The Holy Bible contains not any contradictions!

To quote Benjamin Franklin: "In the affairs of the world, men are saved, not by faith, but by the lack of it."
creationist seem more than content to forever move their goalposts after their maleficence no longer works for them.

The boob cannot even quote Benjamin Franklin correctly. He said, "In the affairs of this world, men are saved not by faith, but by the want of it."

Benjamin Franklin Quotes

Thus, it's you two loonies who are moving the goalposts after their malfeasance.

I can see you’re lashing out again with your usual emotional outbursts.

Your false claims are crashing to the ground in flames so you are left to stomp your feet like a petulant child.

Is the universe random to you?

The universe is not random to anyone because it follows rules.
If God doesn't track the attributes of every particle in the universe, chaos theory says the results will appear random.
Appear to be random? I think you meant to say it appears to be orderly.

There is no randomness in the universe. Things just can't randomly be. Quantum mechanics never defies the laws of nature. What there is is increasing disorder. That too is not random. That is predictable as well. . The Laws of Nature are such that the potential for intelligence to exist existed before space and time were created. One can argue that given the laws of nature and the size of the universe that intelligence arising was inevitable. One can also argue that creating intelligence from nothing defies the Second Law of Entropy. That creating intelligence from nothing increases order within the universe. It actually doesn't because usable energy was lost along the way as a cost of creating order from disorder. But it is nature overriding it's tendency for ever increasing disorder that interests me and raises my suspicions to look deeper and to take seriously the proposition that a mind without a body created the material world so that minds with bodies could create too.

So there is no appearance of randomness. There is only an appearance of order. And it appears to be orderly because it is. The ever increasing complexity of life was predestined before the beginning of space and time.

Logically there are not multiple deities that exist. There is only one. Whose nature is beyond our comprehension.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have heard your spiel before and in case you forgot I think its lunacy.

You also seem to have forgotten that you openly worship a coequal trinity that became a man who you eat in the form of a lifeless matzo made by human hands for spiritual life.

Jesus said that knowing God is eternal life.

If thats true, not knowing God is death....

The only reason the nature of God is incomprehensible to you is because you have never seen him and do not know him.

You only love and practice deceit.
Sounds to me like you are still obsessing over the form of religion. Thanks for proving my point.

No, ding. I am not obsessing over the form of religion. That NPC phrase has no meaning here.

You mentioned that there is only one God. I reminded you that you worship a trinity which by definition is three coequal beings in one which is not the same thing as one unequalled God.

You said that the nature of God is incomprehensible, but I showed you that Jesus said the exact opposite, that knowing God is in itself eternal life.

Then I did you the favor of alerting you to the cause of your separation from God, the idolatrous worship of an edible trinity that does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence.

God is incomprehensible to you because you have never seen him and do not know him.

The silly things you say about God experiencing the material world through "us" or God is present in the eucharist simply because 'we" believe, confirms this.

You have been deluded by your own unrestrained imagination which is not an experience of God but the exact opposite.

And in case you have forgotten, I don't give a crap about what you do in church.

Something is going on here right above your head and the watchers are watching.

You are always talking about how Christians are idolaters. It's all you ever talk about.

The rest is a really cool story. You're a nut job.

Last edited:

If God doesn't track the attributes of every particle in the universe, chaos theory says the results will appear random.

There is no randomness in the universe. Things just can't randomly be. Quantum mechanics never defies the laws of nature. What there is is increasing disorder. That too is not random. That is predictable as well. . The Laws of Nature are such that the potential for intelligence to exist existed before space and time were created. One can argue that given the laws of nature and the size of the universe that intelligence arising was inevitable. One can also argue that creating intelligence from nothing defies the Second Law of Entropy. That creating intelligence from nothing increases order within the universe. It actually doesn't because usable energy was lost along the way as a cost of creating order from disorder. But it is nature overriding it's tendency for ever increasing disorder that interests me and raises my suspicions to look deeper and to take seriously the proposition that a mind without a body created the material world so that minds with bodies could create too.

