The Immigration Crises Shows Just How Much Contempt America’s Establishment Has For Democracy

Not as wide as you think.

I am sure a lot of people claiming asylum are bullshitting.

But it takes 4 years to resolve an asylum case.
Great

Make them wait in mexico till they get permission to enter the US

Subjective and I never claimed the president doesn't have that power ever. This legislation will give him that power based on crossings.

That is good right?

Mexico is one of our biggest trading partners. Shutting down the border would impact Americans financially.
hahaha you never claimed it? Even when I provided you the law you continued to claim he didn't have the authority.

He already has the power. This legislation is a piece of crap.

Shutting down the border, won't stop trade. Nobody has suggested we stop trade with Mexico.

How?

IT won't make them stop coming and Mexico isn't just going to hold them anymore.
They will pile up at the mexican border instead of getting in the US and being supported by US taxpayers

Great

Make them wait in mexico till they get permission to enter the US
That's now what the law calls for.

The law says that they can present themselves ANYWHERE in the United States and claim asylum, regardless of their immigration status.

Also, Mexico has absolutely NO incentive to host these people. If I were Mexico, I'd be helping them fill out their paperwork.

Biden has the power to end this crisis without additional legislation. He just needs to do it. Of course, he had done nothing for the past 3 years, so there is no reason to think he is serious now.
Wait. I thought you creeps were claiming we’re not a democracy

This is so confusing

That's now what the law calls for.

The law says that they can present themselves ANYWHERE in the United States and claim asylum, regardless of their immigration status.

Also, Mexico has absolutely NO incentive to host these people. If I were Mexico, I'd be helping them fill out their paperwork.
That is NOT the law, sweetheart.

It does not boost the economy

It hurts poor Americans
Poor America doesn't have enough of a work ethic to matter. There's a reason they are poor.

If you are such a loser that you can't compete with a person with no connections, no resources and a limited grasp on the English Language then there's not much that can be done for you.

Poor America doesn't have enough of a work ethic to matter. There's a reason they are poor.
Sure

Wipe-every-nose welfare has destroyed the incentive to work

End gov assist for able bodied adults

Yes, we do

AFTER we have conducted DUE PROCESS.

But as the law sits now... you show up, you claim asylum, and your case has to be processed.
They can remain in mexico till they get a hearing

Your side has been singing that song since the 1970s.

And the guy who got even reasonably close was Bill Clinton. YOu know, the guy you impeached over a blow job
He gets more ctedit than he deserves

There were plenty of exceptions in the welfare reform bill

And much of the good stuff has been chipped away since

But I long for the good old days when democrats were no worse than bill clinton

After obama and biden we know how bad it can really be

Forum List

Back