUCKED UP!!!
Last time I checked, witnesses are called at trials.

Are they not?
Is this a CRIMINAL TRIAL???...How many times have we heard it is a political trial....HUGE DIFFERENCE! IF YOU think IT IS CRIMINAL quote us the law and statutes that were broken....I Haven't seen or heard of any!

No, I don’t think it’s a criminal trial, but every impeachment trial has included witnesses.
INTHE HOUSE INVESTIGATION...THE SENATE DOES NOT INVESTIGATE THEY REACH A CONCLUSION!
...But keep going, we need more good laughs from the wee IQ crowd!

No one is asking the Senate to investigate. Senate is supposed to have a trial. Witnesses are called at trials.

Unless you want a show trial...
Sorry, that part of this trial is made up of rules presented by the Senate. Witnesses may be called or may not. Have to see what the rules will be as they have not been finalized!

So Mitch takes his ball and goes home

Let him sell to the voters that Trump was acquitted on the merits of his case

Think about it...

To you, he was guilty from the onset. You will simply dismiss any evidence that acquits him.

We don't have to worry about your objectivity, because you have none.

It's never been about if he was guilty or not. It's about how guilty is he and is it enough to justify removal from office. And now it's more. The Senate Republicans MUST give a reasonable facsimile of being fair and honest. Just to dismiss it won't work anymore. Only allowing Trump to present his side won't work anymore. Not allowing the House team to call on the people that Trump refused them during the impeachment phase won't cut it anymore. Refusing to supply many documents won't cut it anymore. I am predicting that a simple majority will vote to have him removed but it will fall just short of the 2/3rds required unless there is one hell of a Republican Blue Flu the say of the vote.
What is it that ]Piglousi said....it is ALL ABOUT THE ALLEGATIONS....NOT THE FACTS.....YOU COMMIERATS are our entertainment!...ROTFLMFAO!

Tell you what. If you are right, I have to buy a MAGA hate, take my picture wearing it and wear it in public for a week. If I am right, you have to wear this hat.

3b73ade70a6a6ade3bda0514e58fe235.jpg

If the vote is a simple majority for impeachment then you have to buy that hat and wear it for a solid week out in public and post a picture of you wearing it in here. If it's less than a simple majority then I get the same deal with a MAGA hat.

You are so sure, let's make it interesting. What are we talking about, 10 to 20 bucks? According to you, you are rich and I am poor. But I can afford the MAGA hat. Can you afford the MADA hat?
Why would I even entertain you with something like that.....$20 can feed a lot of my rescue cats!

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is as of now including in the U.S. Senate impeachment trial rules a “kill switch” that effectively allows for the president’s legal team to seek an immediate verdict or dismissal of the case should Democrats engage in any shenanigans like they did in the House process.

The revelation comes after the House finally late last week formally sent the Articles of Impeachment it adopted before Christmas—after holding them for more than a month without transmission—to the U.S. Senate, thereby triggering the start of a Senate trial. The Senate will formally commence its trial procedures in votes this coming week, and while some Republicans want to outright dismiss the charges altogether from the outset, others believe a trial should take place.

In so finally transmitting the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also named impeachment case managers—the Democrats who will present and manage the House’s case to the Senate—last week. They include House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY). Both Schiff and Nadler were widely panned for the highly unfair process they ran in the House of Representatives, and many Senate Republicans do not trust them to refrain from playing games that seek to make the Senate trial unfair to the president as the highly partisan process in the House ended up.

Republicans on the House side, who were essentially powerless to stop the Democrats’ shenanigans since they are in the minority in the lower chamber, are warning Senate Republicans to be on the lookout for Schiff’s gamesmanship and that from his ilk.

“It’s incumbent upon the Senate to preserve the right of the President’s legal team to ask for a verdict or move to dismiss this sham impeachment anytime they..

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

------------

“killswitch” will be thrown only if any Dem pulls a ruthless, dishonest, crooked stunt for their own political gain.

Dems: OMG. That means we’re finished....Flushed, ....Kaput.....where is that trump RED MAGA CAP?....ROTFLMFAO!!!
Schumer has already decided he's not going to let go of the House ways, a corrupt and dishonest approach, new material to pass the time of the year off to help Pelosi, Schiff, and Nadler destroy all 3 branches of the American government

Their plan is to put Communism in America and put it in now.

Are there any Liberals on this board who aren't emotionally and mentally disturbed?
Are there any Right of Liberal people on this Thread who realize the Liberals on this Thread are psychotic...or outright retarded?

Like calling witnesses...
An avenatti type of character would absolutely qualify.
Not sure what you mean by that.

Schumer has asked for 4 witnesses.
Mulvaney
Bolton
Blair
Duffey

Any reason you can think of that we shouldn’t hear from any of these people?

They were never part of the houses case. The house clams to have a slam dunk let them present it as is and see if the senate agrees.

Mulvaney
Bolton
Blair
Duffey

Yes. Adolph Schiffler should have called them during the House "inquiry." In fact, he could have called Bolton, but he chose not to. Why should the be allowed now?

Mulvaney
Bolton
Blair
Duffey

And Trump has the right to call any witnesses HE eants, including the Bidens (in order to prove his phone call was justified)...

Or Shiff and Nadler, in order to prove prosecutorial misconduct (and get an AUTOMATIC DISMISSAL of the charges)!!!

Sure asshole. That was the Houses Job, trial is Senates job, NOT CALLING WITNESSES....Seems PENCIL NECK FUCKED UP!!!