So there is no appearance of randomness. There is only an appearance of order. And it appears to be orderly because it is. The ever increasing complexity of life was predestined before the beginning of space and time.
Can God predict tomorrow's weather? How about the weather in 1,000 years? Do so, he'd have to know, among many other factors, every wing flap of every butterfly that has ever lived. Can God make a boulder so big even he couldn't lift it?

Can God predict tomorrow's weather? How about the weather in 1,000 years? Do so, he'd have to know, among many other factors, every wing flap of every butterfly that has ever lived. Can God make a boulder so big even he couldn't lift it?
Would that make a difference to you?

Can God make a boulder so big even he couldn't lift it?
Logically there are not multiple deities that exist. There is only one. Whose nature is beyond our comprehension.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have heard your spiel before and in case you forgot I think its lunacy.

You also seem to have forgotten that you openly worship a coequal trinity that became a man who you eat in the form of a lifeless matzo made by human hands for spiritual life.

The only reason the nature of God is incomprehensible to you is because you have never seen him and do not know him.

Sounds to me like you are still obsessing over the form of religion. Thanks for proving my point.

No, ding. I am not obsessing over the form of religion. That NPC phrase has no meaning here.

You mentioned that there is only one God. I reminded you that you worship a trinity which by definition is three coequal beings in one which is not the same thing as one unequalled God.

You said that the nature of God is incomprehensible, but I showed you that Jesus said the exact opposite, that knowing God is in itself eternal life.

Then I did you the favor of alerting you to the cause of your separation from God, the idolatrous worship of an edible trinity that does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence.

God is incomprehensible to you because you have never seen him and do not know him.

The silly things you say about God experiencing the material world through "us" or God is present in the eucharist simply because 'we" believe, confirms this.

You have been deluded by your own unrestrained imagination which is not an experience of God but the exact opposite.

And in case you have forgotten, I don't give a crap about what you do in church.

You are always talking about how Christians are idolaters. It's all you ever talk about.

Well ding, according to the definition of the word you are an idolator whether you worship Jesus as God or grovel on your knees before a lifeless matzo made by human hands.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Can God make a boulder so big even he couldn't lift it?

Well ding, according to the definition of the word you are an idolator whether you worship Jesus as God or grovel on your knees before a lifeless matzo made by human hands.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles.
That sounds like a Jewish interpretation.

But then again considering that most Jews have forgotten God, most Jews are secular humanists.

No. Would it to you?
I'm not the one asking or trying to validate his beliefs.
Since I don't believe in your God, his abilities and character are irrelevant to me, just of academic interest you might say. Since you do believe in Him, I'd have thought these questions would be supremely important to you. Am I wrong?

No. Would it to you?
I'm not the one asking or trying to validate his beliefs.
Since I don't believe in your God, his abilities and character are irrelevant to me, just of academic interest you might say. Since you do believe in Him, I'd have thought these questions would be supremely important to you. Am I wrong?
Yep. About pretty much everything.

I know of a man raised as an evangelical Christian and went to Moody Bible Institute. He was so devout he learned ancient Greek, Latin, Hebrew, and Aramaic just to read and study the Bible. He got a PhD, teaches Bible Studies at Chapel Hill University, and now he's agnostic.

It's been awhile, but learned about Paul's young friend Timothy yesterday. Perhaps this is something that could help your Christian/agnostic (?) friend.

In 2 Timothy 2, Paul writes a letter to his successor, Timothy, and has three lessons from a soldier, athlete, and farmer. The soldier's lesson is to please his commander (v. 4). It states that trash talk (godless chatter) of others, rhetoric from people who think too much of themselves, things beyond your control, and concerns that cause us angst -- all compete with our faith and ministry causing us to lose devotion, perseverance, and focus.

