Zone1 The Hostile Environment on this boid

Persuader

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2020
How it originated I know longer remember if i ever knew...I do remember a time....long ago...when such hostility as now exists on here between mods and posters did not amount to much.

I think there needs to be better communication with the moderating team and the posters....but it should be on a equal basis...not like a person in a position of leadership talking down to a poster but one as in fellow board members having a honest discussion.

Perhaps someone might might have a suggestion on how to improve the mod poster relationship on here?

How it originated I know longer remember if i ever knew...I do remember a time....long ago...when such hostility as now exists on here between mods and posters did not amount to much.

I think there needs to be better communication with the moderating team and the posters....but it should be on a equal basis...not like a person in a position of leadership talking down to a poster but one as in fellow board members having a honest discussion.

Perhaps someone might might have a suggestion on how to improve the mod poster relationship on here?
freedom of speech does bother some because they prefer censorship as yo appaerntly do

What hostility?

0617_pg10_C1_pic.jpg

.I do remember a time....long ago...when such hostility as now exists on here between mods and posters did not amount to much.
Have posted for around five months and am still waiting to see an example of open hostility between Mods and we lesser beings .
I see constant over- the- top language among posters which surprisingly -- to me -- appears to be tolerated and even a saintly person like myself has occasionally used slightly immoderate speech but not been admonished .
So , I have no idea what you are referring to.

i dont see why the mods on this board take some much crap from poster...

use to be pinking was used to control posters....that seems to have fallen by the wayside... bring back banned posters...hell even sfc...mods play bullshit games many times with banning members...i think that has gotten better

How do you tie a tie? To me that is a big litmus test.

How are your ties tied?

Depends on the tie. Thinner ties or knitted typically use a smaller knot , like a half Windsor. A more formal tie needs a full Windsor to balance out both sides. A bow tie uses a shoelace knot.

Only people who wear ties around here are organized crime types and people on trial. lol

Never saw anybody wearing one in California or Oregon either.

how to tell a decent tie....look at the little thing ..the strap on the inside....the better ties ..the little strap will be the same fabric as the tie...not a cheaper fabric

Depends on the tie. Thinner ties or knitted typically use a smaller knot , like a half Windsor. A more formal tie needs a full Windsor to balance out both sides. A bow tie uses a shoelace knot.
Bah! Double Windsor or nothing.

(except bowties)

freedom of speech does bother some because they prefer censorship as yo appaerntly do

Just as an FYI, since this is a privately owned web site, your 1st amendment rights do not apply. The Bill of Rights was written to protect you from the gov't. USMB is not the gov't.

and why are pocket squares a thing of the past?

I have several pocket squares. I think it is the final touch in wearing a suit.

I have a friend that always has a pocket square that exactly matches his shirt. I talked to him to find out where he found shirts and matching pocket squares. After he stopped laughing he showed me the secret. He took off his coat and untucked his shit to reveal a square whole he had cut in the shirttail. He just makes sure all his dress shirts are Tall or Long sizes.

Forum List

Back