Are they not?
Is this a CRIMINAL TRIAL???...How many times have we heard it is a political trial....HUGE DIFFERENCE! IF YOU think IT IS CRIMINAL quote us the law and statutes that were broken....I Haven't seen or heard of any!

No, I don’t think it’s a criminal trial, but every impeachment trial has included witnesses.
INTHE HOUSE INVESTIGATION...THE SENATE DOES NOT INVESTIGATE THEY REACH A CONCLUSION!

No one is asking the Senate to investigate. Senate is supposed to have a trial. Witnesses are called at trials.

Courts do not call witnesses to discover crimes or wrongdoings.

Pelosi refused to subpoena these witnesses. It's not McConnell's job to call them for her.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is as of now including in the U.S. Senate impeachment trial rules a “kill switch” that effectively allows for the president’s legal team to seek an immediate verdict or dismissal of the case should Democrats engage in any shenanigans like they did in the House process.

The revelation comes after the House finally late last week formally sent the Articles of Impeachment it adopted before Christmas—after holding them for more than a month without transmission—to the U.S. Senate, thereby triggering the start of a Senate trial. The Senate will formally commence its trial procedures in votes this coming week, and while some Republicans want to outright dismiss the charges altogether from the outset, others believe a trial should take place.

In so finally transmitting the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also named impeachment case managers—the Democrats who will present and manage the House’s case to the Senate—last week. They include House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY). Both Schiff and Nadler were widely panned for the highly unfair process they ran in the House of Representatives, and many Senate Republicans do not trust them to refrain from playing games that seek to make the Senate trial unfair to the president as the highly partisan process in the House ended up.

Republicans on the House side, who were essentially powerless to stop the Democrats’ shenanigans since they are in the minority in the lower chamber, are warning Senate Republicans to be on the lookout for Schiff’s gamesmanship and that from his ilk.

“It’s incumbent upon the Senate to preserve the right of the President’s legal team to ask for a verdict or move to dismiss this sham impeachment anytime they..

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

------------

“killswitch” will be thrown only if any Dem pulls a ruthless, dishonest, crooked stunt for their own political gain.

Dems: OMG. That means we’re finished....Flushed, ....Kaput.....where is that trump RED MAGA CAP?....ROTFLMFAO!!!

The ONLY people pulling “shenanigans” in the Congressional Hearings were Republicans demanding witnesses who had nothing to do with the charges.

Republicans want to make this about the Bidens and it has NOTHING to do with the Bidens and everything to do with this illegal President.

Mulvaney
Bolton
Blair
Duffey

They were never part of the houses case. The house clams to have a slam dunk let them present it as is and see if the senate agrees.

Some people take more convincing than others. Are you interested in discovering the truth or not?

Are they not?

Courts do not call witnesses to discover crimes or wrongdoings.

Pelosi refused to subpoena these witnesses. It's not McConnell's job to call them for her.

Um, what? Witnesses are called to testify in court all the time.

I wonder what they consider a “dishonest, crooked stunt”?
ANYTHING a DIM DEM would attempt...........

a witness for what.
No witness for the dems has come forth with first hand knowledge.
It's all been hearsay
Les Parnas is a perfect example

well I never talked with Trump personally, but I know he would do it.

If your criticism is lack of first hand witnesses, then you must be in favor of calling people with first hand knowledge of why the aid was held.

Are they not?

You are just WRONG Colfax!

It is up to the House to have the witnesses, and they did not even try to compel them to testify by running the request through the Supreme Court. Don't you read newspapers or other media?

If you want fairness, all this is in reality is another "gotcha!" It is NOT a slam-dunk that the Senate can force testimony from these people if the Trump Administration uses executive priv. That would mean, the Senate would then have to do what the House refused to do, and run it by the whole Supreme Court, stalling the whole outcome, leaving it up in the air.

So, in essence by using this tactic, the House got to impeach the President, while not allowing the Senate to vindicate him, as they would be having to wait for the Supreme Court to rule; and that could take months to get the trial off the ground.

No, the House did this to themselves, and did it on purpose, trying to put the onus on the Senate to do the Houses's job; in essence, trying to "eat their cake, and have it too!" You see, the House doesn't REALLY want witnesses because of what would come out. They only want Americans to BELIEVE they champion this, so they can blame the Senate, lol!

Possibly/probably a smart political move by the Democrats, if the GOP has no answer to it. Do they? I don't know; starting Tuesday we will find out!

Are they not?

You are just WRONG Colfax!

It is up to the House to have the witnesses, and they did not even try to compel them to testify by running the request through the Supreme Court. Don't you read newspapers or other media?

If you want fairness, all this is in reality is another "gotcha!" It is NOT a slam-dunk that the Senate can force testimony from these people if the Trump Administration uses executive priv. That would mean, the Senate would then have to do what the House refused to do, and run it by the whole Supreme Court, stalling the whole outcome, leaving it up in the air.

So, in essence by using this tactic, the House got to impeach the President, while not allowing the Senate to vindicate him, as they would be having to wait for the Supreme Court to rule; and that could take months to get the trial off the ground.

No, the House did this to themselves, and did it on purpose, trying to put the onus on the Senate to do the Houses's job; in essence, trying to "eat their cake, and have it too!" You see, the House doesn't REALLY want witnesses because of what would come out. They only want Americans to BELIEVE they champion this, so they can blame the Senate, lol!

Possibly/probably a smart political move by the Democrats, if the GOP has no answer to it. Do they? I don't know; starting Tuesday we will find out!

Bolton has stated he will testify if called before the Senate. I’d say that’s a testimony worth hearing, wouldn’t you?

Are you interested in getting at the truth?

Forum List

Back