Bible Gateway passage: 2 Timothy 2 - New International Version

I know of a man raised as an evangelical Christian and went to Moody Bible Institute. He was so devout he learned ancient Greek, Latin, Hebrew, and Aramaic just to read and study the Bible. He got a PhD, teaches Bible Studies at Chapel Hill University, and now he's agnostic.

It's been awhile, but learned about Paul's young friend Timothy yesterday. Perhaps this is something that could help your Christian/agnostic (?) friend.

In 2 Timothy 2, Paul writes a letter to his successor, Timothy, and has three lessons from a soldier, athlete, and farmer. The soldier's lesson is to please his commander (v. 4). It states that trash talk (godless chatter) of others, rhetoric from people who think too much of themselves, things beyond your control, and concerns that cause us angst -- all compete with our faith and ministry causing us to lose devotion, perseverance, and focus.

The advice may be sound but there is a good chance it didn't come from Paul. Ironic considering the OP. Can you say pseudepigrapha?

Several letters bearing Paul’s name are disputed among scholars, namely:
  • Ephesians
  • Colossians
  • 2 Thessalonians
  • 1 Timothy
  • 2 Timothy
  • Titus

The advice may be sound but there is a good chance it didn't come from Paul. Ironic considering the OP. Can you say pseudepigrapha?

• Ephesians
  • Colossians
  • 2 Thessalonians
  • 1 Timothy
  • 2 Timothy
  • Titus

My post wasn't for you, but to pass it on to your friend. I hope you do that.

As for your dispute, the Bible is clear that the author is Paul of his letter to Timothy in 2 Timothy 1:1-2. "Greeting
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God according to the promise of the life that is in Christ Jesus,
2 To Timothy, my beloved child:

Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."

• Ephesians
  • Colossians
  • 2 Thessalonians
  • 1 Timothy
  • 2 Timothy
  • Titus

As for your dispute, the Bible is clear that the author is Paul of his letter to Timothy in 2 Timothy 1:1-2. "Greeting
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God according to the promise of the life that is in Christ Jesus,

He's not a friend, just someone I know of and whose books I've read: Bart Ehrman.

As for Paul's letters, scholars accept some as authentic, some as questionable, and some as almost certainly NOT written by Paul. Faith is good but so is at least a bit of skepticism.

• Ephesians
  • Colossians
  • 2 Thessalonians
  • 1 Timothy
  • 2 Timothy
  • Titus

That's actually pretty funny. "The bible is clear....."

If you were honest with yourself and others, you would acknowledge that the writers of the various bibles (who are largely unknown), could make any claim they wished. The many errors and ommissions in the bibles demonstrate that.

Attempting to use the bibles to prove the bibles are true is just silly.

• Ephesians
  • Colossians
  • 2 Thessalonians
  • 1 Timothy
  • 2 Timothy
  • Titus

He's not a friend, just someone I know of and whose books I've read: Bart Ehrman.

As for Paul's letters, scholars accept some as authentic, some as questionable, and some as almost certainly NOT written by Paul. Faith is good but so is at least a bit of skepticism.

Haha. What a fakir you are.

We know all of Paul's writings are authentic unlike that of your "bud" and so-called Bible scholar Mr. Ehrman. What he writes is a rehash of an old story that Jesus was an itinerant preacher and the apostles just conspired to make up the story of his resurrection in order to sell books and make a name for himself. He isn't a real Bible scholar, but one for the atheists/agnostics.

Haha. What a fakir you are.

We know all of Paul's writings are authentic unlike that of your "bud" and so-called Bible scholar Mr. Ehrman. What he writes is a rehash of an old story that Jesus was an itinerant preacher and the apostles just conspired to make up the story of his resurrection in order to sell books and make a name for himself. He isn't a real Bible scholar, but one for the atheists/agnostics.
All of Paul's writings are authentic because they say they are? Yet you call me a fakir even though I say I'm not? You should be either more or less skeptical. You'd look less foolish that way. Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back