The Hostess-Twinkie who did what to kill it/them thread

Considering Hostess raided their pension fund, I think contempt is justifiable...

how could they do that and what proof do you have of it?

They admitted it after the mediation....there was an article...I'm too tired to look for it now, and too busy.

well you'll have to excuse me but I doubt it..Not saying you're wrong or right
But I don't see how they could and then go in front of a judge without repercussions..
Have a Happy Thanksgiving

how could they do that and what proof do you have of it?

They admitted it after the mediation....there was an article...I'm too tired to look for it now, and too busy.

But I don't see how they could and then go in front of a judge without repercussions..

Doubt it all you like, it doesn't change the fact it happened. Get off your lazy butt and do a search if you want confirmation.

Doubt it all you like, it doesn't change the fact it happened. Get off your lazy butt and do a search if you want confirmation.

well YOU know they did why didn't you POST the proof you have?
or you just wanted to call people lazy butts

Anybody that can't run a simple search in Google, demanding people do their searches for them, is a lazy ass.

Anybody that can't run a simple search in Google, demanding people do their searches for them, is a lazy ass.

someone who has the proof and won't post it is a horses ass

someone who has the proof and won't post it is a horses ass

How do you think they got it? They googled the shit. What, do you think people bookmark every article they read? In order to get your precious proof, people have to google it all over again.

Try showing some initiative instead of enslaving everybody else to do your research for you.

I am not linking you to my company dude...sorry. It's of no consequence if you do not believe me as at some future point it will be public knowledge.

Numerous wholesale distributors are already geared up to begin distribution in December. If Hostess liquidates due to this recent development with Bakers? Then Hostess may have to face a hiatus until it is purchased, but purchased it will be and back out on the market it will go.

Those great brand names aren't going to vanish, that is for sure.

Union guys paid $30 and hour to stock shelves? Not. So. Much.

Liar.

$30/hour to stock shelves... too funny

A Hostess pie costs like $1.69.

This is what happens when you pay a guy $30 and hour to stock shelves.

The non-Union pies can be had 2 for a buck.

What malmart is paying $30 and hour to stock shelves? If your talking about the hostess employeee you clearly don;t know jack shit about what hostess was actually paying.

OK. Salary, benies, pensions are $29.37 per hour.

If they're lucky enough to qualify for bennies and pensions.

"In the two years since OUR Walmart's creation, Walmart (WMT) has twice raised the number of hours that part-time employees need to qualify for health benefits. Wage caps begun about six years ago block raises for some longtime employees in the same jobs. And some workers say the company's work-scheduling system limits their hours below what they need to qualify for benefits and produces such widely varying schedules that it's difficult to take a second job to make ends meet.

A "Declaration of Respect" that about 100 OUR Walmart members presented to the company last June calls on Walmart to offer affordable health care, create more dependable schedules and pay at least $13 an hour, among other things.

Walmart says the national average hourly wage for its full-time workers is $12.40 but declined to say what it is for part-time workers. The federal minimum wage has been $7.25 since 2009."

Walmart workers band together for better wages, affordable benefits

I blame us all for the demise of the Twinkie. We have taken the Twinkie for granted, mocked it as low class, forbid our children from eating the forbidden snack

Those who mourn the mighty Twinkie only need to look in a mirror for blame

What malmart is paying $30 and hour to stock shelves? If your talking about the hostess employeee you clearly don;t know jack shit about what hostess was actually paying.

"In the two years since OUR Walmart's creation, Walmart (WMT) has twice raised the number of hours that part-time employees need to qualify for health benefits. Wage caps begun about six years ago block raises for some longtime employees in the same jobs. And some workers say the company's work-scheduling system limits their hours below what they need to qualify for benefits and produces such widely varying schedules that it's difficult to take a second job to make ends meet.

A "Declaration of Respect" that about 100 OUR Walmart members presented to the company last June calls on Walmart to offer affordable health care, create more dependable schedules and pay at least $13 an hour, among other things.

Walmart says the national average hourly wage for its full-time workers is $12.40 but declined to say what it is for part-time workers. The federal minimum wage has been $7.25 since 2009."

What would be the difference between what the full-time wage is and what the part-time wage is? If you're doing the same type of work, why would a part-time employee somehow be paid a larger hourly wage than a full-time employee? If you're stocking shelves and the average full-time hourly wage is $12.40 then, the part-time hourly wage for stocking shelves should be $12.40. They shouldn't get a larger hourly wage simply because they're working part time.

What would be the difference between what the full-time wage is and what the part-time wage is? If you're doing the same type of work, why would a part-time employee somehow be paid a larger hourly wage than a full-time employee? If you're stocking shelves and the average full-time hourly wage is $12.40 then, the part-time hourly wage for stocking shelves should be $12.40. They shouldn't get a larger hourly wage simply because they're working part time.

IMO, no difference for the same job. But apparently there's a difference to Wal-Mart and they don't want to discuss it, since they won't give the dollar amount for part-time workers.

IMO, no difference for the same job. But apparently there's a difference to Wal-Mart and they don't want to discuss it, since they won't give the dollar amount for part-time workers.

Why do they need to give the dollar amount for part-time workers though? Anyone with any common sense whatsoever can figure out that if the national average wage for its full-time workers is $12.40, this is likely the average wage for its part time workers as well for doing the same type of work. It all depends on what position it is one applies for and what area of the country they live in. Now, if they have positions which are offered only as part-time and there are no full-time positions available for that type of work then, the average hourly wage would likely be different. But if, for instance the average hourly wage for a full-time stockperson is $12.40 then, the average hourly wage for a part-time stockperson would be $12.40 as well, since I'm sure the part-time stockperson is getting paid the same $12.40 per hour that the full-time stockperson is getting paid. Now, benefits on the other hand? Part-time workers wouldn't likely get benefits. But, of course, most jobs at Walmart aren't intended to be career jobs in the first place, unless you're in a managerial position or something of that nature. It's intended to be a job to supplement another job of which you and/or your significant other are working. These people who think they should go to Walmart as a cashier and expect to get paid the same wage as a welder or something are a laugh a minute. Most of the jobs at Walmart are generally for kids and young folks in high school or just barely out of high school and aren't necessarily for people who are looking for a permanent career. If one wants $30 to $40 an hour, they should look for jobs that pay that type of wage.

Why do they need to give the dollar amount for part-time workers though? Anyone with any common sense whatsoever can figure out that if the national average wage for its full-time workers is $12.40, this is likely the average wage for its part time workers as well for doing the same type of work. It all depends on what position it is one applies for and what area of the country they live in. Now, if they have positions which are offered only as part-time and there are no full-time positions available for that type of work then, the average hourly wage would likely be different. But if, for instance the average hourly wage for a full-time stockperson is $12.40 then, the average hourly wage for a part-time stockperson would be $12.40 as well, since I'm sure the part-time stockperson is getting paid the same $12.40 per hour that the full-time stockperson is getting paid. Now, benefits on the other hand? Part-time workers wouldn't likely get benefits. But, of course, most jobs at Walmart aren't intended to be career jobs in the first place, unless you're in a managerial position or something of that nature. It's intended to be a job to supplement another job of which you and/or your significant other are working. These people who think they should go to Walmart as a cashier and expect to get paid the same wage as a welder or something are a laugh a minute. Most of the jobs at Walmart are generally for kids and young folks in high school or just barely out of high school and aren't necessarily for people who are looking for a permanent career. If one wants $30 to $40 an hour, they should look for jobs that pay that type of wage.

you can work at wal-mart as a career....You wont get rich but you can work until you retire....Just cause YOU think the work is beneath you doesnt mean you cant move up in the company with hard work.

you can work at wal-mart as a career....You wont get rich but you can work until you retire....Just cause YOU think the work is beneath you doesnt mean you cant move up in the company with hard work.

Oh...yeah, you can work at Walmart as a career if you want to. If, you're satisfied with making the kind of money it is one makes at Walmart. Or, if you have a second job and/or your significant other has a job which pays well and the Walmart job is just an extra career on the side. But, if one has a family with children? I don't think I'd recommend relying solely on a Walmart job as a career. And, yes, some can manage to work their way up in the company if they're willing to work hard and strive for it. But, it isn't going to happen overnight. But, I did mention a "managerial position or something of that nature". Which, is to imply someone worked their way up into the managerial position. Most people probably don't start out in managerial positions at Walmart and they likely do have to work their way up in the company. Even someone who has been a manager somewhere else probably has to start out as a cashier or something like that before they finally work their way up into a managerial position at Walmart.

Oh...yeah, you can work at Walmart as a career if you want to. If, you're satisfied with making the kind of money it is one makes at Walmart. Or, if you have a second job and/or your significant other has a job which pays well and the Walmart job is just an extra career on the side. But, if one has a family with children? I don't think I'd recommend relying solely on a Walmart job as a career. And, yes, some can manage to work their way up in the company if they're willing to work hard and strive for it. But, it isn't going to happen overnight. But, I did mention a "managerial position or something of that nature". Which, is to imply someone worked their way up into the managerial position. Most people probably don't start out in managerial positions at Walmart and they likely do have to work their way up in the company. Even someone who has been a manager somewhere else probably has to start out as a cashier or something like that before they finally work their way up into a managerial position at Walmart.
So all the work they do is beneath you? Your better then them?

Forum List

Back